Saga should be over soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't provide any comments specific to this thread.

But I reinstate my view, which is the view of most I think, that it will be great to find out if the players are guilty are not.
Will we? Or is it a case of there not being enough evidence to prove to the level required?

Excuse my ignorance but were ASADA compelled to include ALL the evidence in the SCN's against the players? Could they have provided a summary but kept some key evidence to them self to use at the hearing?

ASADA have already stated the players were provided with a 'comprehensive summary'. I'd assume from that the specific evidence wasn't provided in full

I'm actually pretty comfortable about the truth. I think those that have haunted this board for most of the saga have been a long way from it.

I wonder if ASADA "hanno i coglioni" to go to the tribunal or if they will delay the process in an attempt to upset the players preseason. Doubt they were expecting the players to not accept deals!

good question
this is the ultimate test of ASADA's bona fides and willingness to do things in a timely manner
it would cost them nothing to send the briefs of evidence to the AFL at the same time as they are sent to the ADRV Panel
especially since it would be for the purpose of the AFL's anti-doping code
and therefore, according to Middleton, ASADA would be free to do so, ie there would not be a privacy or confidentiality concern

good question
this is the ultimate test of ASADA's bona fides and willingness to do things in a timely manner
it would cost them nothing to send the briefs of evidence to the AFL at the same time as they are sent to the ADRV Panel
and therefore, according to Middleton, ASADA would be free to do so, ie there would not be a privacy or confidentiality concern

Will be funny if they don't even bother prosecuting.

sticker,375x360.png
Sad really that supporters of this club still prefer the approach of you can't prove what we did than proving they were truly innocent. :rolleyes:

Funny how they're suddenly in a hurry to sort this out. They were in no hurry in June when the SCN were first issued. If they were so convinced of their innocence why didn't they respond then and not bother waiting for the outcome of the court action? Show us the evidence and we'll decide whether you've got enough to know what to do.
Because they have realised that a 12 month ban could eat into next years pre season if they don't get this done with now.

Richmond supporters still cop shit 10 years later for some campaigner who spat on Spud Frawley.If you think no-one gives a shit about this, you're sadly mistaken.

On Big footy they do sure. In the real world where we all live no one gives a shit. Society is about the current thing.
You can only be vindicated if you can prove you are innocent. All I am hearing is there is not enough proof that you doped.

Ergo we didn't dope?

No, not really. Essendon will remain the only team in VFL/AFL history to be banned from playing finals for dru....err "poor governance".

The only thing escaping bans will prove is that ASADA was unable to dig up enough evidence to prove your club's guilt, or that the AFL was too corrupt to go ahead and administer a fair punishment, or a combination of both.

Make no mistake, Essendon will carry the stigma of peptide abuse for years to come regardless of what happens to the players. That I can promise you.

quoted for lols.

All this pre-emptive melting, I can't keep up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good question
The ADRVP can be completely bypassed if the players and ASADA agree, just as they did in the NRL case. The ADRVP in the NRL case never convened to consider it. Same can happen here. If the players and ASADA agree to bypass the ADRVP who would complain?

Will be funny if they don't even bother prosecuting.

are you referring to the AFL itself? (Dillon)
many on this board may not understand that that remains a possibility, although it would cause quite a stir, and you'd think ASADA would have to appeal such a decision to CAS
but
if the AFL legal counsel viewed it and disagreed with the ADRV Panel, my reading of the AFL code is that they appear to have that right

Okay. Not impossible. But can they explain the side effects? Really hard for any of us to guess without seeing the evidence. Also, the briefs are all tailored to individuals so that strategy might not work.

Because they have flimsy circumstantial evidence that 26 vials of TB4 were at the club. There is no proof. There is proof of thymomodulin. All players who said that "thymosin rang a bell" or signed consent forms that have "peptide thymosin" on it have a show cause letter.

Side effects from peptides? I don't think there is anything to worry about that. However, if you get your peptides in red meat you can develop colon cancer if you have too much.

Sad really that supporters of this club still prefer the approach of you can't prove what we did than proving they were truly innocent. :rolleyes:

Sad really that the majority of other supporters on this board want the players suspended for 2 years without conclusive evidence of doping. Hypocrisy much?

The ADRVP can be completely bypassed if the players and ASADA agree, just as they did in the NRL case. The ADRVP in the NRL case never convened to consider it. Same can happen here. If the players and ASADA agree to bypass the ADRVP who would complain?

ok, so you're saying that if ASADA agree, it all goes directly to the AFL issuing infraction notices, and leaves the ADRV Panel out of it completely (that is, assuming the AFL is satisfied that infraction ntoices are warranted)

are you referring to the AFL itself? (Dillon)
many on this board may not understand that that remains a possibility, although it would cause quite a stir, and you'd think ASADA would have to appeal such a decision to CAS
but
if the AFL legal counsel viewed it and disagreed with the ADRV Panel, my reading of the AFL code is that they appear to have that right

I'm saying that the AFL could look at ASADA's brief and just decide it's a waste of time. ASADA could essentially agree with that by taking it no further.

Because they have flimsy circumstantial evidence that 26 vials of TB4 were at the club. There is no proof. There is proof of thymomodulin. All players who said that "thymosin rang a bell" or signed consent forms that have "peptide thymosin" on it have a show cause letter.

Side effects from peptides? I don't think there is anything to worry about that. However, if you get your peptides in red meat you can develop colon cancer if you have too much.

it's a worry that there are many footballers out there eating copious amounts of red meat

How do you know what the evidence says if you don't kind me asking? Posters on both sides seem sure about what it is. How?

I'm saying that the AFL could look at ASADA's brief and just decide it's a waste of time. ASADA could essentially agree with that by taking it no further.

that would be an interesting development, but the AFL would cop a fair bit of flak, given the publicity that has done the rounds over the last 21 months (much of it actually generated by the AFL itself)

Um, those making the claim have to prove it. Essendon have put forward its claim that it was all legal. Seems far more credible than Dank on one occasion getting a different batch of thymosin, don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back