Saga should be over soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asadas key witnesses are a convicted drug dealer and a dodgy pharmacist.
And what is your witness?

• A "rogue" scientist
  • An egomaniac coach who never saw a letter from the club doctor, but helped write it?
  • The football club that has no records of what was pumped into 34 players
  • Or the CEO that injects himself with tanning solution?
  • Or the chairman that tries to null all the evidence?
Sorry, I'm confused who is more credible

dude sorry, there's quite a lot wrong with that.

ASADA/WADA don't "only have to prove the possibility", that is only for the SCN and infraction stage. Once it hits the tribunal the AFL and ASADA must prove to a high level, not reasonable doubt but a high level nonetheless, that a specific player took a specific substance. If the tribunal doesn't find that then ASADA/WADA can appeal, but only on points of law

I think so many people have confused the case of Essendon players with that of athletes who have tested positive to a banned substance. Also the case of Marion Jones there was documentation of her taking a particular volume of a particular substance at a particular time. Then there was Armstrong who was dobbed in by many team mates on the exact same details as above. Not to mention the nurse.

This is a very different case to claiming that Dank was given one batch of TB4 ... that MAY have gotten to Essendon!!

ASADA/WADA don't "only have to prove the possibility", that is only for the SCN and infraction stage. Once it hits the tribunal the AFL and ASADA must prove to a high level, not reasonable doubt but a high level nonetheless, that a specific player took a specific substance. If the tribunal doesn't find that then ASADA/WADA can appeal, but only on points of law

Can you provide your source on that - because that's bullshit. Since these are not courts of law.

I think it is more the case that Dank, Hird, Reid and others are saying that doping didn't occur and there is a convicted crim on the other side. Especially when you look at what his evidence is. All his supplies to Dank could easily have been for his personal business.
OK then

Dank (?/Rogue and has form) Hird (EFC great/Self injector) Reid (Great doc/asleep at the wheel) versus Charters (bio-chemist/convicted crim). Levels it up a bit.

I couldn't think of a positive for Dank sorry.

The article must be wrong then. The below quote from the AFL players association says the AFL require a high standard of proof.

<<<
It is important to note that the onus of proving the allegations against the players that they were administered the prohibited substance Thymosin Beta 4, rests with the AFL. While ASADA is only required to demonstrate to the Anti-Doping Rule Violation Panel a ‘possibility’ of a violation, the much higher standard proof of ‘comfortable satisfaction’ is required to be proved by the AFL at the AFL Anti-Doping tribunal.
>>>>

Will it count of the salary cap? If not I'm sure the club and supporters would be in full support of that!!
There's no guarantee the players will win their court cases against Essendon, but the exciting thing is we might get the chance to hear what REALLY went on at the club in 2012 - since for the first time the players will have direct incentive to tell the truth.

I'm extremely confident we will get off without bans, The Essendon football club will be completely vindicated.

One possibility that I haven't seen exposed is that ASADA could now withdraw some or all of the SCNs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The article must be wrong then. The below quote from the AFL players association says the AFL require a high standard of proof.

<<<
It is important to note that the onus of proving the allegations against the players that they were administered the prohibited substance Thymosin Beta 4, rests with the AFL. While ASADA is only required to demonstrate to the Anti-Doping Rule Violation Panel a ‘possibility’ of a violation, the much higher standard proof of ‘comfortable satisfaction’ is required to be proved by the AFL at the AFL Anti-Doping tribunal.
>>>>
the article is completely correct. The ADRVP is not the tribunal. It is merely an oversight body that assess ASADAs brief of evidence and if they agree there has been a possible violation, enter the athletes on to the Register of Finding so that an infraction is issued. Once that's happened it goes to, you guessed it, the tribunal

I can't provide any comments specific to this thread.

But I reinstate my view, which is the view of most I think, that it will be great to find out if the players are guilty are not.
that comment is specific to this thread. I've made the same point myself. It is astounding that some on here, on the "asada barracker" side, have so much angst with this. It should be what everyone wants. No backroom deals, evidence tested, players either suspended under the code or cleared with no lingering stench

that comment is specific to this thread. I've made the same point myself. It is astounding that some on here, on the "asada barracker" side, have so much angst with this. It should be what everyone wants. No backroom deals, evidence tested, players either suspended under the code or cleared with no lingering stench
100% agree.

I'm extremely confident we will get off without bans, The Essendon football club will be completely vindicated.
No, not really. Essendon will remain the only team in VFL/AFL history to be banned from playing finals for dru....err "poor governance".

The only thing escaping bans will prove is that ASADA was unable to dig up enough evidence to prove your club's guilt, or that the AFL was too corrupt to go ahead and administer a fair punishment, or a combination of both.

Make no mistake, Essendon will carry the stigma of peptide abuse for years to come regardless of what happens to the players. That I can promise you.

interesting take on it. The only way a "lettuce leaf slap" can come is via a deal, not via a tribunal.

I'd say the players have clearly been given a "wink wink" that the evidence isn't going to hold up at the tribunal, like some of us have said for ages, and that they want to get it tested.

If they thought the evidence was strong the statement would be talking about approaching ASADA for deals. The writing is on the wall people.
Didn't "some" say for ages, that this would all be over quickly and in Essendons favor. Didn't some also say, that the court case as to the legality of the investigation would also end in Essendons favor.

Make no mistake, Essendon will carry the stigma of peptide abuse for years to come regardless of what happens to the players. That I can promise you.
sticker,375x360.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back