mad dog muir

Debutant
Jan 22, 2005
hamley bridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
sainters
I was wondering with our coaching position up in the air at the moment ,do people think we will be active in trade week and if so who do you think we will try to pickup?
I,m hoping for a experienced midfielder, tall ruckman and a big bodied defender.
Your opinions will be greatly appreciated!!:)

mad dog muir said:
I was wondering with our coaching position up in the air at the moment ,do people think we will be active in trade week and if so who do you think we will try to pickup?
I,m hoping for a experienced midfielder, tall ruckman and a big bodied defender.
Your opinions will be greatly appreciated!!:)

maybe a few hacks. See Gardiner and Beau McDonald

mad dog muir said:
I don't know what kind of midfielder you're hoping to get. What are you going to put on the table?

As for "a tall ruckman", Michael Gardiner is on offer and wouldn't cost much.

Not many gun defenders on the market at the moment.

sinepari said:
Gardiner isn't a hack. He's just a nutcase.
No he’s both. He is an injury riddled broken down hack with little to no trade value but a club will take a punt on him for sure.

evertonfc said:
Hopefully we put in a bid for Jason Johnson, but the deal must be heavily skewed in our favour for it to go through.

well in that case we will give you JJ and pick 2 for Barry Brooks...will that suffice you tool!!!

evertonfc said:
We should be chasing Malceski, Buchanon, Salopek, Troy and Adam Selwood.

Hopefully we put in a bid for Jason Johnson, but the deal must be heavily skewed in our favour for it to go through.
do you know something we dont? why would salopek be wanting to leave he is really growing into the star midfielder he should have, and is very comfortable in the team, but hey you can always dream

Lightning_Rod said:
do you know something we dont? why would salopek be wanting to leave he is really growing into the star midfielder he should have, and is very comfortable in the team, but hey you can always dream
Salopeks name gets linked to the Saints every trade period mostly because he is victorian and used to be a big Saints fan. However i think he will stay at Port for all the reasons you have mentioned above.

Funnily enough he was St Kilda bound with pick 3 in the 2002 draft before Carlton was stripped of its first two picks. He finally went to Port for pick 6 which was also originally St Kildas pick (traded for Barry Brooks). So you cant say we didnt have our chances :D

mad dog muir said:
That's the problem, everyone is just too picky. What is wrong with short ruckman? Carlton recruited Eddie Betts as a ruckman and he actually got a couple of hit outs this year. Don't underestimate the short people!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints trading?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back