SALADA/VladFL: Slap on the wrist. - STRICTLY ESSENDON SUPPORTERS ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon Ralph on Fox Footy preview pretty much thinks what we have all been saying all along

That there is more to the story hence why no official word has come from ASADA

Let's see if the fish bite the bait and start coming around to the facts

Is this the same Jon Ralph that sentenced Essendon to death last night after the game? The same moron that said EFC are guilty and 20 players are going to be rubbed out because WADA said this and that about S0? What a backflip

I think that would only effect the "Not to make top 8" market rather then the "To make top 8 market" they arent necessarily correlating if that makes sense.
The odds have to be balanced or punters make a mint on arbitrage, and as such a plunge on one will impact both.

Jon Ralph on Fox Footy preview pretty much thinks what we have all been saying all along

That there is more to the story hence why no official word has come from ASADA

Let's see if the fish bite the bait and start coming around to the facts

If history shows us anything, Jon Ralph has NFI, as much as I'd like to believe him in this case.

If history shows us anything, Jon Ralph has NFI, as much as I'd like to believe him in this case.

I agree, but the public are like sheep

they will eat and believe what the media feed them and if one begins to believe nothing will manifest from the investigations, then perhaps, maybe, just maybe people will ease off and actually believe what Essendon are saying.

Supposedly Essendon has gone from $1.17 to $1.75 in the last hour on betfair for top 8

They do this all the time. For a while early in the season they suspended betting on Essendon winning the spoon on and off for a fortnight just to generate interest. Wouldn't read into it too much.

Is this the same Jon Ralph that sentenced Essendon to death last night after the game? The same moron that said EFC are guilty and 20 players are going to be rubbed out because WADA said this and that about S0? What a backflip

I didn't see/hear that, but if he did say that, then disregard my initial post (re Jon Ralph)

If
This isn't technically true from a WADA perspective. It relates only to pharmacological substances, of which homeopathic/herbal/traditional medicines are not. They're more like taking some gum leaves and some essential oils and squirting some curry paste in there before shaking it up in an old jam jar... which is different to a substance created within the pharmacology discipline (e.g. mixing chemicals in a lab environment to create a less "natural" drug for a specific and regulated purpose.

I do have a different take on cwootton 's dilemma of "allowed vs. approved", though.

The current problem is that the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 says that substances created in compounding pharmacies are exempt from requiring registration through the TGA's official drug registry. While this doesn't mean that exemption means approval by extension, it's also not the full story.

Ultimately, the drugs still do need to be approved, it's just that the "government regulatory body" mentioned in WADA's code isn't actually the TGA. One reading of it is that The Act actually delegates the approval mechanism to someone else. Think of it like laws at Federal, State and Local levels. Local councils still have rules, but they just make their own, because the Federal and State governments delegate their authority to them to deal with more minor, local issues. So essentially, the approval passes through the TGA and onto a sub authority.

The question becomes "If the TGA doesn't approve the substances, then who does?". In this scenario, my reading of it is that the authority to approve is delegated to state pharmacy boards, and is supported by this link:

http://www.australianprescriber.com/magazine/31/2/30/1#.UX4uXmL6Sf8

"Professional practice is governed by pharmacy boards in each state or territory."

"The Pharmaceutical Society of Australia has developed Professional Practice Standards for compounding as well as a specific compounding chapter in the Australian Pharmaceutical Formulary and Handbook. The TGA is currently working with pharmacy professional bodies and health departments to review and improve compounding standards in Australia."

So in a way, the Pharmaceutical Society of Australia sets the standards and the Victorian Pharmacy Authority would enforce them, I guess.

Have a look at a sample of the following Handbook. Unfortunately, the full version costs a couple of hundred bucks :(

http://www.psa.org.au/download/shop/apf21-sample-pages.pdf

Basically, if AOD9604 is listed in this handbook, and I assume it would be if the rumoured pharmacy, Como Compounding Pharmacy, prepared the substance for Dank, then essentially a much stronger argument could be made that the drug is actually approved for use by the delegated government regulatory health authority - The Pharmaceutical Society of Australia.

I haven't heard anyone present this argument so I haven't really tested or tried to poke holes in it, but it's certainly worth consideration in my view.

Interested in cwootton 's thoughts.
If an MD can prescribe something, it's a pretty strong inference that it is therefore approved for human use. This leaves the issue of whether it is approved for "therapeutic use" if it is considered to have therapeutic properties then it follows that it must be approved for therapeutic use, if it isn't considered to have therapeutic properties thennyounhave to ask why WADA or ASADA have any interest in it.

If
If an MD can prescribe something, it's a pretty strong inference that it is therefore approved for human use. This leaves the issue of whether it is approved for "therapeutic use" if it is considered to have therapeutic properties then it follows that it must be approved for therapeutic use, if it isn't considered to have therapeutic properties thennyounhave to ask why WADA or ASADA have any interest in it.

Well that's why they say it's for human safety reasons, although it's pretty obvious reading between the lines that S0 is just covering their asses from any new drugs with PED properties. Which is a necessary function, but it seems dumb when something essentially inert like AOD results in massive bans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club has shut up shop, Jobe said too much on monday, they aren't going to say anything at all from now on.

I wouldnt read anything into what Tim says now..

Fair ******* crack of the whip, posts like this should be cardable. Don't just hint at something and not actually say what it is.

chill dude. i'm not here to start an argument. I'm saying his comments tonight didn't fill me with the same level of confidence that his comments on SEN the other day did. May mean nothing though

chill dude. i'm not here to start an argument. I'm saying his comments tonight didn't fill me with the same level of confidence that his comments on SEN the other day did. May mean nothing though
I know you weren't starting an argument, it's just really frustrating when people hint at or mention something new they've heard without actually saying what it was.

am i the only one watching the footy? haha. I don't imagine it would be on youtube yet...

I think after the clip they showed of Jobes week including his emotions last night, it nearly had his dad in tears on national tv. I think that threw him a bit during the interview with his answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back