SALADA/VladFL: Slap on the wrist. - STRICTLY ESSENDON SUPPORTERS ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

BADNEWSFLASH: The EFC Supplements Supplements Crisis Live Update is ending :(

3:20pm: Hi all, we'll be closing off our live blog now, but will swing back into action should there be any word from the AFL or Essendon about an announcement.

In the meantime, keep an eye on The Age home page, follow us on Twitter theage and @theagesport, or go to our full AFL coverage at Real Footy website for the latest updates.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ive-updates-20130813-2rt12.html#ixzz2bpEBcx3z

Good to know, they're out there, watching, waiting, protecting us.......

BADNEWSFLASH: The EFC Supplements Supplements Crisis Live Update is ending :(

3:20pm: Hi all, we'll be closing off our live blog now, but will swing back into action should there be any word from the AFL or Essendon about an announcement.

In the meantime, keep an eye on The Age home page, follow us on Twitter theage and @theagesport, or go to our full AFL coverage at Real Footy website for the latest updates.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ive-updates-20130813-2rt12.html#ixzz2bpEBcx3z

Good to know, they're out there, watching, waiting, protecting us.......

The Age are the hero Essendon deserve, but not the one it needs right now.

Oooh!

Another lima bean that looks like James Hird!

800px-NCI_lima_beans.jpg

The HTB thread about the fact that the boys trained in their junior jumpers today has actually made it to 5 pages.

5 BLOODY PAGES!!! WTF?!

Must have been a right fap frenzy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some football facebook page:

3.39pm: Damian Barrett said today the announcement has been delayed because it has now gone to a negotiated outcome between the Bombers and the AFL (or more specifically, their lawyers) rather than charges and a penalty to come later.

This would mean lawyers of both sides are heavily involved. Damo doesn't expect to see a resolution today.

The HTB thread about the fact that the boys trained in their junior jumpers today has actually made it to 5 pages.

Boys should have all pulled on the number 5. and then run laps with hird masks on just to appease Stevo's theory

On a silver lining to a bad day - McBurney will retire at the end of the year. No more screwing us, and no more headstarts for collingwood

Now that is worthy of making a second post since 2008 for!

Some football facebook page:

3.39pm: Damian Barrett said today the announcement has been delayed because it has now gone to a negotiated outcome between the Bombers and the AFL (or more specifically, their lawyers) rather than charges and a penalty to come later.

This would mean lawyers of both sides are heavily involved. Damo doesn't expect to see a resolution today.
Unless it's negotiated to us only receiving a fine, I want EFC to tell them GAGF.

This delay is good.
I don't doubt that the AFL had scheduled a 9.00am press conference to announce charges.
The fact that it has been delayed means someone blinked.
Was it EFC or the AFL?
I'm tipping it was the AFL, and if so, it can only mean one thing - they really, really don't want to lay charges unless we are willing to plead guilty to them.

Once charges are announced, there is no room left for a negotiated outcome. The AFL can't be seen to charge Hird, Reid and Corcoran with BTGID, then after EFC make a submission, find them not guilty. Charged = guilty, under the AFL mentality. They have baulked at laying the charges because they know if they don't get a guilty plea, the penalties will be challenged in court.

It has been a giant game of bluff. AFL - if you don't agree to the charges and to plead guilty, we will go harder (points loss). If you agree to plead guilty, no points loss. EFC - no thanks, see you in court.

If they have weakened at the last minute, how far can we push them? What would we accept? And is it something the AFL could live with?

I personally wouldn't accept anything less than no points loss, no draft picks loss, no Hird, Reid, Thompson sanctions of any kind, accept a large fine, Danny Corcoran as the sacrificial lamb. I doubt that the AFL could live with this though, and would see it as a massive loss of face. Outcome TBA.

I don't think that either party thinks we could win a court case against BTGID sanctions, no matter how severe. But the biggest bargaining chip in the court challenge scenario is the disclosure that would be required by the AFL if all records were subpoenaed.

I think we should be pushing for a full pardon and apology, a priority pick and Andy Demetriou to be the mascot for the remaining matches of 2013. Otherwise we go to court and he loses his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back