SALADA/VladFL: Slap on the wrist. - STRICTLY ESSENDON SUPPORTERS ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice idea, however any thread created that shows Essendon in any sort of positive light is deleted toot sweet (yes, got my dose of BB last night:)), or at least has been today
Agree. It was a tongue and cheek post.

Just a heads up, check out the latest edition of the BigFooty Essendon Podcast where I'm joined by Doss and Hirdismyhero as we discuss yesterday's charges and what could happen from here. This episode should also be available to download from iTunes as soon as Chief puts it up. In the mean time, you can subscribe here for episodes as they come out.

Enjoy!

In an effort to upstage last night's hastily scheduled 'The Decision' panel show, Prosecutor, Doss and Hirdismyhero dissect the latest news in the supplement scandal, as the AFL hand down charges to the Essendon Football Club, James Hird, Mark Thompson, Danny Corcoran and Dr Bruce Reid. All that and more on this edition of the BigFooty Essendon Podcast.​

Daniel Harford is convinced the players sanctions will come after the afl commission - quote, "that's how I read it".

Harf a brain perhaps? It was clearly indicated by AFL that current evidence tabled in ASADA report finds no breaches of anti doping code. Any further evidence against players could but that is no different to the 100s of other players in competition.

Daniel Harford is convinced the players sanctions will come after the afl commission - quote, "that's how I read it".

Do any of these idiots think?

If the players were sanctioned then Hird and co would be walked out the door in any case. The AFL would know this.

So why would the AFL take the risk of having the Essendon officials charges go to Court when by just sanctioning the players the risk of any court challenge is taken out of their hands?

Do the general public get to see these 20 or so points relating to charges? Or is that only reserved for Demetriou's travel mates like Eddie?
Not sure why the detail hasn't been made public.

As far as I'm concerned, the charges have no validity until / unless the detail is made public - it's like being charged with murder, but not being told who you're alleged to have murdered, where, when or how.

The club will definitely get the detail soon if they haven't already got it - to not provide the detail to the club would just make life even easier for our lawyers.

Who was the first bloke to crack an egg cook it and eat it? When you think about it in context that could be seen as experimental eating a reproductive cell (egg) but we all do it on a daily basis now.
I actually like this entire post completely taken out of context, perhaps even spoken out loud accidentally by a news reporter discussing fiscal policy on free-to-air TV.
Eggs?

If the players were sanctioned then Hird and co would be walked out the door in any case.
It's not quite that simple - there are valid scenarios where players get sanctioned and Hird and co don't get (or deserve)the boot.

What if we received incorrect advice from ASADA ? What if a 'rogue element' in the club gave players substances clearly outside of the parameters set for the supplements program ? What if players were only given a prohibited substance because of a stuff-up that wasn't Hird's fault ? etc.

quality

https://soundcloud.com/774-abc-melbourne/gerard-whateley-essendon

Whateley talking to Red Symons.

Key point brought up, paraphrasing, around 4m in:

Whateley "no, this wasn't a rogue announcement by the AFL. All parties are working together. There is no case for the players and unless more evidence comes to light, the players are in the clear"

and

"there will never be infraction notices against players on AOD"

You can listen yourself.

quality

Whateley "no, this wasn't a rogue announcement by the AFL. All parties are working together. There is no case for the players and unless more evidence comes to light, the players are in the clear"

and

You can listen yourself.

Whateley should be arguing that ASADA should cop some wrath, honestly.

And yes, a serious lawlerskating to be had at the suggestion that the AFL are just doing this on their Pat Malone and have nothing to do with ASADA's findings.

So when it was announced that Ziggy would be doing a self-report for us everyone says it's a good thing, we're on the front foot, we're displaying transparency.

Now that it's damning (ie. Pharmocologically experimental environment) it has no weight, it's not relevant etc.

Come on lads, we can't have it both ways.

The report is credible, he may not be a sports scientist, but he had others working with him on the report. The report was about inner governance and diligence also. We shouldn't be going back on it.

The report has weight as far as governance issues are concerned. It cannot be an assessment of the integrity of the supplements program as he is not qualified to give the assessment. If his pharmacological experiment line is taken from the report of the relevant expert it would have weight but, then, you'd think he would have cited a reference for it if was (even if the other report was never going to see the light of day).

It's not quite that simple - there are valid scenarios where players get sanctioned and Hird and co don't get (or deserve)the boot.

What if we received incorrect advice from ASADA ? What if a 'rogue element' in the club gave players substances clearly outside of the parameters set for the supplements program ? What if players were only given a prohibited substance because of a stuff-up that wasn't Hird's fault ? etc.
A lot of what if's there, careful - Ralph like!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The report has weight as far as governance issues are concerned. It cannot be an assessment of the integrity of the supplements program as he is not qualified to give the assessment. If his pharmacological experiment line is taken from the report of the relevant expert it would have weight but, then, you'd think he would have cited a reference for it if was (even if the other report was never going to see the light of day).

I agree that he probably isn't the most suitable candidate to report on supplements and pharmacy related matters, but I think the fact that a substance(s) is not approved for human use, the right people weren't kept in the loop and it wasnt as "above-board" as it should have been, would be quite apparent to anyone - irrespective of their profession.

I honestly believe that there wasn't any deliberate cheating, or cheating at all for that matter. I just think we need to honor the report, it's glaring but it's honest. Honesty is the best thing for our club right now, the more transparent and above-board we can be, the less likely it is that a similar disaster will ever occur.

Th
quality

and

You can listen yourself.
thanks for posting that, fatprick got me worried this morning

Yes, John Reid was charged (and later found guilty) well after he'd left Adelaide.

So, there is clearly precedent that non-employees can be charged, yet Dank, Robinson, Hamilton, Evans and Robson have NOT been charged.

It is truly remarkable that all of these fine people who had no blame whatsoever have left the club, and all of the people who did wrong are still there, isn't it! Truly remarkable... :rolleyes:

My only response is that you can hardly charge 10 people - Although it seems that the AFL have drawn the names out of a hat.

I agree that he probably isn't the most suitable candidate to report on supplements and pharmacy related matters, but I think the fact that a substance(s) is not approved for human use, the right people weren't kept in the loop and it wasnt as "above-board" as it should have been, would be quite apparent to anyone - irrespective of their profession.

I honestly believe that there wasn't any deliberate cheating, or cheating at all for that matter. I just think we need to honor the report, it's glaring but it's honest. Honesty is the best thing for our club right now, the more transparent and above-board we can be, the less likely it is that a similar disaster will ever occur.

And we do honour the report but I am almost certain that the club is not going to be persuaded by the the line. It is damaging, undefined and speaks to matters that the author can't properly understand. The report cost people their jobs, so it is not like we are even being selective. It's just that the report was commissioned for a purpose and it would be inappropriate to extend the use of the report beyond that purpose.

....or the threat of future, possible,potential, maybe..player sanctions is helb back as leverage for upcoming negotiations etc

Listen to Daytripper.

Hird and Co will walk the day players are issued with infraction notices - This is cut and dry.

And don't deflect from the idiots working in the media.

Why not? Not being a smartarse, I'm genuinely curious.
Of course you can charge 10 people.

But it might be - stop me if you've heard this before - a 'bad look' for the AFL. As if you were just firing your shotgun generally at everyone and hoping to hit some targets, any targets.

And we all know how much the AFL hates bad looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back