SALADA/VladFL: Slap on the wrist. - STRICTLY ESSENDON SUPPORTERS ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The media does not equal fact, would you not agree? I have not decided this, it is well known that what the media reports is not always fact.

Media don't always get the facts right. But they usually do and so many have been covering this story that major errors would have been torn and mocked by now. Unless there's a super streak of Scott Templetons covering this they're not bullshitting.

Do you often disregard bad news?

The word early in the piece (and Rines may be able to clarify) was that the governance/management structures in the club meant that there were two management streams that the high performance area supposedly came under, neither of which realised (or cared?) that they were managing this area. It appeared that the high performance guys realised that there was no chain of command that operated effectively above them and developed an increasing degree of autonomy, so by the time the shit hit the fan, they'd been operating well outside the remit given to them by Hird in the first place.

As one eyed as I am even I can see that there were management issues. This would not be a cluster*** had we been diligent in the way we went about it.

However

I cannot fathom how the AFL can not suspend the players but then penalise the officials.
And while we are at it, Hird is a coach, not a football operations manager (Corcoran yeah?), or a President (Little,Evans) let alone the CEO (Robson) of our great football club.

You may be able to apply penalties to people in that area (Bruce Reid) however they need to be proven ("Dr.Reid may have not had any knowledge of supplements program throughout 2011/12 season").

The AFL are about to undo the whole saga through there very own "misconduct unbecoming to the game".

Essendon have realised they have stuffed up and now we want it out in the open, best thing they could do and show to everyone how ******* stupid they are. Time to tell the AFL 'you got served'.

Media don't always get the facts right. But they usually do and so many have been covering this story that major errors would have been torn and mocked by now. Unless there's a super streak of Scott Templetons covering this they're not bullshitting.

And such is the need/want for people on BigFooty to supply sauces.

Do you think you actually made a point with your "usually" comment... ?

Its very clear to many on this topic the media play a battleship tactic of firing off missiles blindly with a full payload... A missile misses so they load another grey area missile and fire it again... I'm not sure what you think you are trying to prove but personally I only see you as an antagonist looking for attention yourself...

Personally, I like the last time Caro went ham. Worked out real well for the Gold Coast Kangeroos.

Say that again

With Caro's article yesterday (about Hird supposedly refusing the offer to 'save' his colleagues), if she's close to the AFL, why would she have written the article in the first place ?

If you believe it, all that article does is make the AFL look vindictive and unprofessional, and it undermines the credibility of the charges against Bomber, Reid and Corcoran.

That wasn't the intent though. The intent was to make Hird look like a selfish prick who put his own ego ahead of his mates career.

That is the agenda of the AFL/Caro line, Hird is sacrificing EFC for his own good. She actually let slip in FC, when she wait Hird is trying to drag EFC down with him (Lloyd tried to get her to clarify why would Hird want to drag down EFC, but the discussion moved on and she didnt respond).

Both sides of the football media are being utilised now as blatant agenda-propulsion engines. The direct line from AFL house to Fairfax has been established for years, as has the EFC-to-Robinson line.

Personally speaking, everything is to be taken with a grain of salt with the exception of pure unfiltered testimony which is corroborated by a myriad of disparate sources. That the AFL itself have only their catch-all rule to fall back on, on top of ASADA's catch-all rule being the one in question means the issue is clearly up for debate. These are "vibe" rulings, we are yet to have done anything wrong. We may well have done something terribly wrong, but we as the public are yet to be presented with any cold hard evidence of this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What has Hird done to make you not trust his word and at least give him the chance to fully divulge his side? You have two choices until the facts are made public. Either you believe the agenda-driven journalists using distorted language to sell a paper or you back the club's position which is based on info yet to come to light (even our beloved Fletch said they know more than what is out there).
As a true supporter I thought you'd take the loyal option.
And as Jab says, if it is shown that they deserve the harsh penalties proposed then it is what it is and I will accept it. The best way to get through all of this if an injustice is taking place is for all of us to stick thick and support the club in an united fashion because this is what has got the AFL and the media a little jumpy. They ain't used to this amazing loyal defiance of suspect rule such as BTGID.

Look on the HBT, most have bought it
They would believe anything on there.

They are so desperate for us to be found guilty irrespective of the outcome.

If offered a choice of guilty and punished, or innocent and not charged, thewy would choose the former simply becasue we would suffer.

In other words, they want/need to believe we are guilty to give them some little joy in their pathetic lives. I would prefer the comp to be clean myslef and every test come back neagtive i.e. no one is cheating.

Apparently the mystery substance came from New Mexico ( which is a state of the USA ) which borders Mexico.

And the Admiral is trying to convince us, that we should believe everything we read in the media.
That explains this then...

ljSEvzW.jpg

Look on the HBT, most have bought it
That doesn't surprise me.

I avoid the HTB like the plague these days - it's just not worth visiting for me.

Anyway, even if you (not you specifically, 'you' generally) 'buy' into the anti-Hird sentiment in the article, it still paints a very disturbing picture of improper behaviour by the AFL, which would surely call into question the validity of the current charges.

look, the majority aren't even scum, scum is reserved for Caro and one of Baker/McKenzie (the one that was found guilty of hacking databases).

Guys like Damo, Sedat, Senor eyebrows, Sam Lane, and the like are just not good at their jobs, and showing that they're completely out of their depth and lack the critical thinking skills to question the official AFL party line.

Take Sam Lane for example, on the eve of the granny last year she wrote an article lauding Hawthorn's use of enriched blood injections. Now they're not illegal (infact i think you'll find at least one essendon player has used them at one stage in the post Knights era), they're cutting edge methods designed to get blokes fit and firing faster.

Less than a year later she's writing articles and doing tv appearances condemning a club for using legal, cutting edge methods to get blokes fit and firing faster, See the problem?

I'm not so sure about that - I have a copy of the AFL's 2010 anti doping policy and it specifically lists blood spinning (injections of blood plasma) under the S2 category. I don't blame riewoldt and other players for doing it as apparently the AFL and ASADA ticked off on it but under the AFL rules as they were in 2010 it was prohibited. The rule may have changed but wouldn't be surprised if its another AFL/ASADA governance issue

Has a Bachelor of Commerce and a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Melbourne and a post-graduate diploma in Applied Finance and Investment from the Securities Institute of Australia. Undertook Articled Clerkship at Corrs Chambers Westgarth in 1994 and was subsequently employed as a solicitor in Corrs' Commercial Division. From October 1997 to August 2000, worked as in-house legal counsel at Village Roadshow Limited. Joined the AFL in August 2000 as Legal Counsel and was appointed General Manager - Legal and Business Affairs in July

Dillon worked at Village Roadshow? Wow - when he gets the arse from AFL he can go and assist the production of the upcoming movie "The Fridge"

What has Hird done to make you not trust his word and at least give him the chance to fully divulge his side? You have two choices until the facts are made public. Either you believe the agenda-driven journalists using distorted language to sell a paper or you back the club's position which is based on info yet to come to light (even our beloved Fletch said they know more than what is out there).
As a true supporter I thought you'd take the loyal option.
And as Jab says, if it is shown that they deserve the harsh penalties proposed then it is what it is and I will accept it. The best way to get through all of this if an injustice is taking place is for all of us to stick thick and support the club in an united fashion because this is what has got the AFL and the media a little jumpy. They ain't used to this amazing loyal defiance of suspect rule such as BTGID.

This, this and this.

Until then I back my club with all that I've got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back