Salary Cap Punishment

Remove this Banner Ad

dr nick

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2002
Dee Why, NSW
AFL Club
Sydney
what do you think should happen to the bulldogs if these allegations are proved true. keep in mind that whilst souths were chasing anasta and trindall, little wonder they didnt want come home, how could souths offer someone $450,000 and remain under the cap?

trivia question: when was the last time the bulldogs were threatened with expulsion from the competition and for what?

My hunch is the bulldogs didn't break the salary cap, at least by as much as has been reported.

Obviously I'm not basing my opinion on any factual evidence, only that the allegations involve very large payments to several players, meaning conspiracy all the larger.

Still I suppose if you are going to cheat then you my as well cheat big.

However if they did they break the cap to the extent they are reported to have done, they should be relegated to outright last this season.

Next year the club should be put into administration, akin to a company being put into receivership, senior management should be fired, and banned, and replaced by the NRL. I would of suggested an outside accountancy firm should be hired to run the Club, but it is prolly best the money involved should stay within 'rugby league'.

The primary aim of the new administration must be to systematically reduce the Clubs salary obligations to below the salary cap.

Assuming this is achieved, at the end of the 2003 season the Bulldogs are billed by the NRL for ALL expenses incurred, and the paid financial members can then re-elect a board for the following season.

well south's strict adherence to remaining in the black, as well as under the salary cap led to their two year exile from the competition. i cant think of any reason why the bulldogs should not have to undergo the same sort of thing if this is proved to be true.

i noticed that Anasta said that the story was a load of crap, saying that he's got nothing to hide and the bulldogs have done nothing wrong.

firstly, how is he to know that the bulldogs have done anything wrong or not? unless he is privy to every players income from the club as well as sponsorship arrangements, he cannot comment about the bulldogs either way.

it is true that if anasta really is receiving the money from the club as well as from the leagues club, he would just naturally think that the bulldogs must be paying the others less but still remaining under the cap. Notice how he's gone quiet since the herald revealed on sunday that the bulldogs have shown figures that they are paying $205,000 to Anasta. Anasta must know how much he personally is getting.

i must make it clear that i am not blaming the players for this. if it is true, anasta would just be told he is on 450k and he wouldnt know where the money originates from.

either he is getting the $205,000 from the bulldogs or nothing more (in which case he is just remaining quiet for i don't know what reason), or he is getting $450,000 and realises that the bulldogs will be in for some strife, and thus keeping quiet for that reason.

the only players that would know if this scandal is true or not are the ones getting under the carpet money. they look at their quoted yearly pay packet that the dogs promised them, then compare it to what the bulldogs have told the NRL they are getting.

Originally posted by Dr Zaius
I think the death penalty should have been included in the above options, followed by erasing the name of the club from all records and making it illegal to mention the name.

Iwou;d have thought that expolsion would been fine. But the Doctors comments have some merit.

KILL THE BASTARDS!!!!!!!

I want to try and be fair on this one

If I was in charge I would take away 4 points from their ladder position, fine them the maximum under the guidelines for cap breaching and not let them play in the final series for this year.

The problem we have here, is what if another club has done the same thing and they get to play in the finals?

We also have to think of their supporters and the competition as a whole.....so I think my suggestion is a fair one.

Re: I want to try and be fair on this one

Originally posted by Ms.Storm
If I was in charge I would take away 4 points from their ladder position, fine them the maximum under the guidelines for cap breaching and not let them play in the final series for this year.

The problem we have here, is what if another club has done the same thing and they get to play in the finals?

We also have to think of their supporters and the competition as a whole.....so I think my suggestion is a fair one.

then where is the relevence of taking away four points?

Re: I want to try and be fair on this one

I agree about the Bulldogs supporters Ms. Storm. They have done nothing wrong and it would be a shame if they could not continue supporting their side.

But, I think of the other clubs that have not rorted the system and who have lost premiership points to a team that has been cheating. The other 14 teams and their supporters are the real victims IMO and I think that the Bulldogs should be expelled from competing for the rest of the season.

Re: Re: I want to try and be fair on this one

Originally posted by nicko18

then where is the relevence of taking away four points?

Nicho....
As usual, did not re-read my post...I mean all points.....but somehow typed in 4.

Cheers......and thanks for picking up on my error.....oh, its a joy, having someone like you around to keep me on my toes:) :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Re: Re: I want to try and be fair on this one

Cheers......and thanks for picking up on my error.....oh, its a joy, having someone like you around to keep me on my toes:) :D

hope there's not a strong undercurrent of sarcasm here, like i suspect there might be ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Salary Cap Punishment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back