Player Watch Sam Berry

Remove this Banner Ad

Could this guy be our Touk Miller?

Could this guy be our Touk Miller?

What about Steele? He loves a hug

Was hoping he would get the record for tackles in a game given how he was tracking at half time on the weekend, can't complain that his teammate took the honours.

I'm a huge fan of Berry. Already elite defensively, hopefully he can now build on the offensive side to his game.

Was hoping he would get the record for tackles in a game given how he was tracking at half time on the weekend, can't complain that his teammate took the honours.

I'm a huge fan of Berry. Already elite defensively, hopefully he can now build on the offensive side to his game.
His speed out of stoppages has improved the last half of the eason

I haven't seen such an impressive quarter from a young crows midfielder probably since dangerfield.

He dominated that 2nd quarter.
Yeah I was thinking then “this kid is playing like he’s possessed!” If he can bring that consistent kind of attack on body/ball for the entire game, he has the potential to become elite.

That quarter you mentioned was a quarter even an elite midfielder would be proud of having.

You asked, He delivered

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute animal. This bloke will be an AFL benchmark for tackling for the next 10 years, can't recall a junior who put up such good numbers in tackling to then bring that to AFL level in their 2nd year and lead the comp. And offering a lot offensively as well. I wish all our blokes would hunt like he does.

Absolute animal. This bloke will be an AFL benchmark for tackling for the next 10 years, can't recall a junior who put up such good numbers in tackling to then bring that to AFL level in their 2nd year and lead the comp. And offering a lot offensively as well. I wish all our blokes would hunt like he does.
Newcombe?

Good chance he’s averaging over 10 tackles a game by season’s end. Has anyone ever done that before?

Im pretty certain his 40 pressure acts tonight moves him above Rowell to be the highest averaging pressure act player in the comp. Clear first for tackles per game and battling with Laird for total tackles. These defensive traits are great building blocks for the future but hes also shown some good attacking play aswell. His second quarter against the Swans was imo a sign of things to come, backing himself in to break tackles, working back to help defence but also sneaking forward for a couple of goals.

Interestingly his time on ground the last three weeks is around the 80%, prior to that its been around the 70% mark. I kinda had him pigeon holed as just a contested player, but Ive been pleasantly surprised how much hes improved this year and theres still plenty of growth left imo. A big pre season and I think we'll see him truly breakout.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back