Sam Iles

Remove this Banner Ad

I've only watched the first half, as I'm trying not to get spoiled for the live scores, but already this is Sam Iles' best game of his career by miles.

Great to see him get an opportunity and take it by the scruff of the neck.

P.S. Dale Thomas' first quarter was unbelievable, and for anyone (particularly Carlton supporters) who reckon he's soft, refer to the 2nd quarter, 9 mins on the clock, for Thomas not shirking a contest with Stephen Milne. ;)

I don't know why he gets bagged to be honest. Played about 10 games and they want him to go at the end of the year. He played a solid game today even though he made a few mistakes that happens because he is young and it was a very wet day.

Was very good Sammy today.

Used the ball well & showed poise, promising performance :thumbsu:

Will keep his spot next week without doubt on that effort!

Made a few errors, but he showed great endeavour and set up some nice plays. I think he's the kind of player that doesn't have an outstanding attribute, but is just a good overall player. Just needs some time in the big time to show his value.

Match stats of 19 possies, 4 marks and 4 tackles is a good output.

Was very solid today despite still needing a lot of work on skills and cleaness with the ball. He should slot into Licuria's spot soon enough, Lica is done.

Was very solid today despite still needing a lot of work on skills and cleaness with the ball. He should slot into Licuria's spot soon enough, Lica is done.

what game were you watching?

Licca gave Montagna a bath, he is not done, he is not in Copeland medal winning form but he was amongst the best today!!

Iles' skills were today and are fantastic!! He was very calm under pressure and clean hands iin the clinches! his best game yet.

what game were you watching?

Licca gave Montagna a bath, he is not done, he is not in Copeland medal winning form but he was amongst the best today!!

Iles' skills were today and are fantastic!! He was very calm under pressure and clean hands iin the clinches! his best game yet.

Mr.Iles, I'm sure your son is a very nice boy, but he made several errors today in close. His skills are not "fantastic". Didak has fantastic skills. Clement has fantastic skills. Iles does not (nor is he the only one by any stretch). He played well today and I said as much, but needs to improve (as do most young players).
Licuria worked hard, he always does, but he has given away 5 or so free kicks in each of his matches since coming back in, and is WAY too slow for the style of footy we're playing.

Encouraging. Some good kicking and spotting teammates.

Still seems to do sub-VFL things from time to time though (eg. no awareness, sitting back off packs).

i think you will find that is where he is meant to be,
i know what your saying but dont you think Malthouse and co would have picked up on it before you did.

where are "Wake up Taz and Tarkyn 24" very quiet the two Iles baggers...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr.Iles, I'm sure your son is a very nice boy, but he made several errors today in close. His skills are not "fantastic". Didak has fantastic skills. Clement has fantastic skills. Iles does not (nor is he the only one by any stretch). He played well today and I said as much, but needs to improve (as do most young players).
Licuria worked hard, he always does, but he has given away 5 or so free kicks in each of his matches since coming back in, and is WAY too slow for the style of footy we're playing.
I felt that his disposal was exceptional today.

I'd be surprised if his disposal effectiveness was anything under 80%.

Encouraging. Some good kicking and spotting teammates.

Still seems to do sub-VFL things from time to time though (eg. no awareness, sitting back off packs).

Yep, the awareness thing stood out early as a concern.

Think it was the speed of the game that found him out a couple times,transition from VFL TO AFL.

But, overall I was wrapped with the way he played :thumbsu:

Started pretty slowly bu adapted pretty well. On channel ten Michael Voss gave him a huge wrap for his "decision making" and "composure".

Not bad to get that from a former legend, keep it up Sammy

makes blunders,lacks awareness but never gives up and keeps his chin up
one of those players that if you persist with i think will end up being a very solid footballer

Had a good game. His disposal has improved out of sight, it is very very tidy now, it used to be shocking.

Good vision, especially when trying to quickly find good long targets by foot quickly but doesn't have composure needed in the backline at this stage. I'd rather see him as a winger or even a tagger.

Had a good game. His disposal has improved out of sight, it is very very tidy now, it used to be shocking.

Good vision, especially when trying to quickly find good long targets by foot quickly but doesn't have composure needed in the backline at this stage. I'd rather see him as a winger or even a tagger.

Agree on the vision. That was the thing that stood out for me today. He was able to spot players in space that alot of other guys wouldn't have seen. His disposal to them was pretty good too.

Did lack awareness on a couple of occasions but overall he played a great game today. Just another youngster to add to the impressive list.

I thought he was very tidy with his skills all day as well, even vossy complimented him on his use of the ball.

But others are saying he had a shocker, ill have to watch the replay again i think.

Started pretty slowly bu adapted pretty well. On channel ten Michael Voss gave him a huge wrap for his "decision making" and "composure".

Not bad to get that from a former legend, keep it up Sammy

Was it just me or is Michael Voss the most anti-Collingwood commentator in the game. Some of his comments today were ridiculous. Before the game he didn't mention Collingwood and when one of the other commentators tried to steer the conversation in that direction he gave it a one sentence answer and then back to the Saints!

And during the game he could barely hide his support for the Saints, he even yelled "ball" at one stage when Burns was being tackled. I didn't mind Voss as a commentator until I watched today's game.

Very, very poor effort.:thumbsdown: I look forward to him destroying his career aspirations by taking the Carlton job next year.

Have to agree on that, he makes Robert Walls look bipartisan. Aside from the Goldsack decision (hailed as the "worst decision of the year" by Michael Christian and Andrew Maher) he was in full agreement with every free paid against us. :thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Iles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back