Sam Landsberger tragedy

Remove this Banner Ad

First post. May well be last post.
Sammy is a huge loss the sport reporting landscape. And not just footy. An old-fashioned newshound that could see through spin. Great contacts that he, rightly, kept close to his chest. He was courageous in that he never shied away from critical reporting on those contacts when it was required.
He would come to you with a “great yarn” and never whinged when told to get more info to stand up the story, get more detail, find another source to back it up. And, he always delivered.
A great operator, a great person. Had all the markings of a heavyweight in an industry that has its share of lightweights.
Condolences to Sam’s family, friends and current and former colleagues.
Vale

Very sad. utter randomness, too.

I know a girl who works heavily on Midweek Tackle and everyone on the show was very close, they're all 30-35ish and had a very strong bond. all people who just genuinely realised they were living their dream of being in the sports reporting business.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very sad. utter randomness, too.

I know a girl who works heavily on Midweek Tackle and everyone on the show was very close, they're all 30-35ish and had a very strong bond. all people who just genuinely realised they were living their dream of being in the sports reporting business.
This needs to happen more in AFL journalism, because when you watch midweek tackle you felt the passion, people who loved doing what they were and were happy to have a discussion and disagree or agree. Heavily underrated midweek tackle. You can feel they were a team, seeing their tributes the other night.

This needs to happen more in AFL journalism, because when you watch midweek tackle you felt the passion, people who loved doing what they were and were happy to have a discussion and disagree or agree. Heavily underrated midweek tackle. You can feel they were a team, seeing their tributes the other night.
Great point. I feel the same way about the Fox Footy podcast and now David Zita has graduated to TV.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Landsberger tragedy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back