Toast Sam Menegola

Remove this Banner Ad

This guy has been a revelation in 2020, a model of consistency and quiet, high achievement. It’s hard to believe the same guy was considered trade bait by some in 2019. The form of Menegola, along with that of Cam Guthrie are two compelling reasons why this team has the potential to, dare I say it, make 2020 a premiership year........so maybe I’m getting carried away, but

This guy has been a revelation in 2020, a model of consistency and quiet, high achievement. It’s hard to believe the same guy was considered trade bait by some in 2019. The form of Menegola, along with that of Cam Guthrie are two compelling reasons why this team has the potential to, dare I say it, make 2020 a premiership year........so maybe I’m getting carried away, but
I think this is Menegola's free agency year. He's either getting a decent contract with us or with a WA club next year. Either way, he deserves every cent of it. Fingers crossed we keep him.

Sam has always been one of those types that occasionally showed flashes of brilliance but suffered from inconsistency and some injury issues over the journey. It's been great to see him string together a season where he has consistently played at his best. He looks super fit, which is probably one of the reasons he's playing so well. If he keeps this up he may find himself an All Australian Player this year. Also has to be in contention for the Carji at this point too.

Not bad for a pick 66...

Ive been a critic with his posession style lack of ability to change how he gets rid of it and the skill level overall.

Hes missed some gettable kicks and bitten off way more than he shoudl have at times.

Was warranted.

That said - he's certainly lifted the last 4 weeks or so and is no small reason as to why we have improved.

Credit I think to his fitness work and him hitting the skills better of late.

Still needs to understand pulling the ball in wil not end well.

Overal - glad he's given me some carry back at me and we are better for it.

GO Catters

I think this is Menegola's free agency year. He's either getting a decent contract with us or with a WA club next year. Either way, he deserves every cent of it. Fingers crossed we keep him.

He signed with us for one year. Is fa end 2021.

Still needs to understand pulling the ball in wil not end well.
Yeah, I agree. I saw him do this twice in the game against the Saints. But the second time I thought maybe he was giving away a professional free-kick. Holding the ball in to give the other guys a chance to get back and set up the defensive zone. At least I hope that's why he does it. LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets see if he turns up in finals this year

Copped so much flack for that it became a BF obsession, fact was he had 23 buddies with him every time and most times was in the top 6 for possessions.
Like as if he was the sole reason for failures, didn't we go in without a ruck in one final etc, etc.
Anyway the rest of the football community applauds even if you don't.

No just no. He had more to give.

was this decades max rooke. Just got better and better throughout his career and was at his peak when injuries got him and now bang gone too early.

a fantastic over head mark for a mid and had one of the best bullet passes in the game. Always took the direct option and countlessly set scoring opportunities up.

a very good and massively underrated player.

this is too soon.

Nothing makes me as sad as when pods finished up but this is a close second.

Sam had to fight being delisted twice before he ever played a game, was resilient and excelled from game 1 in our colours.

Would have been a premiership player if we hadnt bottled the 2020 gf-he excelled that finals series and should have been AA that year. Then ruined by injury and would have won a flag if he was fit last year.

Is one of the hardest workers at the club and a genuinely lovely guy. There is no fairness in footy sometimes.

I hope another club takes him on if he wants to play on.

Worked hard, fantastic tank. Got some rewards, but never really seemed to be part of the plan.
Injury hampered (?) at the end, but still has something to offer for a club in the right phase.
I hope he can kick on somewhere else for a few more years.

Nothing makes me as sad as when pods finished up but this is a close second.

Sam had to fight being delisted twice before he ever played a game, was resilient and excelled from game 1 in our colours.

Would have been a premiership player if we hadnt bottled the 2020 gf-he excelled that finals series and should have been AA that year. Then ruined by injury and would have won a flag if he was fit last year.

Is one of the hardest workers at the club and a genuinely lovely guy. There is no fairness in footy sometimes.

I hope another club takes him on if he wants to play on.

Was always the first one out early warming up .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back