Sam Mitchell- Fraud?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gone are the days where clubs did not approach contracted players in season.

They would wait until the season finished. And then the classy clubs would get an ok to approach a contracted player.

Sam and the Hawks obviously don't care about that sort of thing.

What goes around comes around they say.
Yeah, I remember those days. Back then you used to get a little bottle of milk at school each morning and you didn't have to wear those new-fangled seat belts.

They would wait until the season finished. And then the classy clubs would get an ok to approach a contracted player.

Funnily enough I have numerous examples of the eagles doing this over 15 years ago. Including Ken Judge who went to the eagles Via hawthorn and then tried to get Chick to jump over to WCE numerous times during two seasons when they caught up, hell even for guys who aren't big name players like Brockman will have agents reach out when they want to move while in contract

Not even condoning it. A lot of clubs are pretty open and accomodating to teams. WCE and hawthorn have a fantastic relationship even things like hawthorn being happy to help Chick come over, telling WCE and WCE understanding Chance Bateman was in a dark place and not trying to poach him for the wrong reasons. Barrass wants out due to signing a deal below market wanting to play competitive footy

Last edited:

You're right. Those days are gone.

So it's okay for your club to be in Kelly's year, probably from the moment he was drafted by Geelong, but not when the shoe is on the other foot?

What goes around comes around indeed.

Typical one-eyed hypocrite.

Different sport but Neil Brooks’ effort at the 1984 Olympics was pretty special:

“I am pretty sure I hold one Olympic record that will never be broken. Winning an Olympic bronze medal with the worst hangover in the history of mankind," he writes.

Brooks had completed his swim in the 4x100-metre freestyle relay, the only event he was originally scheduled to compete in, and went to drink in the beer garden on the outskirts of the Olympic village.

"We had one of the biggest celebration nights in history and never left the beer garden. I remember waking up on the grass at 7am with Justin Lemberg and one of the other guys standing over me. Justin said, 'you're swimming in an hour Brooksy'," Brooks recalls.

Brooks was being called on to race in the 100 metre medley heats because Mark Stockwell had a bad shoulder and was being saved for the final.

Brooks tried to push the swim to team mates Greg Fasala or Michael Delany.

"Lemberg said, 'look over your left shoulder'. Fasala looked clinically dead; he had one arm floating in the fountain and he wasn't moving," Brooks writes.

According to his team mates Delany was still out partying and couldn't be found.

Brooks said he had to be carried back to his accommodation and had coffee and breakfast poured into him.

He swam the heat in 49.3 seconds, just two tenths slower than he had in the freestyle relay - in which Australia had won a silver medal - and helped the team qualify in second place for the final.

Brooks said he threw up in a drain after the race.”

That’s brilliant, hadn’t heard that story before

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Funnily enough I have numerous examples of the eagles doing this over 15 years ago. Including Ken Judge who went to the eagles Via hawthorn and then tried to get Chick to jump over to WCE numerous times during two seasons when they caught up, hell even for guys who aren't big name players like Brockman will have agents reach out when they want to move while in contract

Not even condoning it. A lot of clubs are pretty open and accomodating to teams. WCE and hawthorn have a fantastic relationship even things like hawthorn being happy to help Chick come over, telling WCE and WCE understanding Chance Bateman was in a dark place and not trying to poach him for the wrong reasons. Barrass wants out due to signing a deal below market wanting to play competitive footy

Managers reaching out are doing there jobs.

Clubs enquiring with other clubs about players happens all the time.

Has been posted by ITK people that the Eagles are very conservative in approaching players under contract. I.E. they request permission to speak directly to a player under contract.

I have never heard or read about an Eagles coach flying across the country mid season to talk a contracted player into requesting a trade.

Sam seems to be a modern coach and it's what he and the Hawks do. He did it last season and this season.

It is what it is.

And before any more nuffies say "stop crying" who's crying about it? Certainly not me.

I simply made the point that in the past there seems to have been more etiquette and professionalism between clubs. These days.......not so much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL that has never been the case, rules or no rules it’s always been open season with clubs when it comes to getting other players.

You're right. Those days are gone.

So it's okay for your club to be in Kelly's year, probably from the moment he was drafted by Geelong, but not when the shoe is on the other foot?

What goes around comes around indeed.

Typical one-eyed hypocrite.

Lol. What a totally dooshe comment.

Who approached who?

Did the Eagles make Kelly's partner pregnant with twins whilst already having a son with a need for additional support.

Geez those Eagles are terrible aren't they.

The Kelly's decided where they wanted to live and Kelly's partner had an issue with the Hill brothers at Freo so they were ruled out.

Anyway. Don't let facts get in the way of a good melt. ;) :tearsofjoy: ;):drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Mitchell- Fraud?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back