Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

the fact that the nature of the Specified Substance or the timing of its ingestion would not have been beneficial to the Athlete
I reckon that's his escape route.
"I snorted coke on Wednesday night and thought I'd be clean by the weekend".

I reckon that's his escape route.
"I snorted coke on Wednesday night and thought I'd be clean by the weekend".
Or I was modelling my game on Ben Cousins.

I usually approach big footy threads with a fair degree of 'nothing nice to say dont say it at all'...... but Sam Murray....

Drug thing aside, as a player i just dont think i rate him.
I dont think his form dropped away. I think he got found out.
One sided. One trick. One step too far.
From a football sense im not sure we need him.

As for the drug thing, pretty stupid but people make mistakes.

I wouldnt be upset if he was delisted moving forward.

Doesnt deserve to be thrown under the bus based on perceived football weaknesses. If he survives this drug scandal he should be welcomed back and given the time to see if can improve on those football areas in which he needs to improve.

Nobody thought Josh Thomas was any good either.
Whilst you’d never thought no Dam Murray could play to Dane Swan level, early doors Swan was very close to getting the big axe.
Imagine what social media would have made of him then?

Agree, if Murray plays for us (whenever) he deserves the same opportunity to reach his best play. He deserves to train, learn and work on deficiencies.
He might even become a formidable player.

Whilst he’s on the list, he is ours. Support all our players.

Why are certain individuals so sure that Murray will only cop a relatively small ban? It’s pretty black and white in the code that if you have certain drugs in your system on game day they’re classed as a PED and you cop the 4 years. There’s no provision there for ‘oh but he took it on Tuesday and didn’t expect it to still be in his system on Saturday’....
It will be 12 months and he will be playing this year as part of our premiership team

It will be 12 months and he will be playing this year as part of our premiership team

Wendell Sailor got two years back in the day........why are you so convinced Murray will only get one especially since the penalty has gone up to four years?

Have you been talking to sideswipe again?

Last edited:
I’d cop that.

I’m like that for flags.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wendell Sailor got two years back in the day........why are you so convinced Murray will only get one especially for the penalty going up to for years?

Have you been talking to sideswipe again?
Just siding with the most optimistic outlook. I think 4 years for the powder ingestion is very fair, but I would give him a 3 year discount , cos the guy has to be a complete and utter moron. Given that he has no career option outside of licking a football

Given that he has no career option outside of licking a football
If any players are going with licking a football as their option of choice, suggest it won’t work out for them.

:p

If any players are going with licking a football as their option of choice, suggest it won’t work out for them.

:p
New sport licking footballs, afl coming up with some weird ideas now:p

It’s debatable as to whether he’s in our best 22, so that’s far fetched on both counts.

You gotta about the level of justice in society these days. The guy pees in two bottles and it takes a year to work out whether he should be banned? Are the people running this process on an extended holiday overseas? It will probably take 4 years to make the decision...

But that delicious leather smell... mmmm lovely 😛
If only they were made out of cane toad skins.

5048692.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back