Sam Newman- people have had enough of this shameless racist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks, just a friendly reminder that this thread is about Sam Newman. All discussion on the upcoming referendum - please continue ON THE SRP BOARD

Last edited by a moderator:
So you are against it??

So WHY the * did you ask me to show how you're against it?!??

Please show me any quote ive made that says I am against it. I said I was confused by the fact I am being welcomed to the country I was born and raised in.

I don't hate indigenous people lmao, see guys this is what you get for disagreeing with the woke mob. You wanna see suppression of speech in action? Here it is. He won't even address my argument, won't read my posts, but he's more than happy to label me whatever fits his delusions. Get help buddy.
The whole country is ****ed, you're immediately racist if you have anything to say that doesn't fit what the majority are saying.

It's not that you've shown you disagree with me on anything...

You've asked me to spend more time looking up your personal opinion on a footy forum...
Than you've spent looking up what Welcome to Country actually is...

That alone... is ignorant, and probably based on a disparaging view of Indigenous people and culture...
You're trying to discredit me based on probabilities and assumptions, when I've explicitly directed you to a small handful of posts within this thread that explain my argument. You're willfully ignorant, and emotionally unstable.

A friend was telling me that they have have a welcome to country at work before a team meeting. If that is happening everywhere you can understand some people getting frustrated with it. I don't condone people booing it. But I would like any channel televising it to put up subtitles to translate what is spoken that isn't in english

At my work it happens all the time in team meetings. I don't mind it, better than safety moments that are done to death.

More interesting was the cultural training, especially aboriginal people at work who talk about balancing of professional life and traditional family. There also was a good monologue on the meaning of welcome to country - it's the small things that people appreciate and if someone out there found meaning in it, that's great. And lastly, it brought it home a bit that 90% of the population has disappeared in the last 200 years.

Please show me any quote ive made that says I am against it. I said I was confused by the fact I am being welcomed to the country I was born and raised in.
I agree. I was born here, probably before a few people who are welcoming me to my country. I can't understand why at every single formal event it is performed.

I got off a plane, was welcomed to country, went to a footy game, welcomed again, came home, welcomed again. Had a meeting at work, the weekly meeting, welcomed to county. Monday morning when the next meeting is, I'll be welcomed, tonight on the TV, I'm sure the audience will be welcomed and less than 24 hours, it'll happen again.

At what point does it lose its relevance?

So what's your point? I don't really care that much, but it is annoying and overused, so I might boo it if I had the chance and anonymity.

Don't really care that much but you might boo it if nobody knew who you were?

watchout-badass.gif

Btw the private sector reaches into government policy and mainstream culture, bless our oligarchs/blackrock.

Cool but this isn't the USA and you should probably give Youtube a break.

The whole country is ****ed, you're immediately racist if you have anything to say that doesn't fit what the majority are saying.
It's entirely fine to say you don't like the WTC.

It's another thing entirely to encourage people to boo a cultural ceremony at a major sporting event.

Which people do you think the latter appeals to the most?

I agree. I was born here, probably before a few people who are welcoming me to my country. I can't understand why at every single formal event it is performed.

I got off a plane, was welcomed to country, went to a footy game, welcomed again, came home, welcomed again. Had a meeting at work, the weekly meeting, welcomed to county. Monday morning when the next meeting is, I'll be welcomed, tonight on the TV, I'm sure the audience will be welcomed and less than 24 hours, it'll happen again.

Scrap the national anthem then?

Don't really care that much but you might boo it if nobody knew who you were?

watchout-badass.gif

Cool but this isn't the USA and you should probably give Youtube a break.
Yeah I don't wanna risk getting cancelled over disagreeing with something, you understand. Can you explain the last sentence to me?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome to country!

Yeah I don't wanna risk getting cancelled over disagreeing with something, you understand. Can you explain the last sentence to me?

Read your posts. Classic shit take "I'm being silenced\suppressed\cancelled" mentality. You aren't losing freedom of speech, you're losing freedom of hateful speech without repurcussions.

At my work it happens all the time in team meetings. I don't mind it, better than safety moments that are done to death.

More interesting was the cultural training, especially aboriginal people at work who talk about balancing of professional life and traditional family. There also was a good monologue on the meaning of welcome to country - it's the small things that people appreciate and if someone out there found meaning in it, that's great. And lastly, it brought it home a bit that 90% of the population has disappeared in the last 200 years.
Thanks for the sensible reply. Team meetings can do your head in sometimes.

5dde72775bbc2.jpeg

It's entirely fine to say you don't like the WTC.

It's another thing entirely to encourage people to boo a cultural ceremony at a major sporting event.

Which people do you think the latter appeals to the most?
But it's ok to push for a change of date for Australia day ? Or call it Invasion day ?

Society has just got to cull the crap from the past and move the fck on !

Life is too short to hold onto this negative shit.

Read your posts. Classic s**t take "I'm being silenced\suppressed\cancelled" mentality. You aren't losing freedom of speech, you're losing freedom of hateful speech without repurcussions.
I'm anything but classic. You wanna address my argument or my mentality?

I've said I don't like WTC either, because it's overused in a lot of cases, but I'm also not coming out in support of someone suggesting spectators at a sporting event boo a cultural ceremony.

The last bit? Going down the 'Blackrock own everything' will eventually lead you down the path of believing Bill Gates is in charge of Nazi-Vampires who remain immortal by torturing children and drinking their adrenal fluid.

I've seen this happen to 2 people in my life. It's hilarious but completely insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back