Sam Reid

Remove this Banner Ad

Missing piece in our premiership cog this would be! Pretty sure we have some $$$ to throw at him too (given the $1m failed Cloke, Taylor and other bids)

Buddy seems to play pretty high up the ground, sometimes ending up on the wing. I never really cared a lot about watching Swans games, but wasn't that Reid's role? Even if it wasn't, Reid would surely consider it – one flag contender to another, a big(ger) pay, and a starring role at centre-half forward instead of on a flank.

And he's probably the best target since Riewoldt. And the most likely since Bitch Clark.

Definitely worth a first pick and two players. We are screaming out for a power forward.

If we got Reid,it would definitely help ease the swans cap space,which will hopefully help us.
I'm pretty sure he was on fairly lengthy contract too.

Nope. With our outs this year we should have close to, if not 1 mil freed up. Coupled inn the fact it is probably ROK's and Goodes' last year(s) and the increase in the cap by 500k league wide.

If anything he'll be groomed to play Goodes role in forward line or sent to CHB before we consider letting him go

Nope. With our outs this year we should have close to, if not 1 mil freed up. Coupled inn the fact it is probably ROK's and Goodes' last year(s) and the increase in the cap by 500k league wide.

If anything he'll be groomed to play Goodes role in forward line or sent to CHB before we consider letting him go

What do Sydney do? Pay everyone outside their top 10 in peanuts?

What about buddy's decade long contract?

I've always wondered whether we would make a play for Sam Reid since Franklin moved to Sydney. Hopefully he isn't our next 'Mitch Clark' though but I'm not sure whether he would be willing to move to Perth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we got Reid,it would definitely help ease the swans cap space,which will hopefully help us.
I'm pretty sure he was on fairly lengthy contract too.
According to the web his contract is 5 years and he is about 2-3 years through it. Still if we get him in the trade period then I will be happy.

I remembered an interview on the radio with Brad Lloyd and they asked him if he had any regrets or made mistakes, he said not taking Sam Reid was one.

Buddy seems to play pretty high up the ground, sometimes ending up on the wing. I never really cared a lot about watching Swans games, but wasn't that Reid's role? Even if it wasn't, Reid would surely consider it – one flag contender to another, a big(ger) pay, and a starring role at centre-half forward instead of on a flank.

Reid will probably need to decide if he wants to play back for the rest of his career or not. If he thinks he can be a forward, and all the associated kudos and $$$ then i can see him heading west. But he is happy to play his role where ever Sydney want him (CHB) then you'd have to think he'd stay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Reid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back