MRP / Trib. Sam Wicks

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Flattened Ryan Lester tonight.

If the AFL is that serious about the head then they’ll give him 5 weeks. The big issue for me is Pickett got 2 for something very similar.

Where do they go with this? Will Sydney be appealing if he gets more than what Pickett got? Through the concept of precedent, should he only get 2?

Discuss.

Picketts was completely different.
Pickett was front on.

Wicks hit was just as bad though. Action needs to be worth more than injury
Correct. But we know it doesn’t work that way. Big chance for the AFL to make a statement, but they simply can’t because they haven’t all year.

They’re in a corner.

Yes, but I look at that and think it was so much worse than Sicily.

But less damage. Its all they care about.

Pickett's was one of the nastiest looking hits since the 1990s but only 2 weeks because no injury. Should have been a month simply on intent.

How many for Cameron on Blakey?
Looks at him, then falls on his head, propels him into point post....

Hyperbole post, but if things completely accidental are going to be suspended
Post kept its eye on the ball, Blakey is gone.

I thought the action was terrible. Off the ground when he hit, flush on the jaw with the elbow. But the AFL punishes outcome - commentators have already got it down to a week due to the impact.

From recent examples, should be more than 3 weeks. Will likely not even get that, considering outcome, which annoys everyone.

Kozzy is a golden child, so no point comparing to that incident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picketts was completely different.
Correct. But we know it doesn’t work that way.
If the AFL is that serious about the head then they’ll give him 5 weeks. The big issue for me is Pickett got 2 for something very similar.

So wait, are you saying the incidents were "very similar" and therefore the AFL will give the same penalty, or the incidents are "completely different" and because the AFL hands out random penalties he'll get 2?

So wait, are you saying the incidents were "very similar" and therefore the AFL will give the same penalty, or the incidents are "completely different" and because the AFL hands out random penalties he'll get 2?
I am saying the Pickett incident and Wicks incident weren’t dissimilar. Both after the ball hits, both high, both avoidable. Using precedent as a principle, it’s probably appropriate to give him 2 weeks.

Is that right? No. Pickett should have got 4 but he didn’t because Smith wasn’t injured, which is ridiculous. Wicks should get 4 because his action was dangerous and unnecessary. In comparison to the Sicily incident, both Wicks and Pickett hits were far worse.

How can it be more when DeGoey knocked someone out and got 3.
Again with the false information. Do you even watch the incidents you comment on?

Wicks had more time to consider his action, left the ground, targeted the head and used a forearm, and I said should be more.

It was late and careless, but not targeted. No chance this is graded intentional
It was quite a weird action. More than careless, less than deliberate, but is there a grading of stupid?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back