MRP / Trib. Sam Wicks

Remove this Banner Ad

Lifting an elbow should be graded intentional.

Intentional, medium impact (low but increased to medium for risk of injury), high.

2 weeks.

Could also be high impact for 3 weeks.

Bad action. NEED to stamp out these incidents. Tough but good tackles are getting 1 week, maybe 2, so why should someone flinging an elbow that was ALWAYS going to be in the head region and late, be only 1 ?

They call it intentional when a player has the intention of striking the player and does it.

this I think falls under strike rather than rough conduct (shoulder bump).

He intended to get him and he did.
Disagree, late getting there to smother, token effort to raise the arms then inexplicably jumps without tucking the arms back in. Dumb but not intentional

It's low impact (no injury)

It's why so many people want the grading changed to intent over injury
It will be medium impact and possibly intentional. I think that intent argument is a load of garbage. We can only guess what someone's intent is, though many try to. We should only judge action and result and forgot about mind reading.

Flattened Ryan Lester tonight.

If the AFL is that serious about the head then they’ll give him 5 weeks. The big issue for me is Pickett got 2 for something very similar.

Where do they go with this? Will Sydney be appealing if he gets more than what Pickett got? Through the concept of precedent, should he only get 2?

Discuss.
Give him life.

Again with the false information. Do you even watch the incidents you comment on?

Wicks had more time to consider his action, left the ground, targeted the head and used a forearm, and I said should be more.
It won’t be of course but should be 3 at least, would welcome more, mind you Lester got up pretty quick and uninjured once the call was made. His dive a little later for the otherv50 was ordinary to say the least Ang should get him a week for staging.

I said one or 2 weeks, and really it depends on the medical report. He gets 2 weeks. Swans wont contest either Im sure.
Maybe if it was a key player I wouldn't be opposed to arguing medium down to low based on no need for hia, player didn't even go interchange off he just played on.

But is wicks worth the 10k? Doubtful

Edit wow they graded it high impact? They've picked a penalty and worked backwards clearly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would take 2 weeks and run. Very lucky boy. That action could have caused a lot of damage to Lester at which time he would be looking at 6+

Unbelievable really. Both Pickett and Wicks committed incredibly dangerous acts where they were lucky their opponents weren’t seriously injured. Meanwhile, Sicily commits a tackle in the way you’re supposed to, McCluggage got hurt, and he gets 3 weeks.

Sicily had no intention at all to hurt HMC. Pickett and Wicks had complete opportunity to not do what they did.

Proof the system is broken.

I said one or 2 weeks, and really it depends on the medical report. He gets 2 weeks. Swans wont contest either Im sure.
Swans might contest it and argue for 3

Unbelievable really. Both Pickett and Wicks committed incredibly dangerous acts where they were lucky their opponents weren’t seriously injured. Meanwhile, Sicily commits a tackle in the way you’re supposed to, McCluggage got hurt, and he gets 3 weeks.

Sicily had no intention at all to hurt HMC. Pickett and Wicks had complete opportunity to not do what they did.

Well said demondavey.

It’s the non football acts which get you sent off in local leagues. We’ve all seen videos of out of control brawls at grounds because someone decided to behave like Pickett or Wicks. Beggars belief that Wicks is likely to serve a lesser penalty than Sicily (and the same time as Day).

Disagree, late getting there to smother, token effort to raise the arms then inexplicably jumps without tucking the arms back in. Dumb but not intentional
You're a parody of yourself.

Dan Butler was intentionally drove Blakey's head into the ground and deserves a suspension, but Sam Wicks was just a late smother where he "forgot" to tuck his arms back in. Thanks for the laughs.

You're a parody of yourself.

Dan Butler was intentionally drove Blakey's head into the ground and deserves a suspension, but Sam Wicks was just a late smother where he "forgot" to tuck his arms back in. Thanks for the laughs.
I never once said Butler intentionally drove Blakey's head into the ground. And the MRO graded both as careless so you've had a bit of a moment there champ

Last edited:
I never once said Butler intentionally drove Blakey's head into the ground. And the MRO graded both as careless so you've had a bit of a moment there champ
So it wasn't you who started a thread about Dan Butler's tackle and insisted for 5 pages that his actions were dangerous ("CTE is serious, guys"), only to look like a prize turkey when it was thrown out at the tribunal?

Then you turn up in another thread where one of YOUR players has elbowed someone in the head with the ball nowhere in sight, and you say it's a mistimed smother.

This is how it looks from the outside, "champ".

So it wasn't you who started a thread about Dan Butler's tackle and insisted for 5 pages that his actions were dangerous ("CTE is serious, guys"), only to look like a prize turkey when it was thrown out at the tribunal?

Then you turn up in another thread where one of YOUR players has elbowed someone in the head with the ball nowhere in sight, and you say it's a mistimed smother.

This is how it looks from the outside, "champ".
Ok. Quote me anywhere where I've said Wicks shouldn't be suspended and then we'll continue this.

(I'll save you the trouble; you won't find it, because I haven't said it)

Ok. Quote me anywhere where I've said Wicks shouldn't be suspended and then we'll continue this.

(I'll save you the trouble; you won't find it, because I haven't said it)
Why would I do that? Then you'd just keep talking to me. Look, you're going to be living down your Butler performance for a while, so get used to it.

As for Wicks, if we're handing out 3 weeks for normal tackles where a player's head hits the ground, we have to be handing out 4-5 for elbows to the head when the player doesn't have the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back