Teams San Francisco 49ers - The Niners

Remove this Banner Ad

Not exactly a get right game vibes.

3rd quarter with 3 TD where things started to click, good to see Ricky getting involved witch catches and the Jet sweep. D ratcheted up the pressure.

Going up 17 to start the last just had the vibes of conceding scores. And like clockwork gave up a 4min and 50sec TD drives. Leaving Lamb open like a 7-11 twice was horrible.

Bye is here, time to get healthy and some key folks back (maybe). Freshen up for the Buccs away and then the Seahawks at home. Both must wins with tough games against the Bills and Packers away.

It was a poor game salvaged by one good quarter. The coaching, play calling and game management continues to be sub-par given the experience he has. The pass call on 3rd and 1 that Purdy almost turned into a terrible turnover when we had all the momentum and were running the ball effectively was so annoying and yet so predictable.

We also got away with a lot of holding - they called it in patches but not consistently. I know every o-line does it but I thought we got a decent run with penalties in the second half.

Defense is getting by on big performances from individuals, but I’m not convinced. And ST remains an enormous concern.

We’re light years behind the best NFC teams right now, will be a mammoth effort to get to the playoffs and make a dent.

As an aside, it probably doesn’t matter much to most people, but the amount of times we burn timeouts early in each half when there’s no real reason to (except they’re disorganised or haven’t decided on a play) is so frustrating. You need those to stop the clock at the end of games, stop spending them as if they don’t matter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams San Francisco 49ers - The Niners

Remove this Banner Ad

Back