Sandy Roberts

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the tennis during the week, and I heard Sandy Roberts utter those words that sent a shiver down my spine. I was hoping that he might have "retired" the "oh my hat" line, but it appears it is still alive and kicking.

Looks like i'll be watching to footy with the volume turned down when he is commentating.

Watching the tennis during the week, and I heard Sandy Roberts utter those words that sent a shiver down my spine. I was hoping that he might have "retired" the "oh my hat" line, but it appears it is still alive and kicking.

Looks like i'll be watching to footy with the volume turned down when he is commentating.

Mate, if they dig up 'Robbo' and the like, i don't know what i'll do. Because the crickets been crap this summer, i've dug up a couple of old tapes to watch, and the channel seven commentary was pedestrian, inane and not schpeshal at all. There has to be better talent than Sandy out there, surely to chr1st. Can anyone start a petition to ban Sandy, Robbo and Burra so the NEVER, EVER call footy again.

Channel 7 have always had the worst callers. Can anybody remember when Don Scott told Peter Mckenna he also had only 1 and a half brains after Mckenna recalled losing half a kidney playing footy.

How did this guy get a job calling topline sporting events.:confused:

He has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Channel 7 have always had the worst callers. Can anybody remember when Don Scott told Peter Mckenna he also had only 1 and a half brains after Mckenna recalled losing half a kidney playing footy.

Don't diss Don....he brought genuine colour and movement to special comments that the likes of Lyon and Brereton could only hope to be as good as.

Don't diss Don....he brought genuine colour and movement to special comments that the likes of Lyon and Brereton could only hope to be as good as.

I've had bowel movements more insightful than Don Scotts special comments.

Sandy - "oh my hat". Thats what we've missed for 5 long years of Eddie and those inane Fox commentators.

As long as Peter Landy doesnt get dragged up from the retirement home, I cant wait for Sandy and Bruce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Landy isn't that bad. The man has a hair full of white (or was it silver)

But they better not bring back people like Robbo, McKenna, Scott, Watson e.t.c.

Sandy, Bruce & a special comments person would be good for FNF. Nines 2pm Sunday game had a 3 man booth and it worked pretty well IMO. And please Ch. 7 & 10, may Dwayne Russel never ever soil my T.V screan again.

Love Sandy. :thumbsu:
I agree. Sandy is old school. He's funny and unbiased…which can't be said for many of the channel 9 crew....especially Eddie, Lyon and Dwayne.

Peter Landy used to be good for laugh, but doubt he'll be part of any future commentary lineups. Never liked Drew Morphett. Peter McKenna was so bad he was good...loved the Hawks for some reason. Don Scott was ridiculous. Robbo's Carlton bias used to shine through every now and then. Channel 7’s worst ever “Special” comments man was easily John Russo. The guy was a deadset liar...a typical umpire.

I agree. Sandy is old school. He's funny and unbiased…which can't be said for many of the channel 9 crew....especially Eddie, Lyon and Dwayne.

Peter Landy used to be good for laugh, but doubt he'll be part of any future commentary lineups. Never liked Drew Morphett. Peter McKenna was so bad he was good...loved the Hawks for some reason. Don Scott was ridiculous. Robbo's Carlton bias used to shine through every now and then. Channel 7’s worst ever “Special” comments man was easily John Russo. The guy was a deadset liar...a typical umpire.

I forgot about Drew Morphett. Tha tdude needs to be on 7's B-Team commentary team. He always seemed excited when he was calling the game.

Anything's gotta be better than that bloody Channel Nine with absolutely pathetic callers such as Eddie, Garry Lyon, Brian Taylor, Dwayne Russell and Dermott Brereton :thumbsdown:
Ten are just as dreadful - Walls, Hudson, Silvagni, Christian :eek: :thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Sandy Roberts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back