SANFL Grand Final Centrals V Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogwatcher said:
Hmmmm....very few comments on this thread.

I'd say the EAgles v Dogs clkash has really got the excitement levels up hey?

Unless you are a Central fan it's very hard to get enthusiatic about watching a GF when one team looks like winning their 5th flag in their 6th GF in a row, and playing a team they beat by 20 goals the year before. I began following footy just at the end of Port Adelaide's 50s and 60s dominance, then lived through Sturt's 5 in a row. Then we had the dominating Port of the 90s and now Central District.

I'm not blaming Central, good luck to them, they can only go out and do the best they can. It's just disappointing watching one team being successful for long periods of time. I never thought about it before, but perhaps one of the reasons I preferred footy in the 70s and 80s were the number of different clubs who won flags.

Adelaide Hawk said:
Unless you are a Central fan it's very hard to get enthusiatic about watching a GF when one team looks like winning their 5th flag in their 6th GF in a row, and playing a team they beat by 20 goals the year before. I began following footy just at the end of Port Adelaide's 50s and 60s dominance, then lived through Sturt's 5 in a row. Then we had the dominating Port of the 90s and now Central District.

I'm not blaming Central, good luck to them, they can only go out and do the best they can. It's just disappointing watching one team being successful for long periods of time. I never thought about it before, but perhaps one of the reasons I preferred footy in the 70s and 80s were the number of different clubs who won flags.

I dont remember being disappointed watching Brisbane be so successful. It was just awesome to watch their display of football - highly skilled and efficient.

Dont write the Eagles of just yet guys thats what Port did .
But come on Centrals fans lets talk up your side a wee bit more :D .
Just remember what I said on FootySA you guys are being to sound like Power supporters just before they play the Crows in a home final !!!
Id just like a close G/F with the Eagles grabbing a close win :)

Cheers

mickyj said:
Legends should stay retired they can never recapture the past .
Typical Cahill and port tactics re what was the port player doing to stokes head into the ground in the last quater!!!

Go Eagles!!!!!!!

I'm glad then that we both agree that 'Gentleman Jack Cahill' is a deadset legend. He wouldn't have coached again but the club begged him to come back & it did take a lot of talking from past players as well as management to get the super coach back for just the 1 year. Now he's set them up for the future by playing so many players this year especially younger players & the U19's & U17's are starting to get back on track so he will leave the club in a far better position then when he came back.

Simply put the Eagles were just that bit better on the day against Port, but i'm afraid that Central's will be still way too good for your team this week, although i would really like to see the Eagles win because i have a few friends that barrack for them.

My Tip Centrals 21 points
crowd - 35,000
BOG - Colville

From somebody who's out of touch:

Eagles by 11 (I have to say that!)
Crowd - 26,732
BOG - Gavin Colville (would be appropriate if the Eagles win)

A quick question - who presents the cup?

Bulldogs will win their fifth flag by 12-14 goals
It will be the same crowd attendance as last year, if Bulldogs has new supporters signed up. As for Eagles, GOOD LUCK TO THEM!!! :thumbsdown:
Best on ground: Luke Cowan (depending on how fit he is, although he just came back from an injury) or James/Chris Gowans

Adelaide Hawk said:

I can see where you're coming from but Central's performance this year has been sensational, go back to Round 10...Central were 3 wins and 5 losses and 7th, many people(including Central supporters on bigfooty if I recall) were writing them off and giving them no chance of winning the flag this year.

I've got a gut feeling the Eagles will win this weekend, having said that my SANFL tipping has been shocking all season, AFL has been ok but SANFL terrible.

Re: SANFL Grand Final delayed on Fox Footy

cos789 said:
TKS . Thought so . So hard to get the program .

Fox Footy's reason for no LIVE coverage of Prelim and Grand Finals:- '..technical broadcast reasons'. What a load of bollocks.

This was my request to Fox Footy last week:

"The Fox Footy TV guide indicates that there is no live coverage of the SANFL prelim final on Sunday the 25th of September.

Will we miss out on LIVE SANFL prelim and grand finals again, like last year?

In the previous 2 seasons you had LIVE coverage of the VFL and WAFL prelim and grand finals."

Fox Footy reply was:

"FOX Footy Channel will be broadcasting the SANFL Preliminary Final on Sunday 25 September at 8.30pm EST, 8.00pm CST & 8.30pm WST and the Grand Final on Sunday 2 October at 7.30pm EST.

We are unable to broadcast these games LIVE due to a prior programming commitment on Sunday 25 September and for technical broadcast reasons on Sunday 2 October. However, we are pleased that we are able to broadcast these SANFL games nationally as have been the case throughout Season 2005.

FOX Footy Channel has also broadcast a mixture of LIVE and delayed coverage of VFL & WAFL finals - depending on our programming commitments at the time of each game."

McAlmanac said:
From somebody who's out of touch:

Eagles by 11 (I have to say that!)
Crowd - 26,732
BOG - Gavin Colville (would be appropriate if the Eagles win)

A quick question - who presents the cup?

From the SANFL website..............

Don Lindner (!!! :cool: ) will be presenting the winning League team with their Premiership Medallions. Don is a member of the SANFL Hall of Fame, played 287 games for North Adelaide and was winner of the Magarey Medal in 1967.

The Jack Oatey Medal will be presented to the best player afield in the League Grand Final and will be presented by Jack’s wife Mary.

To conclude the presentations, SANFL President Rod Payze will present the Thomas Seymour Hill Trophy to the triumphant League team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to the Doggies. 5 out of the last 6 is a mighty effort.
Did anyone else hear James Gowans call Richard Williams a "disgrace"? If so, do you think that he might get fined? I agree with him btw.

Edit: Typo

Count Zero said:
Congratulations to the Doggies. 5 out of the last 6 is a mighty effort.
Did anyone else hear James Gowans call Richard Williams a "disgrace"? If so, do you think that he might get fined? I agree with him btw.

Edit: Typo

Don't get me started on Richard Williams. I still haven't got over his disgraceful umpiring in the 1996 Preliminary Final. He's a shocker.

Umpires were good, apart from Williams mad minutes, being sucked in by Pedler early in the third quarter.
Dont get too close to a vacuum cleaner Dickie

bulldog pommy said:
Umpires were good, apart from Williams mad minutes, being sucked in by Pedler early in the third quarter.
Dont get too close to a vacuum cleaner Dickie

Is this the same Williams who was bagged big time every time he umpired an AFL game before dropping back to the SANFL ?

ben.carbonaro said:
Is this the same Williams who was bagged big time every time he umpired an AFL game before dropping back to the SANFL ?

The very same.

Made four decisions which were clearly incorrect, and two of them were probably the worst he has pulled, and he pulled them in a GF. It's frustrating, cause he isn't exactly a good umpire - Experience doesn't mean they are good. What made it look bad is that the other two umpires had a great game.

Williams was shocking!

I've met him a couple of times through work - nice bloke and all, but some of his performance on the weekend was absolutely disgraceful.

His worst efforts were reserved deep in our attack in the third quarter.

Although, I'm not sure if it was such a good idea Gowans sledging him. Leave that for the supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

SANFL Grand Final Centrals V Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back