SANFL W - SAWFL - Lower Leagues News and Reviews

Remove this Banner Ad

Brooke Tonon going back to the Bays from her first AFLW pre-season with the Crows just casually kicked 6 goals 2 playing off a wing šŸ˜®

Long time Crows academy product and all round gun Hannah Ewings really not helping us out with her first game back after missing last season through injury gathering 21 possessions and kicking 2 of Norths 4 goals, need to have a word with her to ease it up šŸ˜¬, I would have told her to take a year off & play cricket instead this year šŸ˜‰

Not knowing much of the current match happening but Prowse was named in the backlines for Sturt and Simmons up forward for the Eagles, I wouldnā€™t mind Prowse be switched up forward especially given Biddell is now holding down CHB
How do the academies work with the draft in aflw?

How do the academies work with the draft in aflw?
Different rules in different states so far, Queensland have their more traditional academies with set geographical borders and can draft out of those, Freo and West Coastā€™s are a bit more complex now not fully across it but think they more or less do a semi handshake agreement as to split who goes where now. No call on SA yet though donā€™t think the AFL will want to implement any availability to Crows until after Port have their free for all so it will probably roll into Crows canā€™t take anyone from Ports academy for a number of years (so they get easy access to Lauren Young) and Crows wonā€™t get access to any academy products until after pick 50 or 60 something.

Glenelg absolutely belted Norwood in both games last night.

The Legs are a very young group but the reserves were 23 scoring shots to 5, the League was about the same
I was impressed with the crowd numbers.
More attending these than u16s/u18s games.

The Crows really shouldā€™ve Josh Francouā€™ed this girl, will be annoying to see her drafted by Port before sheā€™s able to join the club sheā€™s been attached to and nurtured by over the past 3-4 years.

124AE619-4EF6-4DFE-A347-A214EF70E92C.jpeg

I found out Jess Bates is the daughter of a friend (1st marriage)

29 disposals against Eagles - along with Sarah Goodwin and Tessa Kohn are all starring

I had heard of Goodwin a few years ago and am glad she has kicked on

Eagles teenager Shineah Goody got 23 disposals

I found out Jess Bates is the daughter of a friend (1st marriage)

29 disposals against Eagles - along with Sarah Goodwin and Tessa Kohn are all starring

I had heard of Goodwin a few years ago and am glad she has kicked on

Eagles teenager Shineah Goody got 23 disposals
All 3 of Bates, Goodwin and Kohn are definitely a good show to be on Ports first list, none of them are overly clean or good users of the footy but are able to get their hands on it plenty and play that basic early AFLW years ā€˜surgeā€™ style game thatā€™s still pretty effective at SANFLW level.

Goody is another youngster following in the footsteps of Ewings and Lauren Young that will be a gun, only 16 and averaging 20 disposals per match and is an absolute endurance machine very much in the Charlton mould with a very similar ā€˜straight backā€™ style, all 3 probably end up at Port first as well šŸ˜–šŸ˜«

Remove this Banner Ad

Back