Preview Season 7, Round 9 v Geelong: Friday 21 October @ Wigan Oval (Unley Oval)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You could say that about most of our game. Terrible lack of nous, just bombing it to one on three for the most part. Geelong far superior with actual passing and overhead marking.
We've played the game like we have an outnumber up forward when it's the opposite

the team looks like it has mentally cooked itself, some of the worse things ever were committed on a football field today.

That was a scrappy scrappy win. Thought we were lucky Whitely's mark was considered a mark as I didn't think the ball travelled 10m. Gould missing a sitter and Ponter mis-bouncing the ball. Not sure what it is, but women tend to have trouble bouncing the ball? Are they not running fast enough for the ball to bounce back nicely? Not bouncing with enough force?

We were lucky to get away with that win.

Marinoff has been struggling with effective possession. Hatchard has been terrible with her possessions. Our rucks did well to dominate, but we need to work on our skills and disposal efficiency.

Having the ball in the hands to people like Thompson, Allan, Ponter, Jones and Charlton, Kelly is more comforting than Hatchard and Marinoff.

I was really impressed with Kelly and that goal she kicked. Just the way she handled the ball and stayed in the play was great to watch.

Jones came in a remonstrated, I think. Not much in it.
Doesn't take much for the umps to pay a free kick in AFLW. At one point late in the game, Geelong got a free kick because Ballard dumped the player in a tackle? To me, she tackled a player, that player incorrectly disposed of the ball and she stayed in the action of tackling. It was barely a dump.

And Sarah Allan was taken recklessly high in that attempt by the Geelong player. Can't believe a slight remonstration was worth a free over that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back