Sav

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations, Sav on the birth of the little bloke. Hope that I am still going around in another 18 years when he joins his big brother, who'll be 21 and hopefully an established star at the Kangaroos by then.

The sad bit about yesterday is that I rather suspect that Sav was all fired up to play a blinder and kick us into the second week of the finals.

Three class acts early in the game.

The spoil that went straight to Corey and led to a goal.

The big grab and goal a few minutes later.

The mark and play on goal in the second.

We really cannot blame the forwards, the ball just never got up there anywhere near enough. Had it got there a few more times I think Sav would have kicked a bag.

All i can say of Sav: i hope that he gets a ride in a cop car to every game with the way he towled up all commers when he arrived at full forward!!

I could only think of 3 times where we kicked the ball to the advantage of Sav and Thommo, out in front of Thommo in the last quarter, and both the Sav goals. Our skills in delivering to the key forwards has let us down all year, if we can pick that up Thommo and Sav could quite easily kick 120-130 between them. And on the father-son rule, how many more games does Sav need for us to qualify.

Falkroo said:
I could only think of 3 times where we kicked the ball to the advantage of Sav and Thommo, out in front of Thommo in the last quarter, and both the Sav goals. Our skills in delivering to the key forwards has let us down all year, if we can pick that up Thommo and Sav could quite easily kick 120-130 between them. And on the father-son rule, how many more games does Sav need for us to qualify.

Not that it matters but there was a good pass from Grant to Thommo after a brilliant Harvey handball on the boundary early in the third...

vlad76 said:
Not that it matters but there was a good pass from Grant to Thommo after a brilliant Harvey handball on the boundary early in the third...

Yeah, I probably overstated it a little, just trying emphasise our poor delivery all season, and I must admit I could have missed a few trying to wipe the tears away!

Sav was actually on Channel 10 news (last night?) saying that he wanted to play on next year and then he would get the 100 games up for North. He said his sons would then have two clubs they could choose from. Hopefully, Sav will steer them towards North and not Collingwood.

GoNorth said:
Sav was actually on Channel 10 news (last night?) saying that he wanted to play on next year and then he would get the 100 games up for North. He said his sons would then have two clubs they could choose from. Hopefully, Sav will steer them towards North and not Collingwood.

If they are like the Clokes, Collingwood are welcome to them.
If they are like the Roccas, they'll be clever enough to play for us.

scottywiper said:
If they are like the Clokes, Collingwood are welcome to them.
If they are like the Roccas, they'll be clever enough to play for us.
Why would they be like Clokes?
Are you suggesting something about Sav's missus we don't know about? :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Sav

Remove this Banner Ad

Back