Competitions SBBFL Off-Season Thread 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

there already was one 736392 but i think you guys are sick of me asking for views on rules nobody reads my posts these days....

Whoops. Missed that. Will join now.

So I’m out of the loop. I’ve skimmed through the last couple pages, but I must have missed the first JLT waiver wire pick up.
When do I need to have my waiver wire priorities in by?

Sweet, so the JLT run went as expected!? And then free agency opened up for Friday? Or did you keep it locked out
No free agency last week as was only a few hours before teams named.

Could add a free agency period this week though if people are keen - I know death would want one

looking for a decent back up KF, my mids and GF are on the trade table for the right price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On another note all my GDs are on the trade table, chasing a best 22 Forward. I would say all except Sicily but for the right price I could be convinced.

Also, are we doing cash?
I’m happy with $50 again. Like this post if you’re happy with $50 entry fee again!
Placings after finals:
1st: $300
2nd: $150
3rd: $50
So those that haven’t liked this post, do you want to be disregarded from the prize pool? We can just split the pool between those competitors that have paid up.
Or we can lower the entry fee?
If it’s not too personal, why are some not keen for cash?

So those that haven’t liked this post, do you want to be disregarded from the prize pool? We can just split the pool between those competitors that have paid up.
Or we can lower the entry fee?
If it’s not too personal, why are some not keen for cash?
I’m finding the like system to get votes for decisions to be pretty frustrating (he says having only just got around to liking your post now....)

I’d wager we owe cursing money for uf signup though so he should get free entry and the prize pool lowered...might still be out of pocket

I’m finding the like system to get votes for decisions to be pretty frustrating (he says having only just got around to liking your post now....)

I’d wager we owe cursing money for uf signup though so he should get free entry and the prize pool lowered...might still be out of pocket
Yep! Forgot about that. Still $60 CursingFijian ?

Ok campaigners there are a few outstanding queries that got no dissent (no response at all tbh) so unless anyone moans over the next 12 hours or so I will:

1. Reverse the reversal of the smokies waivers pickup of markov as he still has 3 1st year players on his list markov will be his and macfadyn available for pickup

2. Introduce a rule that you can change the delisted player used for a waivers pickup the following day by stating on forum thread

3. Have a Free agency period between Friday and Sunday this week for people to rejig their depth without costing them their waivers position (no players delisted tomorrow night will be available until following weeks waivers)

Also Still two missing from classic league 736392 not sure who

Ok campaigners there are a few outstanding queries that got no dissent (no response at all tbh) so unless anyone moans over the next 12 hours or so I will:

1. Reverse the reversal of the smokies waivers pickup of markov as he still has 3 1st year players on his list markov will be his and macfadyn available for pickup

2. Introduce a rule that you can change the delisted player used for a waivers pickup the following day by stating on forum thread

3. Have a Free agency period between Friday and Sunday this week for people to rejig their depth without costing them their waivers position (no players delisted tomorrow night will be available until following weeks waivers)

i honestly dont care about that waiver anymore, i do agree the rule needs to be changed though.

1. No probs
2. Not sure why this rule needs to be created. If you put in a waiver claim that's successful, then your delisted player
is just that - delisted. What's the reasoning behind manually changing that to another player ? Sounds a little funky to me.
3. Yep that works

* Yep, Cursing should get his funds back for the UF payment from the prize pool *

** As for the money pool, I'm in but how does one send the moola ?? Can I paypal someone ?

1. No probs
2. Not sure why this rule needs to be created. If you put in a waiver claim that's successful, then your delisted player
is just that - delisted. What's the reasoning behind manually changing that to another player ? Sounds a little funky to me.
3. Yep that works

* Yep, Cursing should get his funds back for the UF payment from the prize pool *

** As for the money pool, I'm in but how does one send the moola ?? Can I paypal someone ?
I do wonder if we should allow teams to change their delisted player following a successful waivers bid - I went for 5 players last night and so had to select 5 different players to delist. I've been left with a guy who probably should have been first gone where there's a couple of speculative guys I let go who could have a good JLT2 and be back on my want list.

At the moment delisted players from other teams won't immediately go into FA - they'd be available for waivers the following week instead. It would give plenty of time for teams to flag the change to delisting and we could manually change via UF - what do people think?
This was the justification for the delisted player change rule change

It stands up in my view with no impact on anything else - also matches what we were able to do on the forum - choose who to cut when we knew who we'd got.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back