SCHOOL FOOTBALL 2009 - Movers and shakers

Remove this Banner Ad

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Am looking to really get in depth next year, in terms of watching school football, and watching draft hopefulls, was just wondering if any one can give me some info on some of the hot teams from this year, and the players who will be playing next year, just so I can start a bit of a profile on some. i know its early, but am trying to get into the recruiting game, and i know its hard work, so am starting now.

thanks guys...

HFF_07

next year from grammar and scotch, i can name a few up and comers:

1) Steven May, is only in year 10 at the moment and is going to be an absolute superstar...great goalkicker
2) Alex Kieth, light frame but great timing and positioning, quite tall, will fill out to be quite an imposing player in the next two years he has in the APS...can play a number of positions
3) Longy...very slight but very corageous defender..watch this space. he was best on ground a few times throughout last year as a year 11
4) Patrick Heenan...extremey agile/great lateral movement. could get picked up this year in the draft..plays sometimes as a loose man off half back...can also be a handy goalsneak
5) Sam Goddard...very skilful hard at it player
6) Luke Mitchell...another very threatening forward, great pair of hands, good size
7) Ben Sinclair...i've seen him play accross half back and from what i saw, he could be a very dominant player next year
8) Jack Watts obviously, look out for him, but he will have already been recruited

good luck
im sure you will get more help with the xaviers and skevs and haileburys etc

Scotch - not sure of any stand outs but a few good players I remember from earlier this year. I know I'm forgetting a few of there big blokes, a read head and some others, might have to wait until next year when kids from the school come back on. Also not having a go at anyone but I'm sure they will find some indigenous talent. Speaking of which May from Grammar is a star in the making.

Mitch Woods - tough, strong, versatile player
Seb Woodard - Very fast, will do damage
Charlie Maguiness - solid player
Ben Sinclair - another good player, nice footy pedigree as well
Jamie Macmillan - can play but is constantly injured

i'd say the only ones really that could be lloked at for the draft from scotch are woodard who is young for year 11 and woods who is very good and played in year 10 both quick midfielders
from grammar i'd say May is the best chance with mitchell close behind whose young for year 11. they are both tall forwards with good hands and may can do what ever he wants and play where ever he wants he is so good.
keath could be drafted and is in the AIS squad year 10
Heenan-is pretty determined to make it and could get drafted this year. has everything really but a left foot which has gotten better and his work ethic and endurance onfield which is both improving. could be a star. but still really skinny
long- really too skinny and is year 11 age but did year 12 this year doing year 12 over t years and will be an even better player next year

SKEVES have alot of gun players alll who have massive chances of getting drafted in the 2009 2010 and all of them have spoken with AFL clubs over the past few years. here are a few in no particular order:

Josh Purcell- (Vic rep, tall, strong, great athletic big man, plays mid and forward and can be thrown down back also, very fit 15+ beep. 09 draft)
Jacab Castricum- ( Vic rep, tall very athletic ruckman who moves beautifully like a dean cox in his abililty around the ground. 09 draft)
Jarryd Cachia- ( Vic rep, strong, tough midfielder, former vic captain, great mark and good contested ball winner. 09 draft.)
Mitch Wallis- ( Vic rep, strong, outside player, smart midfielder, kicks goals, beautiful kick, son of former bulldogs captain steve, father son possibility. 2010 draft)
Tom Liberatore- ( Vic rep, strong, tough, in and under midfielder, uses the ball well good at stoppages and centre breaks, son of former bulldog brownlow medalist tony, possible father son. 2010 draft)
Dylan Conway- ( Vic rep, strong. tall, good mover, lovely kick, smart, marking foward, exceptional talent. 2010 draft)
Tom Nicholls- ( Vic rep, 200+cm ruckman, very athletic, good moving ball winner, dean cox like, bottom age representative also. 2010 draft.)

OUTSIDE CHANCES:
James Grinter- ( good TAC player, marking forward, very strong and tough, so of former melbourne great and AFL tough man Rod. 2010 draft)
Josh Griffiths- ( Good TAC player, athletic, smart, halfback/midfielder, tall, good ball user and finder. 09 draft.)

Nb: will have more to come in the next few months/ years (2011 draft)

SKEVES have alot of gun players alll who have massive chances of getting drafted in the 2009 2010 and all of them have spoken with AFL clubs over the past few years. here are a few in no particular order:

Josh Purcell- (Vic rep, tall, strong, great athletic big man, plays mid and forward and can be thrown down back also, very fit 15+ beep. 09 draft)
Jacab Castricum- ( Vic rep, tall very athletic ruckman who moves beautifully like a dean cox in his abililty around the ground. 09 draft)
Jarryd Cachia- ( Vic rep, strong, tough midfielder, former vic captain, great mark and good contested ball winner. 09 draft.)
Mitch Wallis- ( Vic rep, strong, outside player, smart midfielder, kicks goals, beautiful kick, son of former bulldogs captain steve, father son possibility. 2010 draft)
Tom Liberatore- ( Vic rep, strong, tough, in and under midfielder, uses the ball well good at stoppages and centre breaks, son of former bulldog brownlow medalist tony, possible father son. 2010 draft)
Dylan Conway- ( Vic rep, strong. tall, good mover, lovely kick, smart, marking foward, exceptional talent. 2010 draft)
Tom Nicholls- ( Vic rep, 200+cm ruckman, very athletic, good moving ball winner, dean cox like, bottom age representative also. 2010 draft.)

OUTSIDE CHANCES:
James Grinter- ( good TAC player, marking forward, very strong and tough, so of former melbourne great and AFL tough man Rod. 2010 draft)
Josh Griffiths- ( Good TAC player, athletic, smart, halfback/midfielder, tall, good ball user and finder. 09 draft.)

Nb: will have more to come in the next few months/ years (2011 draft)

will broadhurst, his comeback is gaining momentum. next adam goodes.

7) Ben Sinclair...i've seen him play accross half back and from what i saw, he could be a very dominant player next year

I am just wondering is he the Same on that the Pies Drafted this year?

and

What are your thoughts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

SCHOOL FOOTBALL 2009 - Movers and shakers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back