School football vs tac cup football

Remove this Banner Ad

TAC cup is clearly a better standard but the system works reasonably well at the moment now anyway

a) when the guns are off playing school football, lesser known players get an opportunity to prove themselves at TAC cup level.. (after all it is a development league, who wins doesn't really matter.. well it does but it's definitely not the number 1 purpose of the league)

b) most of the kids who play school footy usually get a chance to play at least 4 or 5 games for their TAC cup side anyway (and they always get to play finals because of the APS's etc. scheduling

i reckon the system is fine the way it is.. gives more kids an opportunity and the schools can still have their own competitions which is a great part of melbourne's history..

(i'll admit though, the scholarship thing is definitely getting out of hand)

Being a Beda boy, seem to recall a few seasons back where St Bedes played Haileybury in a praccy match and gave them a fair touch up.

Most of our players are pinched by the big rich schools who wipe their asses with money. Thats why the ACC standard may not be as good.

Otherwise, plenty of good footy played in ACC. :thumbsu:

i agree, i know de la this year played xavier and carey and box hill in praccy matches, won all three. i wouldnt say acc isnt that bad standard.

Both the APS and TAC Cup are great systems that gives the opportunity for kids to get picked up. APS gets a fair bit of publicity from recruiters, my mate who got picked up by hawthorn said they watched him play every APS game. Should APS kids not be allwoed to play TAC Cup at all, that way giving value to their school whose invested in them but also giving less known kids an opportunity in the TAC league. thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

School football vs tac cup football

Remove this Banner Ad

Back