Scotch Vs Haileybury - Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Gravy133 said:
I'm not saying that Scotch have an easy run or anything, but the reality is that Geelong are going into the game against Xavs as pretty heavy favourites.

Although, having said that, I seem to remember a certain team that played Geelong a couple of weeks back that were supposedly easy favourites themselves, at least according to some Irony bloke or whatever!

hahaaaa u got owned irony dont see no comeback.

Irony said:
Haileybury will have far more supporters at this game than Scotch will, purely because they have better spirit. Haileybury is expecting about 300+ supporters there not including parents of the players.

So Scotch crowd i dare u to get all rowdy again and abuse all the players while they are on the field cause our crowd will be happy to beat the fu.ck out of all your crowd. Our supporters wont be outnumbered this time so watch out u weak pieces of sh1t Scotch borders!

The only way you guys would get 300+ supporters is by giving out 'supporters scholarships'. But knowning H$ileybury you probely will.

By the way Gravy is dominating you!!!

Irony said:
Actually Gravy, if Xavier beat Geelong and Haileybury beat Scotch then Haileybury win the premiership outright, because they beat Scotch. So Scotch have everything to play for. Dont talk on this website unless u have a clue what is going on!

um im pretty sure gravy knows what hes talking about compared to u. nobody respects anything that comes out of that cheating purple school called haileybury

Irony said:
Haileybury will have far more supporters at this game than Scotch will, purely because they have better spirit. Haileybury is expecting about 300+ supporters there not including parents of the players.

So Scotch crowd i dare u to get all rowdy again and abuse all the players while they are on the field cause our crowd will be happy to beat the fu.ck out of all your crowd. Our supporters wont be outnumbered this time so watch out u weak pieces of sh1t Scotch borders!

ahaha irony seriously man, some of the **** that comes out of your mouth... like do you actually realise what you are saying????? you idiot

question...
is there anyone who actually wants haileybury to win (obviously apart from the haileybury team and students)?
Like is there anyone from other schools who actually doesnt want to see scotch absolutley tear haileybury and their super cool purple jumpers apart?

well i go to haileybury and im completely ashamed of what my school does it is just basically cheating. for sportsmanship sake and fairness i hope we get smashed by scotch.

Irony said:
Haileyburys Team

FB: Luxa, Erikson, Tunik
That backline will struggle against the might of Jacobs, Sherwen, Rioli's, Brougham's, Scheetz. The depth goes on and on.
The irony is that my mail has it that M.Tunik has had concentration issues leading up to this weeks match. I hope this does effect his performance....

ulbsismassive said:
question...
is there anyone who actually wants haileybury to win (obviously apart from the haileybury team and students)?
Like is there anyone from other schools who actually doesnt want to see scotch absolutley tear haileybury and their super cool purple jumpers apart?

Unfortunately GC need them to win, so we don't really want then to win, but we need them too.

Belly said:
Unfortunately GC need them to win, so we don't really want then to win, but we need them too.

but if the xavs beat geelong today and the scotch vs hc was on saturday... you would go for scotch right?

hmmm, even though i'm still waiting for a comeback from a certain Haileyburian (First letter 'I', sounds like. . . um. . . Tyrony?), I'll break my silence to speak about this weekends big game, because, even though everyone's playing, the important match is, all personal school pride aside, Scotch vs Haileybury. Obviously there's been a fair bit said about the two teams, and the over-whelming bias on big footy is towards Scotch, and, somewhat predictably, this is where i too am throwing my vote, for a number of reasons.
1) Despite what anybody on this forum says, the school spirit of Scotch (or just about any other team), is greater than the spirit of Haileybury. I'm not saying that HC's sense of passion is non-existent, because out on the field they are as willing to go in as anybody else, but i think it's more important in the lead-up. every week we get posts from haileybury boys about how much they're going to flog the opposition, and it even continues when they fail to deliver. On the other hand, this habit is far less widespread amongst other aps schools. this attitude can in no way be described as positive school spirit.

2) The premiership means more to Scotch than it does to Haileybury. True, HC has won the past two footy flags, along with titles in countless other areas, but what does that actually mean to the school? Who has actually won the flags? Certainly not HC boys that have been at the school since year 4 or 5, and have a true passion for their school (although i'm sure there are a few like that, erikson for instance), but instead it has been largely based on the performance of boys that have been at the school for only a couple of years at the most. do you think that the flag means anywhere near as much to these kids, who must realise that they are only really hired guns? i don't think so.

3) Scotch are playing in the knowledge that they deserve the flag. Even if HC win, they will have lost two games during the season, and Scotch will have only lost one. nobody would truly argue that HC deserve it more than SC. that has been the major flaw in the new system, and i have it from an excellent source that this may be the 'one and only' for the pool concept.

4) Lastly, because anybody reading this is probably ridiculously bored by now, Scotch will beat Haileybury because the Scotch boys haven't been on big footy all week wasting time posting comments about how much they'll win by, and how 17 out of 21 scholarships 'isn't too many'

Good luck to both sides, i suppose, but really, more to scotch. this will probably be the only time that anybody hears me say this ever, but come on scotch, win it for the true spirit of the aps.

woah, talk about getting stuff of your chest!

ulbsismassive said:
but if the xavs beat geelong today and the scotch vs hc was on saturday... you would go for scotch right?

Correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

chooker said:
That backline will struggle against the might of Jacobs, Sherwen, Rioli's, Brougham's, Scheetz. The depth goes on and on.
The irony is that my mail has it that M.Tunik has had concentration issues leading up to this weeks match. I hope this does effect his performance....

Ironic, isn't it? I too agree that guys like Erriksen and Tunik will struggle when it matters most, against quality opposition.

That Tunik kid struggled last time against Scotch College too, so someone told me.

what makes you say erikson will struggle, played 10 minutes against scotch last time before coming off injured and didnt play badly against them last year. with alot of players coming back into the side, a majority of them backline players i can't see the backline struggling, especially considering when the two teams met last time it was scotch's midfield that overran us, not their forward line.

Footsteps8 said:
what makes you say erikson will struggle, played 10 minutes against scotch last time before coming off injured and didnt play badly against them last year. with alot of players coming back into the side, a majority of them backline players i can't see the backline struggling, especially considering when the two teams met last time it was scotch's midfield that overran us, not their forward line.

....and Tunik?

Footsteps, will you be attending Saturday's game?

yeh i'll be there pal, we might bump into each other, wuldnt that be lovely. tunik has been playing well of late, was easily one of haileybury's best last week against xavier, who pushed scotch to within 4 points, which must warrant them as quality opposition.

Gravy133 said:
hmmm, even though i'm still waiting for a comeback from a certain Haileyburian (First letter 'I', sounds like. . . um. . . Tyrony?), I'll break my silence to speak about this weekends big game, because, even though everyone's playing, the important match is, all personal school pride aside, Scotch vs Haileybury. Obviously there's been a fair bit said about the two teams, and the over-whelming bias on big footy is towards Scotch, and, somewhat predictably, this is where i too am throwing my vote, for a number of reasons.
1) Despite what anybody on this forum says, the school spirit of Scotch (or just about any other team), is greater than the spirit of Haileybury. I'm not saying that HC's sense of passion is non-existent, because out on the field they are as willing to go in as anybody else, but i think it's more important in the lead-up. every week we get posts from haileybury boys about how much they're going to flog the opposition, and it even continues when they fail to deliver. On the other hand, this habit is far less widespread amongst other aps schools. this attitude can in no way be described as positive school spirit.

2) The premiership means more to Scotch than it does to Haileybury. True, HC has won the past two footy flags, along with titles in countless other areas, but what does that actually mean to the school? Who has actually won the flags? Certainly not HC boys that have been at the school since year 4 or 5, and have a true passion for their school (although i'm sure there are a few like that, erikson for instance), but instead it has been largely based on the performance of boys that have been at the school for only a couple of years at the most. do you think that the flag means anywhere near as much to these kids, who must realise that they are only really hired guns? i don't think so.

3) Scotch are playing in the knowledge that they deserve the flag. Even if HC win, they will have lost two games during the season, and Scotch will have only lost one. nobody would truly argue that HC deserve it more than SC. that has been the major flaw in the new system, and i have it from an excellent source that this may be the 'one and only' for the pool concept.

4) Lastly, because anybody reading this is probably ridiculously bored by now, Scotch will beat Haileybury because the Scotch boys haven't been on big footy all week wasting time posting comments about how much they'll win by, and how 17 out of 21 scholarships 'isn't too many'

Good luck to both sides, i suppose, but really, more to scotch. this will probably be the only time that anybody hears me say this ever, but come on scotch, win it for the true spirit of the aps.

Gravvy... hhmmm! couldnt agree with you more! keep up the good work!
This is tyhr only time i will ever say this! GO SCOTCH! as i hate haileybury! they should be booted from the APS.

gormanisahack said:
well i go to haileybury and im completely ashamed of what my school does it is just basically cheating. for sportsmanship sake and fairness i hope we get smashed by scotch.
I don't believe for one minute you really go to Haileybury. But if you do, and you feel the way you do, you could always leave. How about identifying yourself to Lynch or Pullyblank in the unlikely circumstances that you are at Haileybury

SCARD said:
I don't believe for one minute you really go to Haileybury. But if you do, and you feel the way you do, you could always leave. How about identifying yourself to Lynch or Pullyblank in the unlikely circumstances that you are at Haileybury
What's that marshmellow gonna do?

Gravy133 said:

Talk about hitting the nail on the head :thumbsu:

I was referring to the adult Lynch, not the player. But it is irrelevant for Gormanisahack is not a Haileybury student.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scotch Vs Haileybury - Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back