Scott on Carey - Hun story

Remove this Banner Ad

One was a superstar, the other 'just' a partner of a AFL player - ie; a nobody.

I totally agree with you Tas about your thought pattern, completely unfair, but thats not how the media works.........

you really think so??????

And the repercussions for her were what? She kept her marriage, more fool him I say and has suffered none of the scrutiny Wayne has for the last 10 years over that incident.
Like I said Wayne wasnt the first and I am tipping that leopard wont ever change her spots

He said he likes that aspect of catching up with the guys but he doesn't look forward to them and the players find them awkward. That is a sad state for a multiple premiership era group of players.

tbh even as a supporter I have found the whole scenario awkward, hard to deal with, hard to figure out what i feel exactly or understand the players. It takes two to tango and they have strung up one party and have forgiven the other, the one that made commitments.

If it was me, I would be more filthy with my partner than my friend.

I'm not entirely sure whether you are talking about the players or the supporters or the media or the club or the wider footy community when you say they have strung up one party. Either way, I suggest Kelli Stevens has suffered a good deal within her own world, even if you don't see it played out on page one. Not that I'm excusing her choices, just noting that life most certainly would not have been a bed of roses for her since that fateful day.

Wayne did not abuse a woman by having consensual sex with her.

Wayne once touched a woman on her breast and made an unsavory remark.

He also allegedly abused a woman in a domestic dispute, but I don't know if there is any factual data to support this notion.

However, this hasn't stopped his ongoing crucifixion.

Matthew Scarlett on the other hand DID assault a male in a football match a couple of weeks ago, which was witnessed by the entire country. I look forward to the Geelong coach, Chris Scott, coming forward and making a statement that this is a stigma Matthew is going to have to carry with him for the rest of his life. I mean......won't anybody think about the children?

Wayne did not abuse a woman by having consensual sex with her.

Wayne once touched a woman on her breast and made an unsavory remark.

He also allegedly abused a woman in a domestic dispute, but I don't know if there is any factual data to support this notion.

However, this hasn't stopped his ongoing crucifixion.

Matthew Scarlett on the other hand DID assault a male in a football match a couple of weeks ago, which was witnessed by the entire country. I look forward to the Geelong coach, Chris Scott, coming forward and making a statement that this is a stigma Matthew is going to have to carry with him for the rest of his life. I mean......won't anybody think about the children?

So there it is. Carey has had at least three separate charges for assault against women (involving punching, glassing, and the infamous grab), and two for assaulting police. But **** it, he's the greatest footballer we've ever seen, they are probably making it up, might have deserved it, no evidence, poor Wayne.
How dare people mention it? His feelings might be hurt.

One in three Tef. One in three. You ok with that? You ok that a guy the size of Wayne might use his fists or a bottle or a broken glass to settle his frustrations with a woman? Wayne's clearly not ok with it - he's had counselling for it. The white ribbon ambassadors at North aren't ok with it either.

I know that I'm killing the mood here, but you know what? There are bigger issues than how we remember Wayne.

So there it is. Carey has had at least three separate charges for assault against women (involving punching, glassing, and the infamous grab), and two for assaulting police. But **** it, he's the greatest footballer we've ever seen, they are probably making it up, might have deserved it, no evidence, poor Wayne.
How dare people mention it? His feelings might be hurt.

Do you know the difference between a conviction and a charge?

As for "making it up", are you suggesting that scorned individuals will not lie to bring someone down?

One in three Tef. One in three. You ok with that? You ok that a guy the size of Wayne might use his fists or a bottle or a broken glass to settle his frustrations with a woman?

It's insulting and infantile that you would even throw that at me.

I refuse to answer it.

You clearly have a barrow to push.

Wayne's clearly not ok with it - he's had counselling for it. The white ribbon ambassadors at North aren't ok with it either.

As far as I'm concerned the LLC can piss off somewhere else once it starts interfering with the harmony of the club and becomes a vehicle for certain persons to push their own personal barrows at the expense of our own people.

Wayne hasn't paid his price for his indiscretions?

He's just bloody convenient, that's all it is, and that's what makes it all the more hard hearted and bloody minded by those who would engineer these things.

I know that I'm killing the mood here, but you know what? There are bigger issues than how we remember Wayne.

The ongoing public crucifixion of a single man for the crimes of all men against women is a disgraceful way to treat a legend of this football club.

He messed up, he has paid with a public shaming campaign that I would dare to venture has never been seen before in the history of this nation.

It's now becoming nothing more than an exercise in cruelty.

Find another poster boy.

And the repercussions for her were what? She kept her marriage, more fool him I say and has suffered none of the scrutiny Wayne has for the last 10 years over that incident.
I could be wrong, but I've heard that the marriage hasn't survived. The woman's name is mud in many circles around the land. You know, where a bloke who sleeps around is a stud, and a girl who sleeps around is a ****. I wouldn't say she's got off scott-free.

I could be wrong, but I've heard that the marriage hasn't survived. The woman's name is mud in many circles around the land. You know, where a bloke who sleeps around is a stud, and a girl who sleeps around is a ****. I wouldn't say she's got off scott-free.

I was going to ask you Adrian, and this is off topic, are you a Herbie Hancock fan? I've got some fantastic material you'd love to hear.

The issue here is Carey. Carey sells papers.

Carey is bigger than the game, I have no doubt now.

Why can't they let him be for crying out loud? He's NOT a pedophile, murderer nor corrupt politician FFS!! Disappointing that whenever something about violence against women arises in the media with certain public figures, Carey is a sitting duck (pardon the pun) for more bad publicity. :(

Where is the untold story of his work with kids with disabilities?

I have read this whole thread and IMHO it's simply a club initiation (obligation) still 'reeling'? from the 'Chicken sexgate saga' nothing to do with Carey. :rolleyes:

I can understand why folk are unimpressed with Brad Scott needing to make mention of Carey but the bottom line is that without Carey, the media got NOTHING to write home about. Simple as that.

If they were making a video about gambling David Schwarz would be named.
Drugs, Ben Cousins
Steriod use, Justin Charles.
General ******** behaviour, Fev.
Self loving, Bereton

Brad Scott only used the best example given the topic he was talking about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they were making a video about gambling David Schwarz would be named.
Drugs, Ben Cousins
Steriod use, Justin Charles.
General ******** behaviour, Fev.
Self loving, Bereton

Brad Scott only used the best example given the topic he was talking about.

I'm sure Adam Simpson appreciates Carey a lil' more than most. ;)

How about lying drunks? Didak, Heathy Shaw? Surely!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott on Carey - Hun story

Remove this Banner Ad

Back