SE Asian holiday in July?

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 3, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Are there any good areas in SE Asia to go to around July-ish? From what i'v heard, most areas are in monsoon during this time. But i want to go away for a few weeks in my mid-semester break from uni.

I've already been to Vietnam, so i'd rather go somewhere else this time :thumbsu:

Go to India it will be the monsoons but its beautiful during the monsoons. Also will be hot and humid as well, check out this site www.indiamike.com has a lot of good info. Also it is the off peak season in India so things will be extremely cheap.

Are there any good areas in SE Asia to go to around July-ish? From what i'v heard, most areas are in monsoon during this time. But i want to go away for a few weeks in my mid-semester break from uni.

I've already been to Vietnam, so i'd rather go somewhere else this time :thumbsu:

July is actually the driest month (this is a relative thing as it still rains) in Kuala Lumpur & Singapore....

So maybe a trip to Malaysia and Singapore would be the go around then. Similarly you could duck over to Indonesia (Sumatra perhaps...) - even Bali has July & August as lowest rainfall months....

i have been to Thailand twice, both in July/August and had great weather both times, maybe we were just lucky. . admittedly it was only phuket, still great fun nonetheless!

i have been to Thailand twice, both in July/August and had great weather both times, maybe we were just lucky. . admittedly it was only phuket, still great fun nonetheless!

Just heard that Bangkok in July is unbearable....i'd want to see some city as well.

India....pretty expensive isn't it? I'm a uni student with a part-time job...don't really have access to that much money. Ditto Singapore.

Malaysia sounds interesting...

Just heard that Bangkok in July is unbearable....i'd want to see some city as well.

India....pretty expensive isn't it? I'm a uni student with a part-time job...don't really have access to that much money. Ditto Singapore.

Malaysia sounds interesting...

Well in India you can have a all you can eat dinner for 2 people for about $4 AUD

Fly to KL with air asia for about $750 return. Malaysia should be pretty good around that time & from there the whole of asia opens up with cheap flights available from KL.

I've never met a young person that had anything good to say about Singapore. I've met a lot that hated it.

Singapore is absolute shit. So expensive. Malaysia is my 2nd favourite Asian Country to Vietnam. Go to KL for 5 days or so, Kota Kinabalu for a week or so, clim the volcano, lay around the beach. Penang or Langkawi also good but more touristy.

EDIT: I'm not to sure how hot KL will be in June but in August/September through to early November I have worn jeans out during the day.

Generally speaking on the Malay peninsula (Singapore, Malaysia, southern Thailand), the monsoons hit either east or west coast (depending on the time of year), with the other being fine.

Accommodation is generally pretty cheap (cheaper than I seem able to find for Vietnam). Travel costs are cheap, air-con buses are good value.
Food is great and cheap, even in Malaysia's Cameron Highlands - itself a great escape from the humidity - its possible to get a decent basic feed for a couple of dollars.
Not much over $1 can get a basic, tasty, and healthy meal in Thailand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

SE Asian holiday in July?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back