Remove this Banner Ad

Qsaint

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 6, 2004
Brisvegas
AFL Club
St Kilda
The Brisbane v St kilda game has no General Admision left, price are $35 to $100 a seat. RL tickets for the Bronco's by the way are $21 to $41.

littleduck said:
What were Lions general admission?
Tell me more about these $100 seats.

$100 seat you get waiter service, a padded seat and of course a record.

GA is a reserved seat according to Ticketmaster 7, they have restricted view tickets but no price yet.

Qsaint said:
$100 seat you get waiter service, a padded seat and of course a record.

GA is a reserved seat according to Ticketmaster 7, they have restricted view tickets but no price yet.

GA is sold in two ways

If you are a GA member = Tickets go onsale the Wed before the match and each member can take in three none members.

If you are not a GA member = Pot luck and line up on the day and hope you get in.

This came about because of the Carlton match where all tickets were sold 2 hrs before match and my two boys, who are GA members could not get in. This is a better arrangment and rewards people who decided to take out membership even if it is GA and be sure to egt a seat. There is extra cost involved due to them being a ticketed seat and having to book.

cheers

Dave

I heard on SEN that the Broncos had requested the time of their match be moved as they didn't want to go head-to-head with the Lions V Saints match. Can anyone confirm that?

dclnmurray said:
GA is sold in two ways

If you are a GA member = Tickets go onsale the Wed before the match and each member can take in three none members.

If you are not a GA member = Pot luck and line up on the day and hope you get in.

This came about because of the Carlton match where all tickets were sold 2 hrs before match and my two boys, who are GA members could not get in. This is a better arrangment and rewards people who decided to take out membership even if it is GA and be sure to egt a seat. There is extra cost involved due to them being a ticketed seat and having to book.

cheers

Dave

I new that they held back tickets for members, but how many is that? Does it vary depending on the game? Not being a Brisbane supporter and the company I worked for last year had a corporate QCC membership so I never had to worry about GA.

Grimfang said:
I heard on SEN that the Broncos had requested the time of their match be moved as they didn't want to go head-to-head with the Lions V Saints match. Can anyone confirm that?

When is the Lions V St Kilda game?

This sunday the Broncos V Bulldogs game has sold about 30,000 tickets already!

Qsaint said:
I new that they held back tickets for members, but how many is that? Does it vary depending on the game? Not being a Brisbane supporter and the company I worked for last year had a corporate QCC membership so I never had to worry about GA.

Not sure but with the letter we received the perception was that all tickets are available for sale from Wed and then what is not presold goes up available on the day. Could be wrong.

cheers

Dave

Grimfang said:
Wrong. Kickoff is 3pm. This cannot be changed. There is no need anyway. The Broncos are expecting their biggest crowd of the year. Much bigger than the Lions are expecting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LebaneseForces said:
When is the Lions V St Kilda game?

This sunday the Broncos V Bulldogs game has sold about 30,000 tickets already!

Sunday 22nd of August. But I just checked the NRL fixturing and it says the Bronco's game is Saturday night. Just goes to show you shouldn't believe everything you hear!

littleduck said:
Wrong. Kickoff is 3pm. This cannot be changed. There is no need anyway. The Broncos are expecting their biggest crowd of the year. Much bigger than the Lions are expecting.

About time as the Lions have been pulling the much bigger crowds at a much smaller venue.
No doubt by the the tickets have sold for the Lions v Saints game they could have filled a 50,000 seater stadium easily.

Long queues for Lions-Saints clash
August 9, 2004 - 11:04AM

AFL fever hit Brisbane with long queues for seats to the Lions' round 21 clash with St Kilda at the Gabba on August 22.

A queue at the Lions AFL Shop stretched out into Stanley Street by the time the doors opened at 9am on Monday for tickets.

They were all sold by 9.22am.

A Brisbane spokesman said the tickets sold faster than either of the blockbuster Easter Thursday games against Collingwood over the past two years, which set new attendance records for a home-and-away match.

There were still restricted view tickets available, which will go on sale next Monday, along with any returned tickets from St Kilda's allocation.

A limited number of general admission tickets will go on sale at the Gabba at 9.40am on the morning of the game, but patrons will need to queue early.

The Lions-Saints clash will have an enormous bearing on whether either team finishes in the top two or top four, which provides a double chance in the finals series.

Grimfang said:
Sunday 22nd of August. But I just checked the NRL fixturing and it says the Bronco's game is Saturday night. Just goes to show you shouldn't believe everything you hear!
Seems to be a miscommunication.

Broncos have 2 home games remaining:
- Sunday August 15, 3pm kickoff, vs Canterbury Bulldogs
- vs Wests Tigers, not sure when..

The Broncos blockbuster seems to be a different weekend to the Lions blockbuster, but the Wests Tigers game could be on the same night?

littleduck said:
Seems to be a miscommunication.

Broncos have 2 home games remaining:
- Sunday August 15, 3pm kickoff, vs Canterbury Bulldogs
- vs Wests Tigers, not sure when..

The Broncos blockbuster seems to be a different weekend to the Lions blockbuster, but the Wests Tigers game could be on the same night?

Yup Wests on Saturday night

When it was said over SEN; I think it was on "Behind Enemy Lines", one of Francis Leach's segments; all they said was that the Broncos had requested to move their game that went head-to-head with the Lions V Saints game. I took it to mean that it was on the same day and at the same time.

Looking at the NRL fixture that would be Rd.24:Broncos V Tigers. But that is listed as a Saturday night game whereas the Lions V Saints is a Sunday game. :confused: Sounds like miscommunication all around. I apologise for any I have caused.

Grimfang said:
When it was said over SEN; I think it was on "Behind Enemy Lines", one of Francis Leach's segments; all they said was that the Broncos had requested to move their game that went head-to-head with the Lions V Saints game. I took it to mean that it was on the same day and at the same time.

Looking at the NRL fixture that would be Rd.24:Broncos V Tigers. But that is listed as a Saturday night game whereas the Lions V Saints is a Sunday game. :confused: Sounds like miscommunication all around. I apologise for any I have caused.

I am not 100% sure maybe littleduck or someone can confirm, but RL games are not set in timeslots, CH 9 can choose which game they want and change the time of it to suit several weeks out. So there could be some truth to the rumour.

Qsaint said:
I am not 100% sure maybe littleduck or someone can confirm, but RL games are not set in timeslots, CH 9 can choose which game they want and change the time of it to suit several weeks out. So there could be some truth to the rumour.

Channel 9 choose there friday night (7.30pm) and sunday (3pm) games! The rest are choosen by the NRL/Fox i think. That is all decided 5 weeks in advance.

LebaneseForces said:
Channel 9 choose there friday night (7.30pm) and sunday (3pm) games! The rest are choosen by the NRL/Fox i think. That is all decided 5 weeks in advance.

What about getting the replay (after Fox show it) at 7.30 Saturday Night, they have been doing that into Brisbane alot lately. As with this game Wests v Bronco's can 9/ARL influence that?

But it could have been the 3pm Sunday game, and 9 and the ARL choose not to go up against the AFL, and go with a more sydney orientated game?

Qsaint said:
What about getting the replay (after Fox show it) at 7.30 Saturday Night, they have been doing that into Brisbane alot lately. As with this game Wests v Bronco's can 9/ARL influence that?

But it could have been the 3pm Sunday game, and 9 and the ARL choose not to go up against the AFL, and go with a more sydney orientated game?
All is locked in 5 weeks in advance. The Broncos may have requested 5 weeks in advance of the game when the draw was done that they would prefer to avoid the Lions St Kilda game. That's possible and would make sense.

And the channel 9 Saturday Night Football games recently involving the Broncos are possible on each ocassion the Broncos have a Saturday night game, either at home or away. However, 9 cannot telecast the match until it has concluded as a live game on foxsporst. Meaning if the Broncos kickoff at 5.30 and its telecast live on foxspots, then 9 has every right to televise it at 7.30 on 9. Likewise, if the Broncos are live on foxsports at 7.30, 9 has every right to televise it at 9.30. 9 have been televising the Broncos on Saturday night for years under the same arrangement, it's nothing new.

Remove this Banner Ad

SE Qld RL heartland

Remove this Banner Ad

Back