Seagulls at the 'G'

Remove this Banner Ad

As long as they pay to get in then I dont mind
Leave the game alone !
Just fine them, they won't touch the field again
Three great comments that deserve a thumbs up :thumbsu:

I was watching the game and the gulls were mostly where the play wasn't.
Well that's where you're wrong. It wouldn't be an issue if they were not interfering with the play and in the line of vision, particularly the TV angle.

art-wbSEAGULL-420x0.jpg

For such a supposed non-issue, many articles over the weekend made reference to the seagulls, and Stephen Gough has been on multiple radio stations this week to discuss the matter. And as LocalBomber posted before, the MCC are treating the matter seriously, and while constrained by the Department of Sustainability and Environment, are looking at a number of solutions.

PS: And yeah I know I'm having a good old whinge about it, I wish I could enjoy the game and tolerate the flying vermin, but if they're in view, to me, it spoils my viewing enjoyment.

The seagulls dont really bother me, but Id pay extra to watch a couple of eagles soar through the sky at the G, the piercing sound when they scream, watching all the seagulls fly for their lives as one swoops with terrifying speed and hits one at full tilt and splits it to bits on contact, then the next one diving with a high pitched screach of approval taking its turn, great pre Grand Final entertainment I reckon. Much better than the parrachutists, actually at the same time even better...:thumbsu:

Three great comments that deserve a thumbs up :thumbsu:

Well that's where you're wrong. It wouldn't be an issue if they were not interfering with the play and in the line of vision, particularly the TV angle.

art-wbSEAGULL-420x0.jpg

For such a supposed non-issue, many articles over the weekend made reference to the seagulls, and Stephen Gough has been on multiple radio stations this week to discuss the matter. And as LocalBomber posted before, the MCC are treating the matter seriously, and while constrained by the Department of Sustainability and Environment, are looking at a number of solutions.

PS: And yeah I know I'm having a good old whinge about it, I wish I could enjoy the game and tolerate the flying vermin, but if they're in view, to me, it spoils my viewing enjoyment.

The MCG has had a magpie problem for many years.

They can't get the bloody things to leave!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am a little bit non-plussed about the use of the Eagles - are they going to have their wings clipped or something? Otherwise I am not sure how exactly they are going to be able to stop them from attacking a seagull.

Goes into more detail on the AFL Website;

Two raptors will sit on the opposite stands of the MCG for both preliminary finals in a bid to scare off the hoards of gulls that blanketed the ground last Friday night during the Hawthorn-Sydney Swans semi final.

The wedge-tailed eagles will be tethered to their handlers and will not be allowed to fly around the ground.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/124001/default.aspx

Remove this Banner Ad

Seagulls at the 'G'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back