Toast Sean Dempster retires.

Remove this Banner Ad

Barrett doesn't make it sound like its just him being disappointed about being dropped but something else?

Some of the ITKs were saying we convinced him to go around because he wanted to retire. So if it's true it's probably not a good look begging a club legend to go on (when hes just finished his degree as well) only to dump him in the ressies.

Anyway, hopefully Damian is just completely wrong as usual.
I think it is the frequent head hits he has suffered.
Copped a nasty one v Port.
Maybe he has been speaking with a Dr the last few weeks about this.

Well it certainly has its pros and cons I believe. I always believed Ross took it too far- especially when he just kept on picking Mini in particular (and maybe Eddy) in 2010 when he was clearly down on form/output from the previous year and wouldn't give anyone else a go, or to give him a wake-up call/let him find his best form in the VFL. Of course if you're only playing the same 22 all the time it also means that when you do need to make a change, whoever you bring in probably won't have much experience. I liked the way Bevo did it last year and also the way Geelong did it in their last premiership year.

1: Lyon didn't exactly have a deep talent pool to select from.

2: a settled 22 allows players to grow together and understand each other.

3. He had a preferred 25 iirc.

Biggest mistake was that we didn't refresh after 09 and even less so in 11.

It really gives me the s****s that these so-called journos ( gossip mongers) are so unaccountable for what they say. He definitely inferred last night that Sean was sooking over his non-selection and pretty much refused to play in the VFL.

So too, the early morning guys speculating on SEN without any of the facts.

Any apologies coming Sean's way? I'm not holding my breath! :mad:

Self righteous Garry Lyon said Dempster should be forced to play another week in the vfl for his dissent! expecting a retraction tomorrow . Not!!!

1: Lyon didn't exactly have a deep talent pool to select from.

2: a settled 22 allows players to grow together and understand each other.

3. He had a preferred 25 iirc.

Biggest mistake was that we didn't refresh after 09 and even less so in 11.
1: I realise that, but still, Armo, in his 4th year, only played 9 games- and only two after round 8 and Steven in his 2nd only 6, but even if you bring in someone who isn't quite as good at his best as Mini was at his best, getting Mini out of there could have been the thing that kick-started his season (and got some experience into whoever took his place, which would hold them in better stead in case they were needed later due to injury), rather than just have him continue to struggle all year and play all 25 games.

2: Sure, I realise that, hence saying there are pros and cons. On the flipside I think it increases the likelihood of everyone getting stale, as nothing is changing and of sucking the life and hope out of half the list, as they realise they will only get a game if someone gets injured, or their form drops away an extraordinary amount.

3. Probably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1: I realise that, but still, Armo, in his 4th year, only played 9 games- and only two after round 8 and Steven in his 2nd only 6, but even if you bring in someone who isn't quite as good at his best as Mini was at his best, getting Mini out of there could have been the thing that kick-started his season (and got some experience into whoever took his place, which would hold them in better stead in case they were needed later due to injury), rather than just have him continue to struggle all year and play all 25 games.

2: Sure, I realise that, hence saying there are pros and cons. On the flipside I think it increases the likelihood of everyone getting stale, as nothing is changing and of sucking the life and hope out of half the list, as they realise they will only get a game if someone gets injured, or their form drops away an extraordinary amount.

3. Probably.
Rightly or wrongly, he had set views about players capacity to perform 100% to instruction. Hence why Mini never list his spot. On the flip side he thought Ball would drop off when fatigued and was worried his opponent would run off him easily, hence his stubbornness St giving him extra game time in the GF.

Serious question. Why do people think Barrett dislikes our club?
Because one of our coaches refers to him as the Purple Headed Warrior

Because our club dislikes him and other gossip mongers and won't give him the respect he feels entitled to

Because we're better than his shitty minnow club even though they've had more success and we've had loads of scandals

Because Mother was once laughed at by the great man Trevor Barker at a Saints Disco when she tried to pash him

Because he's one of those slimy turds that sucks up to the playground bullies and laughs as they kick the weaker kids, even though they're too gutless to do it themselves

Because after getting drunk with Archie Fraser one night he invested his life savings in Linen House Oval

Because his only mate is Mr Big the party dwarf

Because he kept putting Tom Ledger in his supercoach team

Because he applied for a coaching position but Saints hired Tim Watson instead

Because he tried to get the great Joffa Cunningham to handball to him when he was a youngun and Joffa laughed and said "get ****ed you knock kneed little turnip"

Because he thinks it'll make Eddie MacGuire invite him to his exclusive cocktail parties

Because he is an a-grade, rusted on, deeply ingrained penis

Is it possible that Dempster has some mental problem possibly because he's coming to the end of his career and he doesn't know what he's going to do. In the statement they said he was seeing doctors but doesn't appear to have a physical problem others wise they would just say he's done his knee or something. I'm worried for him . Hope he hasn't developed depression, that would be awful way to end his career and so much trouble for his life after footy. Fingers crossed I'm totally wrong because he's been one of my favourite players since he came from the Swans .

Sent via HAL

Is it possible that Dempster has some mental problem possibly because he's coming to the end of his career and he doesn't know what he's going to do. In the statement they said he was seeing doctors but doesn't appear to have a physical problem others wise they would just say he's done his knee or something. I'm worried for him . Hope he hasn't developed depression, that would be awful way to end his career and so much trouble for his life after footy. Fingers crossed I'm totally wrong because he's been one of my favourite players since he came from the Swans .

Sent via HAL
Lol he's fully set up in a professional field, he's the last person to be worried about post-retirement, if anything he probably can't wait to get cracking.

Serious question. Why do people think Barrett dislikes our club?

I don't think he does. The way he works is simple & foul. Find a nugget of truth, than cover it in foul smelling shit. Makes for a big smelly story. Sure later it turns out that it was mostly made up rubbish. But if called on it he just points to the nugget of gold & says he was correct. Gets him noticed & a rep for breaking news (breaking wind news). But he does it to everybody, we just notice the St Kilda stories.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Sean Dempster retires.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back