Sean Wellman gets on board

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes me very happy. :thumbsu:

I am this happy.

katyperry.gif

Had to post again. :D

I would like to see Lappin, was an amazing player for what his attributes were and must be able to convey his experiences as a player in a learned fashion, if he is a good communicator he could be very worthwhile to our young list.

His attributes revolving around absolute cowardice?

Outside the club - Scott Burns, lacks experience though. I hope we don't sign Wallis, it would just seem like they are rounding up all the old school yard chums.

So thats Geelong and Melbourne we have now bent over, who is next?

Reckon Mark Harvey would be interested in assisting Hird? What about Dimma, he would be earning peanuts at tiggie land. We could dwarf them comfortably with a better offer. :D

I personally would like to see an experienced assistant coach come in, not an ex-senior coach. It could get to the stage where too many cooks spoil the broth, so to speak.

Im hoping we keep Richardson on board, otherwise someone like Brian Royal or Chris Bond would be good IMO, as they have good assistant coaching experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

awesome get.

Been impressed with Wellman's work at Melbourne. He has overseen Frawley and Garland's development from day 1, so he knows how to develop great defenders.

Also, Melbourne don't actually have the most talented players in defence (Rivers, MacDonald, Bartram, Warnock), yet they play as a unit. i hope our defence can be like that next year

100% agree with this post. I have been super impressed with Frawley and Garland particularly over the last few years. It was disgusting the end of last year to see Hooker and Hurley get put to the sword from a game plan that allowed them to be massacred by some of the best players in the comp.

LOL, gotta love the brain-dead bogans on the main board.

He's just a yes man apparently (whatever the hell that is anyway), as opposed to a good coach who'll just concentrate on the back 6.

With Hirdy preaching defence, pressure and clearences, and with Wellman on board, Hurley, Pears, Fletch, Hooker and co. must have the biggest smiles on their faces atm.

Brilliant. One of my favourite players and a fellow south aussie!
Loved watching him develop from a maligned player over here for the crows into an important part of one of the best sides ever at Essendon.

I personally would like to see an experienced assistant coach come in, not an ex-senior coach. It could get to the stage where too many cooks spoil the broth, so to speak.

Im hoping we keep Richardson on board, otherwise someone like Brian Royal or Chris Bond would be good IMO, as they have good assistant coaching experience.

As silly as it sounds

Senior Coach: James Hird
Senior Assistant Coach: Sean Wellman??n
Assistant Coaches: Simon Goodwin, Allan Richardson, ??

I could see Wellman as that senior assistant's role as he has been an assistant coach under a couple of good senior coaches..

I could see it working.

hi guys/gals this is my first post, n this forum rules!! :)

Its great to be amoungst so many Bomber fanatics with such love for the great game, that is AFL.

Im bloody pumped at the recent news! things are lookin good, couldnt be more proud of the club. Hird n Wellman back at windy hill wat a rippa!

UP THE BOMBERS!!!!

oh btw im suppost to hav an 'a' at the end of my name not an 'e' doh haha

hi guys/gals this is my first post, n this forum rules!! :)

Its great to be amoungst so many Bomber fanatics with such love for the great game, that is AFL.

Im bloody pumped at the recent news! things are lookin good, couldnt be more proud of the club. Hird n Wellman back at windy hill wat a rippa!

UP THE BOMBERS!!!!

oh btw im suppost to hav an 'a' at the end of my name not an 'e' doh haha

You can always just get another username.

How about Roger Van Der Hird?

Great news about Wellman. Along with Hardwick, Harvey, Foulds and Fletcher, he's one of our all-time greatest backman.

Pears, Hurley and Co will be learning from the master of the attacking defender play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sean Wellman gets on board

Remove this Banner Ad

Back