season 2009 starts now.

Remove this Banner Ad

He would definitely be a candidate Jack, but I also know that Mitta will more than likely shop around to see what is out there. I am sure they will also be looking at guys that will be able to bring more players to the club.

I am also impressed with what Thurgoona has done this year. I didn't expect them to be so consistent. This is probably the most consistent I have seen them over the past few years. From what I remember they haven't really copped any beltings this year (is this true?).

5 losses this year nirvana.. 2 pts Wah, 2 pts Beech, Kiewa 11 pts, Mitta 16 pts, Tall 18 pts. Probably the game they were the least in was Mitta at Eskdale, all other games either lost in dying minutes or teams (Kiewa/Tall) kicked away after being close all day.
Looking at that then I think they will be disappointed they havent been able to get across the line in a couple of extra games and be playing for a top 3 spot next couple of weeks. However, they should be confident that they can give the finals a real shake as any side in the top 5 I believe is capable! But always tough for any side from the elimination final.

My Tips for Round 17

Barnawartha by 62points over Chiltern
KSC by 24points over Wahgunyah
Mitta United by 17points over DMB
Tallangatta by alot over Wodonga
Yackandandah by 20points over Rutherglen (But I won't be surprised if Rutherglen cause an upset)
Beechworth

He would definitely be a candidate Jack, but I also know that Mitta will more than likely shop around to see what is out there. I am sure they will also be looking at guys that will be able to bring more players to the club.

I am also impressed with what Thurgoona has done this year. I didn't expect them to be so consistent. This is probably the most consistent I have seen them over the past few years. From what I remember they haven't really copped any beltings this year (is this true?).

It is great to see Thurgoona doing well atlhough it's been a good 3 or 4 years since Thurgoona got belted. Remember 2 years ago they missed the top 3 by percentage after losing only 3 games for the year.

OK you lot who is going to win the league B/F and Premiers.There must be someone watching footy in this league.
My tip would be Tyson Gorupic(Tallangatta) 2nd Brent Lillis(Yack) 3rd Brenton Surry(Beechworth). Ryan Richardson(Kiewa) may have a chance, but missed a few game. As for the Premiership I'm calling the bushie's.

Brenton Surrey (Beechworth) is my tip, followed by Alex Beggs (Mitta) & Tyson Gorupic (Tallangatta). Flag tip is Kiewa.

I have to agree with AP there, All 3 will pole strongly in the count. Maybe even add Peter Cook (Barnawartha) to the mix.
Beechworth is my flag tip.

Lucas Mellier Thurgoona for B/F . If you want a roughie Clint Dickins Chiltern. Premiers Beechworth.See how i go from a far.

Obviously I’m chiltern, but Dicko is not a bad bet- by far our best player- most games you'd have to think he would poll at least one vote- and in a few he would poll 3 votes- If he was paying $4.50 a place, I’d put a couple of hundred on him

Cant see anyone beating Kiewa- they might struggle to get over the line this saturday though.......

Does ayone know what was the go in the third's last week between Barny and Wah??? Did a kid get reported and the tigers not hand in the paper work for it, because the kid is a favourite for the league B&F???

Being from Wahgunyah i was at the game and seen the incident.the player from Barny was being tagged and wasn't getting much of it so he whacked his man and got yellow carded and then he went on to abuse the umpire telling him his going to find out where he lives and "get him" which then led to a red card and being put on report.for one i thought a red card was an automatic week?so it could be interesting come monday night if he wins the B&F because he shouldnt be eligible.can anyone from barny comment on this and say why nothing has been done yet?

Obviously I’m chiltern, but Dicko is not a bad bet- by far our best player- most games you'd have to think he would poll at least one vote- and in a few he would poll 3 votes- If he was paying $4.50 a place, I’d put a couple of hundred on him

No doubt he is a very good player but he would be very lucky to poll 3's particularly when Chiltern are losing by as much as they are.

Cant see anyone beating Kiewa- they might struggle to get over the line this saturday though.......
i have to disagree with dicko winning it, there is no way possible that someone from a side who gets flogged nearly every week, can poll enough votes to get even close enough when sides beats a side by big margins, normaly there 3 better players on the side that one easily, no offence but i could be wrong, been proven that before, but good luck to him, a very good player tho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see people talking again. You all say Clint Dickins cant win but your not tipping anyone to beat him Save your money Jack54 and put it on Beechworth

has any one heard of Lance Warr A k a shrek big bloke i believe he played for barnawartha last year or the year before playing in the hume league now i think when hes on song he sings a mighty good song strong hands good kick moves well for a big big unit?

i think if a chiltern player polls more then 5 votes they will be doing very well! My tip for the league B n F would be gorupic from tallangatta. Also think that the hoppers will take out the flag this year

My tips for round 18

KSC by 90points over Chiltern
Mitta United by 11points over Wahgunyah
Tallangatta by 90points over DMB
Rutherglen by 21points over Barnawartha
Yackandandah by 30points over Thurgoona
Beechworth

Cmon people, its finals time and this thread isnt giving a whimper!! Lets get some tips for this week and why.
I think Tallangatta will be too strong across the park against Beechworth and if Pash can hold Halliday to 5-6 goals or less I think Beechworth wont kick a winning score.
Elim final will be a ripper. Yack seem to be gaining some momentum and Dogs have a few guys underdone. I think this could go either way but ill tip dogs by 3 goals.
Anyone else?

Being from Wahgunyah i was at the game and seen the incident.the player from Barny was being tagged and wasn't getting much of it so he whacked his man and got yellow carded and then he went on to abuse the umpire telling him his going to find out where he lives and "get him" which then led to a red card and being put on report.for one i thought a red card was an automatic week?so it could be interesting come monday night if he wins the B&F because he shouldnt be eligible.can anyone from barny comment on this and say why nothing has been done yet?

I can tell you right now he did not threaten the umpire he was red carded because the umpire found him asking to many questions about his decisions (even though he is the captian) which makes no sense but thats what the statement from the umpire said.

What kind of shape in Darren Bate in for Beechwoth. Is he any chance of playing in the ones this week to help Halliday out?

He kicked 7 in the 2's on the weekend, albeit against the Saints team that only had 10 players on Friday night and had to ask some very old players to come and make up a side. Average age would have been well over 30. Saying all that he did play really well and kicked some good goals, but then again the seniors nearly kicked 40 goals, who would you drop?

What kind of shape in Darren Bate in for Beechwoth. Is he any chance of playing in the ones this week to help Halliday out?

No

Beechworth have had 3 players kick over 35 goals for the year and 2 have kicked over 50 so i am not sure Halliday needs as much help as people think.

Bate would be no chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

season 2009 starts now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back