GDFL Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

billy if you new how they treated some of there loyal players that have now moved on you would have the same views to mate. my mate won 2 b&f's there in 4 years and they bumped his match payments up $10 a game so he wont from $30 to $40. your not gonna hang onto players doing that. Even Tracy who has cleaned the jumpers for the last 5 has moved on due to miss treatment. there really starting from scratch this year

billy if you new how they treated some of there loyal players that have now moved on you would have the same views to mate. my mate won 2 b&f's there in 4 years and they bumped his match payments up $10 a game so he wont from $30 to $40. your not gonna hang onto players doing that. Even Tracy who has cleaned the jumpers for the last 5 has moved on due to miss treatment. there really starting from scratch this year

So your mates with someone that used to play there? Wests biggest issue is people in the papers and on forums like this taking shots at them when they don't know what goes on behind closed doors. Hopefully for them their new coach and others at the club can start what is a difficult task. All I'm saying is it doesn't help them or the league by constatly making negative comments that unless your in the room when they occur are rumorurs and in no way fact and I'm sure your mate (who i know by the way) had a great time in the years he played there regardless of what they paid him.

From all reports (I also have mates that have played there and will do so again this year) things have been really positive and the new coach is working really hard to bring them some success. So good luck to them!

Mate all I'm saying is I think there going to struggle this year. Even more so than others. Hopefully they prove me wrong for the leagues sake. But I really can't see it happening. And I am entitled to my opinion after all

Mate all I'm saying is I think there going to struggle this year. Even more so than others. Hopefully they prove me wrong for the leagues sake. But I really can't see it happening. And I am entitled to my opinion after all

I agree with this, it may be a struggle this year and by looking on the outside the whole sporting club has a culture and on field performance to try and resurrect. This year on field wise hopefully sees and improvement which may not show based on wins as much as competitiveness. If that can happen and off field issues can be straightened out then it can be used as a platform to build on in the next 2-3 years. Players will notice this and who knows, players that have left might be enticed to come back based on the change. They have to start somewhere and this year may be the year they do. Would be a good result for the league to see the clubs down the bottom making strides to better themselves

I'm not saying you're wrong I actaully agree with the underlying statement. They're certaintly going to be up against it. I just think that having a crack at the new coach and the board promotes a negative attitude that doesn't help anyone.

Are bph able to train on the ground yet? Rode past a couple of weeks ago and it looked like it growing well and looking green.

As for the money talk if the club has the money continuesly then spend it, I think the way others see is when a club splurges alot of money included in agm meetings and on the side and still don't get the chocolates it leaves egg on the face. And if they do spend and get the choccys the "if we spent that much we'd wanna win to" comes out. Success will always be built through a club mateship structure

ground will be right for round 1, the council has to top dress it still which will happen in the next week or so, 2 weeks later it will be cherry ripe.
as for numbers, the usual 25-35 are turning up to train on the soccer ground.

all the talk on so called side payments is crap. businesses donate/sponsor clubs for lots of reasons, but the biggest one is to write the payment off as a tax deduction, usually under "Advertising".

for businesses to get a tax deduction, they need a receipt. so, clubs must produce a receipt of this sponsorship, and if clubs dont relay these transactions at AGM level to there members, all sorts of issues come up, namely accusations of theft, rorting etc.

so i think any "side" payments would only come from people who have cash that they dont need receipts or records of splurging....and i dont think Bill Gates lives anywhere near Geelong.

god help blue west this year, any good players that they actaully had have headed down to barwon heads to strenthen up the 2's. they have had barely getting any players to training and a coach who has never played senior footy. i think the wheels have finally came off. the board has to be blamed for this. didnt want to pay there top players and there players that have been there for years. there president wouldnt have a clue who to recruit because he knows nothing about the local game. hes only been in geelong for about 5 years and only started playing when he got here. its gonna be an embarrasing year for the cheetahs and a bet there alreadys looking forward to mad monday
correction to you bud but washy did play ones and was very handy at belmont but injuries curtailed him i did rate playing with him very handy indeed

Thomson has never exceeded 50k in the last 12 years including netball, football and coaches...3 flags and missed finals once! It can be done on a small budget if you get the right players to your club that want success and not money!

I'm not too sure about that Juddster. Wallace, Vardy and Curtis means $$$.

I'll bet my left and right nut that they exceed $50,000 this year. Luke Forbes is $10,000 +. His sister only plays for money. Macleod, Macleod & Macleod would be on plenty. I understand Thomson needs to pay out Brent Macleod's contract in SA otherwise they wont clear him. That's only 4 players. Throw in Grigg (plenty) and his sister (plenty), Voss (plenty) and all their other recruits and what about the coaches - Hyland, Clark and Maheras they've never done anything for nothing.

I'm not too sure about that Juddster. Wallace, Vardy and Curtis means $$$.

I'll bet my left and right nut that they exceed $50,000 this year. Luke Forbes is $10,000 +. His sister only plays for money. Macleod, Macleod & Macleod would be on plenty. I understand Thomson needs to pay out Brent Macleod's contract in SA otherwise they wont clear him. That's only 4 players. Throw in Grigg (plenty) and his sister (plenty), Voss (plenty) and all their other recruits and what about the coaches - Hyland, Clark and Maheras they've never done anything for nothing.
You are so far off the mark Flowers, maybe you have been sniffing a few too many!! Jackson is only on incentives this year, Brent has no contract to honour, Voss is playing for incentives and I know Hyland coached for nothing last year....not even a free beer!! And i think you would find that assistant coaches(non playing) dont normally get paid at any GDFL club. If they do they shouldnt!!
Whether they exceed 50k this year is another story, but i will endeavour to find out some figures for you.

Alright boys heres one. Could anyone see the GDFL expanding any time soon with populations getting bigger out this way could we see any new clubs entering the league and if so what areas? was just thinking about it the other day and thought i would ask the question...

Alright boys heres one. Could anyone see the GDFL expanding any time soon with populations getting bigger out this way could we see any new clubs entering the league and if so what areas? was just thinking about it the other day and thought i would ask the question...

what area has the population to sustain a new team? Armstrong creek will have a massive population growth, but not for another decade.

I know that population growth doesnt equal football teams...Point Cook has over 30,000 residents from expansion that started in the early 90's, yet only got their football club up and going in the last three years.

one thing i have never worked out is why Modewarre, Newcomb and Geelong ammos play BFL, when they are located right next to teams from the GDFL.

what area has the population to sustain a new team? Armstrong creek will have a massive population growth, but not for another decade.

I know that population growth doesnt equal football teams...Point Cook has over 30,000 residents from expansion that started in the early 90's, yet only got their football club up and going in the last three years.

one thing i have never worked out is why Modewarre, Newcomb and Geelong ammos play BFL, when they are located right next to teams from the GDFL.

yeah you raise a good point with the modewarre, newcomb and geelong ammos. Im thinking because geelong and DISTRICT thats the key word, i would like to see a Clifton Springs, Waurn ponds maybe even a Point cook/Manor lakes in the geelong and district being located just near werribee would be good for the team to have another team or to close by.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

clifton springs are on the Bellarine Peninsula, so I would say the BFL for them.
Point Cook are outer Metro Melbourne, and they play in the VAFA, so probably too far from Geelong.

Wyndhamvale Falcons are a mid to top level WRFL div 2 side, and have great facilities and are this side of weribee. they would be a good addition.

what about Meredith? would they classify themselves as outer Geelong or outer Ballarat?

but, all this is irrelevant if the Football Geelong do what is best for all three Leagues and introduce a tiered system with Relegation/ Promotion.
it would make the gap between say your Belmonts v East disappear, and create oppurtunities for new areas to start lower, rather than come in to a competion and get flogged for the first 3-5 years...

clifton springs are on the Bellarine Peninsula, so I would say the BFL for them.
Point Cook are outer Metro Melbourne, and they play in the VAFA, so probably too far from Geelong.

Wyndhamvale Falcons are a mid to top level WRFL div 2 side, and have great facilities and are this side of weribee. they would be a good addition.

what about Meredith? would they classify themselves as outer Geelong or outer Ballarat?

but, all this is irrelevant if the Football Geelong do what is best for all three Leagues and introduce a tiered system with Relegation/ Promotion.
it would make the gap between say your Belmonts v East disappear, and create oppurtunities for new areas to start lower, rather than come in to a competion and get flogged for the first 3-5 years...

Meredith would be a 50/50 between geelong or ballarat i reckon. out that way you would look at a Lethbridge or a Teesdale being the next team or maybe even a Teesdale-Lethbridge team combined.

I think Clifton springs have a big enough population to support a team in the BFL then. And with wyndhamvale you couldnt seeing them changing to another league so that would just about shut out the idea of expansion in the GDFL ahah

Meredith would be a 50/50 between geelong or ballarat i reckon. out that way you would look at a Lethbridge or a Teesdale being the next team or maybe even a Teesdale-Lethbridge team combined.

I think Clifton springs have a big enough population to support a team in the BFL then. And with wyndhamvale you couldnt seeing them changing to another league so that would just about shut out the idea of expansion in the GDFL ahah

Clifton Springs and Drysdale are so close together they would be considered pretty much the same town surely?

Clifton springs team wouldn't work, doesn't matter if your C'S or Drysdale, your a hawks fan, there isn't even a separate cricket club

Hi

I live in Melbourne and am playing footy up in the country this year and heard a rumour about a group of country players from different leagues training together at Gosch's Paddock in Richmond.
1. Is this true?
2. If so, can anyone train there?
3. What times do they train?

Cheers

G'day fellas heard bill Nichols is finishing up at the de-sal and is bringing back a few players from the Hampden league to have a kick down at corio with him too give his last season a real crack at a flag... Big news

G'day fellas heard bill Nichols is finishing up at the de-sal and is bringing back a few players from the Hampden league to have a kick down at corio with him too give his last season a real crack at a flag... Big news

Maybe 5 years ago it would have been news. It's a case of corio going down the same old beaten track.

Bill Nicholls woopy doo, give us some Hampden names then

Bill Nicholls woopy doo, give us some Hampden names then

has been a big pre season at Centrals, really looking forward to see if we can be competitive with a GFL club next week.

have heard Thompson have spent big $$$, could be the real deal this year.

East have lost some very handy players

BPH kept everyone, though have not added to their list

Inver look to have lost some of thie kids to VFL and GFL

Could be a very even comp this year

has been a big pre season at Centrals, really looking forward to see if we can be competitive with a GFL club next week.

have heard Thompson have spent big $$$, could be the real deal this year.

East have lost some very handy players

BPH kept everyone, though have not added to their list

Inver look to have lost some of thie kids to VFL and GFL

Could be a very even comp this year

Did hear centrals have had a big pre, who is looking good, the recruits leading the way? Looking fwd to seeing centrals and hill round 1, will be a good one to start off the season. Do agree could be four or five contenders this year if players stay on the park, good to here Thomson will be up again

Remove this Banner Ad

GDFL Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back