GDFL Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey bizza Heard anakie are raiding your good twos players with ther coach having connections with yous! Heard anything??

Has also been in contact with a few players he coached at Newtown reserves trying to do some recruiting. Also coached BPH under 18s a couple years ago, if my memory serves me correctly, so he may be trying too entice them over as well.

Hey bizza Heard anakie are raiding your good twos players with ther coach having connections with yous! Heard anything??

did you see our 2's last year? some of our guys were that lazy they didnt even travel to anakie to play them the one time, let alone go there twice a week for training. good luck to him.

the boys have been training well, considering we cant use our ground at the moment. the "visual stimulation" of eastern beach has been a 100% improvement on watching the cow's on the hill.

Also got word, but cant confirm, that a few of the Murphy boys have crossed over from Sunshine Kangaroos (also played at Hoppers) in the WRFL. Can't confirm if its Sean or Kieran but younger brother Ryan has been leading every run of the pre-season. Not sure how they went at Sunshine but only hearing good things...[/quote]

Kieran is a GUN - Shaun, not so much.

did you see our 2's last year? some of our guys were that lazy they didnt even travel to anakie to play them the one time, let alone go there twice a week for training. good luck to him.

the boys have been training well, considering we cant use our ground at the moment. the "visual stimulation" of eastern beach has been a 100% improvement on watching the cow's on the hill.
Buccolo , shelly stud and rodregez is what iv been told.

Buccolo , shelly stud and rodregez is what iv been told.

Rodriquez is on the commitee at BPH, Buccolo is a package deal with fantella and Grossman, Kelvin Shelley doubtful.

as for Bevan Studd - he wouldnt get a game in anakie 2's atm couldnt run out of sight on a dark night.

What's the main problem for West. No juniors obviously. But sponsors and money wise how are they. Sharing an oval with a team from a stronger league doesn't help their case. Poor bastards.

What's the main problem for West. No juniors obviously. But sponsors and money wise how are they. Sharing an oval with a team from a stronger league doesn't help their case. Poor bastards.
It must be hard for them having to trek back and forth between West Oval and Bakers. Training on Wednesday & Thursday nights-hard to get normality. reports a few players are heading elsewhere?? Anyone confirm where they are at?
Have they got a coach yet I see they were still advertising in last weeks Addy. I heard a whisper the ex Winch coach might have been amongst the candidates.
Belmont keeping their cards close to their chest anything coming out of there?

It must be hard for them having to trek back and forth between West Oval and Bakers. Training on Wednesday & Thursday nights-hard to get normality. reports a few players are heading elsewhere?? Anyone confirm where they are at?
Have they got a coach yet I see they were still advertising in last weeks Addy. I heard a whisper the ex Winch coach might have been amongst the candidates.
Belmont keeping their cards close to their chest anything coming out of there?

Have they started training yet? i have heard most players are leaving some going to barwon heads. The ex winch coach gemill?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy new year. not much happening over xmas. I am going to have a crack at the odds and ladder for 2012.

bph $3 fav. The team to beat

east $3.50. Kept most of the team together

w/c $4.50. picked up alot. tuff draw should be top 3 (i still have doubts when at st.albans after there last 3 finals game)

inver $5 on the rise good young list

thompson $10 with luke forbes and young macleod back will add fire power. tuff draw hard to see them being top3 They didnt beat a team above them in 2011

banno $11 2011 was a year to forget they are better than that. Great draw should push to get back in the top 5

Anakie $15 improved alot in 2011 great draw may push for a spot in the 5

Belmont $20 good finish to the year they have tuff draw.

Nth $25 they went backwards in 2011 new coach. They need the kids to step up from under 18's

Winch $50 year to forget in 2011. new coach great draw should win a few more games.

Corio $60 will keep playing the kids will be another developing year for the devils

g/west $100 Dont no what is going on there. Have they got a coach?

DB, thomson @ $10, put me down for a hunge. good odds!

I think Thomson r a good bet to,heard on the weekend that Nathan ablett has been training with Luke Forbes and they r good friends so the big fella mite end up a Tommy tiger,huge get for them if comes of and would make them flag favorites

I think Thomson r a good bet to,heard on the weekend that Nathan ablett has been training with Luke Forbes and they r good friends so the big fella mite end up a Tommy tiger,huge get for them if comes of and would make them flag favorites

I just think u have to be top 3 to win a flag and i cant see thompson being in the top 3. They will have some fire power with forbes and both macleods. But they will need to improve by 10+ goals to get close to bph east and w/c.

Nick Washington to coach the cheetahs in 2012, dont know much about him but hopefully he can get them on the right track and playing some good football.

Have also heard the devils have rucruited a few matured players to help them climb the ladder in 2012. You would think if they got the right blend they may push a few sides this year.

Nick Washington to coach the cheetahs in 2012, dont know much about him but hopefully he can get them on the right track and playing some good football.

Have also heard the devils have rucruited a few matured players to help them climb the ladder in 2012. You would think if they got the right blend they may push a few sides this year.

It is good that the Cheetahs have someone to coach i just hope they can get a few wins it will be good for there club and the league.

Also Corio could give a few sides a bit of trouble with a few more wise heads. How are other clubs going? Anakie, Winch, Belmont, Banno and Nth Geelong?:confused:

nick washington plays reserves for west he is ok at reserve level, big step up from a reserves player to senior coach

nick washington plays reserves for west he is ok at reserve level, big step up from a reserves player to senior coach

It makes you wonder just how bad west are going if they have to get a reserves player to coach their senior side.
No disrespect to him or west, was he the only candidate that applied 4 the position???

Happy new year. not much happening over xmas. I am going to have a crack at the odds and ladder for 2012.

bph $3 fav. The team to beat

east $3.50. Kept most of the team together

w/c $4.50. picked up alot. tuff draw should be top 3 (i still have doubts when at st.albans after there last 3 finals game)

inver $5 on the rise good young list

thompson $10 with luke forbes and young macleod back will add fire power. tuff draw hard to see them being top3 They didnt beat a team above them in 2011

banno $11 2011 was a year to forget they are better than that. Great draw should push to get back in the top 5

Anakie $15 improved alot in 2011 great draw may push for a spot in the 5

Belmont $20 good finish to the year they have tuff draw.

Nth $25 they went backwards in 2011 new coach. They need the kids to step up from under 18's

Winch $50 year to forget in 2011. new coach great draw should win a few more games.

Corio $60 will keep playing the kids will be another developing year for the devils

g/west $100 Dont no what is going on there. Have they got a coach?

Well with Ricky set to return to the club, I hope they do continue with the kids and surround them with a sprinkling of good experience. But, history suggests that he doesn't travel alone too often.

Well with Ricky set to return to the club, I hope they do continue with the kids and surround them with a sprinkling of good experience. But, history suggests that he doesn't travel alone too often.

Rick would help an allready improving devils outfit that inludes bazza, stewart, the huhn brothers & the juniors coming through.

Also rumoured heading to the devils are blake hutchinson, shane manning, bill nicholls & scott verner just to name a few.

Remove this Banner Ad

GDFL Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back