Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

The Fev is back! Who is at fault for botched report/investigaton into the Fev incident? I reckon it would be the league would'nt it as the Raiders would have asked them to investigate. Either way Raiders look like sooks, Yarra as spoilt brats and the league look like amatuers who can't control their clubs.
Entertaining though, looking forward to a front and back page Fev with a splash of Bazza in the BM tomorrow.

Wow. What a story. Loophole gets Fev off and free to play.

He is making a joke of the O & M league. He seems to be untouchable

The Fev is back! Who is at fault for botched report/investigaton into the Fev incident? I reckon it would be the league would'nt it as the Raiders would have asked them to investigate. Either way Raiders look like sooks, Yarra as spoilt brats and the league look like amatuers who can't control their clubs.
Entertaining though, looking forward to a front and back page Fev with a splash of Bazza in the BM tomorrow.

Have to agree. Not looking forward to the headlines in the border sick of it. The O & M has more than one player
The fev circus rolls on till the next hiccup.

Fev should not have done what he did. He seems to be untouchable. The head honcho's made the call and I can tell you not all Raiders players or supporters agreed with it. And yes it now may come back to bite them. They have now got a great kid and player under investigation because they did this. Rules are Rules and they are there for a reason. As we know there are plenty of behind play incident that happen every week and you won't stop it. Fev got off on this one. But just wait no doubt there will be more headlines about the Fev circus. I said when he arrived it will be a very interesting year and it's only half way through and it's been a joke where yarra has been involved. There has been plenty of great football played in the O&M this year but the Fev drama's has been a distraction

Fev should not have done what he did. He seems to be untouchable. The head honcho's made the call and I can tell you not all Raiders players or supporters agreed with it. And yes it now may come back to bite them. They have now got a great kid and player under investigation because they did this. Rules are Rules and they are there for a reason. As we know there are plenty of behind play incident that happen every week and you won't stop it. Fev got off on this one. But just wait no doubt there will be more headlines about the Fev circus. I said when he arrived it will be a very interesting year and it's only half way through and it's been a joke where yarra has been involved. There has been plenty of great football played in the O&M this year but the Fev drama's has been a distraction

meanwhile at tiger land they are building some serious momentum without any bullshit.

As i sa
meanwhile at tiger land they are building some serious momentum without any bullshit.
id

As I said some 3 months ago, The Fev will be great for the comp, but there will be issues as he is a guy that attracts trouble.... just cant help himself. But u must also take into account the shit he cops on the playing field and to a lesser degree, the abuse by spectators as well... Yet he is kicking 7 or 8 goals a game, attracting big crowds and generating plenty of dollars for Yarrawonga.Regardless of the negatives, he has been a revelation for the league and if Yarra make the grand final, watch for a huge crowd attending.

Yes, agree. No disruptions and looking extremely good, even without the expertise of master coach Spargo.

Good to see Fowler find some form yesterday for the Tiges too. Been a dry season so far and hardly got a kick let alone kicked a goal but back in action yesterday with a 7 goal haul against North. Quite scary what the tigers can do if and when they are all fit and firing, I still think they have Yarra covered if both teams were at their best at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a windfall in income for the Rovers. A wild guess, but they have proberly come out with 60 plus grand clear.

Definitely a hell of a lot bigger than any O&M crowd I've seen outside of a grand final. A good portion of the crowd were kids, so you'd have to halve the actual attendance to get a rough idea of tickets sold.

They budgeted to make $80,000 IIRC from catering for the AFL praccy that was washed out, so going from those numbers you'd say they would have been looking to make $40-$50,000 from catering today.

If that's the case you'd say $80-90,000 profit all up would be possible. But yeah, like yours, that's just a guess.

However much it was in the end, it was probably more than they made in all of their home games combined last year.

Definitely a hell of a lot bigger than any O&M crowd I've seen outside of a grand final. A good portion of the crowd were kids, so you'd have to halve the actual attendance to get a rough idea of tickets sold.

They budgeted to make $80,000 IIRC from catering for the AFL praccy that was washed out, so going from those numbers you'd say they would have been looking to make $40-$50,000 from catering today.

If that's the case you'd say $80-90,000 profit all up would be possible. But yeah, like yours, that's just a guess.

However much it was in the end, it was probably more than they made in all of their home games combined last year.

nonch,
yeah, your right. What im expressing is that the bringing of these ex afl star forwards is creating badly needed huge income to the clubs involved,....where this income issue has been a problem for all clubs in any country footy league, not just to have success,... but to survive.
I see last week that Akermanis played for Leeton in the Riverina league and as a result, the club generated a profit of some 15k for that game.but not only did he play, he arrived a day earlier and did a footy clinic at the local school and on the saturday night after the game did a sportsmans night at the local club.l
This sort of stuff may well become a regular fixture for country football clubs and retired AFL players. All concerned earn a dollar, and the viewing public get to witness and liase with some great players.If I was running a local footy club, I would be jumping all over this ....

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before or whether it's common knowlegde and I'm just out of the loop. It's another Fevola story, sorry, I know it's been flogged to death. Just watching EMT (eddie maguire's show on Fox) and it was mentioned that Fev will be attending Brian McFadden's wedding in Italy later in the year. Turns out the wedding is on the 2nd September, which is the first week of O&M finals. Should Yarra not finish on top it would seem they'll be without their star forward for the qualifying final. Probably shows why they are making every effort to finish on top. Makes for a really important round 15 game against Albury.

Noticed on Border Mails - Footy Fix: Jake Bourke says reports are "ruining games". -
Bourkey thinks the game has no room for send off cards... think O&M should to be like AFL. Where Barry Hall can turn around on live TV and punch a bloke in the head and stay on the ground, what a poor message that is sending to other players and kids.
At what point is it OK for these footballers to run around on the field and throw punches and elbows and anything else that deserves a red or yellow card. Every other team sport I can think of in the world has a red or yellow card system of sorts. Only the AFL does not allow players to be sent off in any manner, other than blood rule.

If a player is stupid enough to do something to get a red or yellow card so be it. I will state its piss poor when umpires around here, hand em out for back chat, off the ball swearing and other small indiscretions. But in no uncertain terms should the card system go anywhere. If people don't like it, don't play or try playing by the rules, like everyone else.

Noticed on Border Mails - Footy Fix: Jake Bourke says reports are "ruining games". -
Bourkey thinks the game has no room for send off cards... think O&M should to be like AFL. Where Barry Hall can turn around on live TV and punch a bloke in the head and stay on the ground, what a poor message that is sending to other players and kids.
At what point is it OK for these footballers to run around on the field and throw punches and elbows and anything else that deserves a red or yellow card. Every other team sport I can think of in the world has a red or yellow card system of sorts. Only the AFL does not allow players to be sent off in any manner, other than blood rule.

If a player is stupid enough to do something to get a red or yellow card so be it. I will state its piss poor when umpires around here, hand em out for back chat, off the ball swearing and other small indiscretions. But in no uncertain terms should the card system go anywhere. If people don't like it, don't play or try playing by the rules, like everyone else.

Well said... I would also like to see the tribunal back the umpire a little more often (of course a player is going to deny the charges!). Having said that I also accept that, going by media reports, this year it has been difficult on occasion to do so.

I suggest that rather than a mandatory report for all yellow card offences, a yellow card could be issued without a report for verbal abuse incidents (if a free kick and 50m penalty is insufficient).

looks like Wang arent the only club looking for a coach Lambert set to announce he will stand down at the end of the year from the Raiders job

Patty Rose to step up and then Lambo off to North Albury is the word isn't it with Bob Craig having enough??

Whats does an Ovens & Murray coach get paid nowadays?? If it is half as much as Yarra's full forward I might apply!! Serious question on the coaching front though, but I guess like all player payments it would vary massively from club to club and so on regarding credentials.

Patty Rose to step up and then Lambo off to North Albury is the word isn't it with Bob Craig having enough??

Whats does an Ovens & Murray coach get paid nowadays?? If it is half as much as Yarra's full forward I might apply!! Serious question on the coaching front though, but I guess like all player payments it would vary massively from club to club and so on regarding credentials.

Not sure on actual figures. I think clubs pay more for a coach outside of their club.
When they promote from within it costs a lot less. e.g a porter from Wang, maher from albury, Barnes from yarra.

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back