Season 2015..

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know what to make of the Dogs signing 3 players aged 35 to 36. What is the thoughts of people who are all over this league?

I'd suggest the dogs are simply doing their best to get a few blokes on board. They would be like every other club and have spoken to countless players and these are 3 that have decided to join them. It'll add a lot of experience to their list, but also some weary hamstrings too.

Last edited:
Saw on Twitter today Shannon broadbent has gone back to Deer Park . Wasn't he apparently signed at Myttleford ?

If that's the case Wahgunyah will be a big improver won't they? Seem to have picked up a few recruits that will make a difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One very different cat!

Brodie can play as seen a lot of him at Willy but you already know this. Problem is his an outside running "explosive" player so unless you are a top 3 side that needs a player of this type might not be your answer. Bit inconsistent I hear.. Will want big $$ (1500-2000 per game) Was getting big $$ at Hoppers Crossing and they and him were disappointing over last couple of years.
This type of money I would only pay for a quality FF, CHF, Ruckman, tough classy mid. People who can win you games and inspire others around them.

Did Raiders recruit Brodie Moles? Got put on to his twitter account by a mate. Very eye opening couple of hours. Has an interesting take on life
Their coach has said in articles that he wants to create a better culture at the club. he goes and recruits this fella. What kind of culture is he trying to create? Interesting take on life is an understatement. Won't be exactly cheap either by the sounds of it.

The whisper up here in QLD, is that ex Wodonga Raiders player, be it Todd Bryant has signed on and will play for the Raiders, following coach Cresswell from Palm Beach. By all reports Bryant will continue to reside on the Gold Coast, and fly south every week.... I must comment, what a huge expense just in airfares alone, before player payments, on a guy that has been a good performer in both comps, but by no means is a star.

The whisper up here in QLD, is that ex Wodonga Raiders player, be it Todd Bryant has signed on and will play for the Raiders, following coach Cresswell from Palm Beach. By all reports Bryant will continue to reside on the Gold Coast, and fly south every week.... I must comment, what a huge expense just in airfares alone, before player payments, on a guy that has been a good performer in both comps, but by no means is a star.

Just to ad, airfares from Gold Coast to Sydney then a connecting flight to Albury and return will cost around $500 to $600 minimum. If he played say all 18 games the airfares will equate to at least 9k to 10k. If he is paid say at least $500 a game , that's another 10k. Rough total costs is 20k..... Sorry , but Bryant is no where near deservered of this sort of cost.

Not what i have heard with bryant. Hearing he is moving south (narranderra)

Josh Warren-Marmo heading back to RWT after not being able to deal with the rigours of Ovens and Murray. Also bad break for up and coming Tiger Andrew Dennis, suffering doing his second ACL in 12 months. Unlucky run for a young swingman after breaking into the seniors at the beginning of 2014.

Can someone give me a update on North Albury. Recruits, player losses, etc.?
Losses- Munro, Calma Holt to raiders, Muller vfl, mosher thomas to Queensland, wellington travelling over seas this year.
Gains- Kylin Morey from bb saints, Tom weldon from jindera. Hunter lloyd from mangoplah, ricky whitehead from Horsham swifts, Dan lieschke from rand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 2015..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back