Official Match Thread Season 24 Round 7 - Fighting Furies vs Dragons FFC at Punt Road

Remove this Banner Ad

Fighting Furies vs Dragons FFC at Punt Road

303906_409a34b6da41379bc9650ca65ddcf42a.png

303907_b27d0526601e36c6b079fe9bb497c9d9.png

2nd v 3rd

Welcome to this week’s MOTR between the Fighting Furies and the Dragons FFC. When they aren’t hosting Survivor, the Furies are busy being the second best team in the league. The Dragons are no slouches themselves sitting prettily in the top four.

Players to Watch

Furies

NaturalDisaster – the best match thread poster in the league.

Sterge – the Selwood of the AFL averaging over 5 free kicks a game. The exact kind of player you want with the footy inside 50 at the death of a drawn final.

Wacky TigerDemonJim 2.0 has had a seamless transition to the forward line this season, being one of the Fred Medal fancies.

Dragons

Hatchy1992 – leading the march for the Fred Medal with 26 goals (2 clear of his nearest competitor BRAB)

Hate – the league Admin has been a breath of fresh air who has nearly completely neutralised the stench of his predecessor.

WFL – top 10 in disposals and sure to be heavily involved in the match thread.

Last Time They Met

Season 23 Round 2.

Result? No idea, the Match Thread was 104 pages and I am not wading thought that dross to find out.

Brokelads Betting

Furies: $1.70
Dragons: $2.10

Captains please have your team sheets in by 11.59pm AEST on Thursday

G'day Furies. Looking forward to the week. I trust you're all still drunk after the Tigers win on Friday?

Of course we're drunk.
We're always drunk.
But our minds are fully focused on defeating the Dragoonies.
I declare that all Tigers and Adelaide supporters get the week off the Sweet F.A to continue celebrations.

I declare that all Tigers and Adelaide supporters get the week off the Sweet F.A to continue celebrations.
Thank you, Hate, but I see no good reason to interrupt our drunken tirade of abuse and intimidating thuggery towards our hapless opponents, whoever they may be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome Dragons. Even you lot couldn't be as sooky la la as Geelong supporters! :thumbsu:
A pleasant diversion for the week.

Welcome Dragons. Even you lot couldn't be as sooky la la as Geelong supporters! :thumbsu:
A pleasant diversion for the week.
Sorry mate, you'll be playing your home game at Dragon Island this week.

Celebrating our great starts to S24?
I think when we win this week, we equal our longest winning streak. Perhaps Ljp86 can confirm/deny.

Sorry mate, you'll be playing your home game at Dragon Island this week.

I think when we win this week, we equal our longest winning streak. Perhaps Ljp86 can confirm/deny.
Anywhere anytime... or some such shit!
Furies have a great record at Dragonstone!
upload_2017-9-12_14-20-20.jpeg

Last Time They Met

Season 23 Round 2.

Result? No idea, the Match Thread was 104 pages and I am not wading thought that dross to find out.

Pretty sure the real winner from that week was the sport of Qooty

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 24 Round 7 - Fighting Furies vs Dragons FFC at Punt Road

Remove this Banner Ad

Back