Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 13: West Coast Wonders v Sin City Swamprats at the Colosseum [MOTR]

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it? That’s pretty common.

Have a look at the other match ups.

Simply, the repeat matches (such as this) have been brought forward a few rounds and 11th and 12th team match ups are extended to the last few rounds. There are other factors in this that need to be considered but this achieves byes being spread out as much as they can as well as match ups not being too close together.

Also, I’ll add you to the list of people who are confused by simple draw mechanics 😘
I admit it's better than what we had last season, with 11 teams having a bye at the same time - I think we had something like 3 byes in 5 or 6 games. But I just think that not playing a team until the final round is strange.

I admit it's better than what we had last season, with 11 teams having a bye at the same time - I think we had something like 3 byes in 5 or 6 games. But I just think that not playing a team until the final round is strange.
11 teams having a bye at the same time? Do you mean the mid-week match that Old Boys and Wonders played to help 11/13 teams have in effect only 1 bye and not 2?

And you didn’t (but you did). You still played regular games, the rounds were just factoring in alternate matches which made it look weird on paper.

But I just think that not playing a team until the final round is strange.
Would you feel the same way in a single round robin? 😅

West Coast played Geelong in Rd 25 this year. Their last match was Rd 5, 2023…

Would you feel the same way in a single round robin? 😅

West Coast played Geelong in Rd 25 this year. Their last match was Rd 5, 2023…
Let's just say I'm glad I don't have to do the draw :).

Don't needle Clarkey about his damn draw!
No I enjoy it. It makes me feel much better about myself when I use logic to squash baseless criticism of it 😘

If we didn’t have 13 teams in a 16 game season then sure… this would be easy to just play single round robin and then 4 weeks of repeat match ups.

Impossible to do that though with 13 teams and 16 games.
I know. You did a great job with fitting a circle into a square, no criticism from me here I was just explaining it lightly to the Rookies.

No I enjoy it. It makes me feel much better about myself when I use logic to squash baseless criticism of it 😘
Nobody comprehends the absolute megamind it takes to construct a draw like that. Just ask AnUltimateRessie.

No been told my posts make too much fodder for people to QUOTE in their Signatures. So have to limit the opportunity for my TYPOS to be repeated.
Who would do that!?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 13: West Coast Wonders v Sin City Swamprats at the Colosseum [MOTR]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back