Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 14: East Side Hawks v Ophidian Old Boys at The Eyrie

Remove this Banner Ad

What's this? Another podcast, or ... ?
Not another podcast, just a radio show. I am trying to get my podcast running more regularly. Going to try and get the girlfriend on an episode.

You do know he will be lining up on you this Sunday, would've been better to say Michael Matthews
I haven't won a match up all season mate, eth-dog is going to have a blinder.

While you are here mate, is Pogacar the best cyclist ever?
Nah. Of the past 25 years it'll hard to go past him once his career is done (expect him to go for La Vuelta next year to complete the treble) but Merckx has him covered, comfortably so. Tadej will find it really hard to win MSR or Roubaix. Merckx was the best not only because he won the Tour and Giro 5 times but he won all the monuments twice, the World's three times. Now Tadej may pass Eddie's 5x TdF, but he won't get close in terms of the monuments. Which is fine, because Merckx was and is the best ever

You do know he will be lining up on you this Sunday, would've been better to say Michael Matthews
Bling is my favourite but not at the same level as Tadej. In fairness, nobody in the current peloton is.

Nah. Of the past 25 years it'll hard to go past him once his career is done (expect him to go for La Vuelta next year to complete the treble) but Merckx has him covered, comfortably so. Tadej will find it really hard to win MSR or Roubaix. Merckx was the best not only because he won the Tour and Giro 5 times but he won all the monuments twice, the World's three times. Now Tadej may pass Eddie's 5x TdF, but he won't get close in terms of the monuments. Which is fine, because Merckx was and is the best ever
I missed out on Merckx's career sadly.

I missed out on Merckx's career sadly.
As did I, but it's like Bradman. There's daylight to second. He won 64 GT stages, the GC 11 times, did the Tour-Giro double three times, the Giro-Vuelta double once, the World Championship three times including one triple crown (Tour, Giro, WC), and 19 monuments, having won all at least twice.

For comparison, Tadej has 26 GT stages, GC 4 times, Tour-Giro double once, the World Championship once (Triple Crown), and 6 monuments and only won three different ones. Incredible record, but not at the same level
eth-dog - thoughts on this?

If they do pick him, go India!

Is this Battrick?

Candice is sick of him already. Davey, you're not John Farnham.
I do like that the top of the Australian batting order is something you can just choose to return to on a whim, and that it isn’t some kind of qualification or selection criteria applied.

I do like that the top of the Australian batting order is something you can just choose to return to on a whim, and that it isn’t some kind of qualification or selection criteria applied.

Spot on, Tarks. Next we will be asking Gilly to put the keeping gloves back on.
In saying that, Dave just needs to go away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on, Tarks. Next we will be asking Gilly to put the keeping gloves back on.
In saying that, Dave just needs to go away.
If they don’t let some new blood in the 2028 edition of I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here won’t be able to proceed. 😢

They hired me to jump out of a cake but I brought my friends and so they had to cancel the celebration due to a ‘rodent infestation’ .

Apologies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 14: East Side Hawks v Ophidian Old Boys at The Eyrie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back