Resource Season 38 Rules and Tribunal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

you clearly weren't the rules police last season. Hey big_icky
Big_icky wasn't named in their original squad was he? Because it sounds like that would violate the law serial_thrilla just quoted???

Big_icky wasn't named in their original squad was he? Because it sounds like that would violate the law serial_thrilla just quoted???
big_icky was named in the dragons squad in s37 and s36 and was a clear violation of the valid player rule !

That's cool and all but is the player signed up correctly and eligible to be played this week? Or do they need to go through the sign up process now? Genuine question
gotta follow the rules and go through the sign up process
OK guess I'll answer this then.

This has happened previously during my captaincy, and in every other occasion there was no requirement for the rookie to go through the in-season sign up process. The requirement was however that the rookie could not be named in a teamsheet to play a match until they had posted in the forum, specifically in their team's thread. Unless there has been a specific change to the rules that says that this is no longer the case and that rookies (which we as a league are apparently struggling to recruit) need to also go through the in-season sign up process then the fact that the rookie in question has not only posted in our team thread but five times within the first day of the first match thread should be sufficient to count them as an active and legitimate player.

I await the wisdom of Solomon to deliberate upon this hastily-coupled farce.

And strip his beez.
I believe I deserve another two of them for putting up with this horse hockey. And a Frankston Rover Award, I don't have one of those yet.

This has happened previously during my captaincy, and in every other occasion there was no requirement for the rookie to go through the in-season sign up process. The requirement was however that the rookie could not be named in a teamsheet to play a match until they had posted in the forum, specifically in their team's thread. Unless there has been a specific change to the rules that says that this is no longer the case and that rookies (which we as a league are apparently struggling to recruit) need to also go through the in-season sign up process then the fact that the rookie in question has not only posted in our team thread but five times within the first day of the first match thread should be sufficient to count them as an active and legitimate player.

I believe I deserve another two of them for putting up with this horse hockey. And a Frankston Rover Award, I don't have one of those yet.
i dont actually care

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe the precedent, as Tongan Robert recollects, is the player remains on the list. The punishment has been served and the player has posted (not long after the deadline). The commonsense play would always be to move on but I’m open to anybody in the committee bringing it up. I just don’t know why we’d waste anybody’s time going through so many moves to get where we are now.

yes i recall that happening and it makes sense, however its not covered in the rules anywhere.

I believe the precedent, as Tongan Robert recollects, is the player remains on the list. The punishment has been served and the player has posted (not long after the deadline). The commonsense play would always be to move on but I’m open to anybody in the committee bringing it up. I just don’t know why we’d waste anybody’s time going through so many moves to get where we are now.
This is the sort of no-nonsense approach we've been screaming out for. We'll done The Filth Wizard

lightest touch.gif

Correct. There is precedent for that last season.
Play on.

I honestly hoped that I wouldn't have to be league police again this season. This is a one-off, because squad submission is such a joyful time of the year.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Season 38 Rules and Tribunal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back