Remove this Banner Ad

BGman

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Dragons, Blues, Tassie Tigers
Anyone interested in Second X1 cricket. I follow it as it offers alternate Shield players for those retired, out of form, etc. Also offers a pathway for promising cricketers to show their wares at the level below first class cricket. Am currently watching the Qld Bulls v Tassie Tigers match and am frustrated by something I have not come across before. The entire Tasmanian eleven are hidden behind a private profile wall so other than a couple of players I recognize, the rest I have no idea of their identity. So this makes following the match very bloody frustrating and frankly annoying. I question why the names are hidden and plead with the hider not to continue this for the entire season.

You can blame Play HQ and the players themselves for the private player stuff. When you sign up as a player on PlayHQ you can hide your identity so all those players must have done so.

Another terrific innovation from the team at PlayHQ.

Edit: Or Cricket Tasmania have done so when signing up for them.

Last edited:

The scorecards from that match have been updated with the Tasmanian players names, but now their 2nd innings scored have disappeared (PlayHQ is terrible). Looked like a pretty good match from the scorecard. Good to see both teams trying to set the match up to get a result rather than just playing to statpad, which is imagine would be tempting to do at that level to "get your name up in lights".

PlayHQ is hot garbage tbh.
The scorecards from that match have been updated with the Tasmanian players names, but now their 2nd innings scored have disappeared (PlayHQ is terrible). Looked like a pretty good match from the scorecard. Good to see both teams trying to set the match up to get a result rather than just playing to statpad, which is imagine would be tempting to do at that level to "get your name up in lights".
A good example where PlayHQ's line of thinking that "all sports need essentially the same thing" falls short.

This looks far more like how you would expect a football scoreboard to look, rather than cricket.

1 - Why is there no result, requiring the user to calculate both scores and even then it could still be a draw. The user has to work far harder than necessary to work out the result in either of these games, especially the Tas v NSW game. This is a major fault in the user experience here and has come about because they normally serve sports where the result is more obvious, and they haven't card to look at the nuance of two-innings cricket matches.

2 - Why is the second innings highlighted over the first innings? Both contribute equally to the final results. This isn't as important as the above, but still a jarring way to look at a cricket scorecard. I don't know how others felt, but I was drawn to the bolded score of the top team and my initial thought was they must have been the team that won.

3 - Why is each day's play listed individually? Cricket specific sites only list it like that when a game is played over two weekends. For matches on consecutive days Mon 16 Oct, 23 - Thu 19 Oct, 23 would be the standard format. This is a nitpick but a good example of a lack of care towards each individual sport they are serving.

Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 15.55.23.png

Day 1 of the Qld vs SA 2nd XI match is under way.

Bryce Street 74no, Lachlan Hearne 58no. Hearne has been piling on 2nds and Premier grade runs since making the move from NSW at the start of last season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Second X1