Section 0 and bans (request)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Congratulations EFC....you are officially not quite so bad as a Russian cyclist
What's worse?

a) Taking a banned substance that you know a bit about through various warning and alerts and can research the pros and cons

or

b) Taking a banned substance that you know SFA about the pros and cons.

What's worse?

a) Taking a banned substance that you know a bit about through various warning and alerts and can research the pros and cons

or

b) Taking a banned substance that you know SFA about the pros and cons.

The first one. I'd expect you know what you're doing though - ignorance is no excuse in this case.

None of these are precedents where someone has been banned for a substance falling under the WADA S.0 category.

GW501516 has been banned since 2009. S.0 was introduced in 2011. It's not relevant to this case because it was a clearly banned substance, not under a catch-all.

So we (qualified) internet detectives can assume S.0 is untested in any way shape or form?

To quote that nice commentator gentleman - WOWEE!!

Not sure why that is relevant. It only means one of 2 things;

1/ everyone else is not dumb enough to use supplements banned under SO
2/ everyone else was not stupid/unlucky enough to get caught

Given the choice I would have chosen option 1.

Just diverting away from section 0. I'm surprised this hasn't been bought up.

Section 22

"If more than one player in a club is found to have committed an Anti Doping rule violation in a season, the club may be subect to sanctions to be determined, in there absolute discretion, by the commission."

If 6 players go, the Commission have free reign to do as they please with Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well don't you think it's odd that in over 2 years it's never gotten anyone?

Maybe that's part of the reason ASADA think the case against AOD is weak? Who knows.

On what basis are you suggesting ASADA think the case is weak?

Just diverting away from section 0. I'm surprised this hasn't been bought up.

Section 22

"If more than one player in a club is found to have committed an Anti Doping rule violation in a season, the club may be subect to sanctions to be determined, in there absolute discretion, by the commission."

If 6 players go, the Commission have free reign to do as they please with Essendon.

It has. :thumbsu:

On what basis are you suggesting ASADA think the case is weak?
I love that you're new here, and welcome to you.

But it is tiresome having to catch everybody up all the time. For example, the Section 22 you quoted that you were surprised hasn't been raised has been brought up literally dozens and dozens of times.

In answer to your question, it was reported that ASADA had internal advice the case was weak, and this has been corroborated a number of times in articles by Baker and McKenzie.

WADA has the power to back date both bans and interpretations, they are monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back