See Ya Taz

Remove this Banner Ad

Im Shattered, im the bloke that used to wave my hands in the air, smash my vocal cords by screaming...TAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAA when he went near the pill!!!

Miss ya buddy, hope you do well...

Medhurst....i think your ****...hope you prove me wrong...

I have thought for some time he should be traded. He’s let us down too often. Now he’s gone I have this horrible feeling he will burn though. He has undoubted talent and this could be the kick up the backside Tony Shaw rightly said we didn’t have the guts to give him years ago. The bottom line isn’t what he does at Freo though it is what eh would have done at Collingwood. We’ll never know I guess. Pick 8 and 10 should set us up for some time if we are smart (and lucky).

Isn't it good to see how loyal Eddie Everywhere and Micky Milkshake have been as far as Tarrant goes. Eddie almost had a stroke when he defended Tarrant this year, and so did Micky..and what do they do?? Trade him to the highest bidder..Sure shows what loyalty means to them. And yet they expect loyalty from their players. Seems unfair to me. I truly expected Eddie & Mick to show more in that area. there is no doubt that what Shaw said was right, a pity that Eddie made such a fool of himself defending Tarrant.Oh well, what else can you expect from the Colliwobbles...Let's hope they don't have to defend anyone next year, just watch your back if they do!!!

vinnie_vegas69 said:
With Taz gawn and Didak likely grounded with his knee injury, the speccie mantle sits firmly with Daisy Thomas.

With Egan's leap, you'd think he'd be a chance, but the hard part will be getting him to run towards a pack :p

Or actually be able to judge the ball in the air and not run under it Vinnie! :rolleyes:

WakeUpTaz said:
there goes my favourite player from collingwood, hope he becomes awesome next year, even if he does kick 9 in a GF against collingwood, as long as we win im happy:D

dam i should change my name shouldn't i

Same thing happened for me when Peter Moore left in 82.

I was gutted, he went on and won another Brownlow with the Demons.:(

Yeah absolutely devatstaed to see him go... had a cry but am ready to face the future... hardest part is when i have to take all of his pictures down from around my house... particukar the framed one :(

royalist said:
Another Collingwood player to leave a club to play in the finals. ( Buckley and Bam Bam Rocca ).

That doesn't make a lot of sense. Rocca never said anything about finals, it was about family. And Tarrant's played in plenty of finals. So has Buckley for that matter.

Best of luck Taz. Thanks for the memories. I won't forget those hangers in a hurry! I hope you do really well for Freo. (Not too well against Collingwood though!!)

LuvMyHawks said:
Isn't it good to see how loyal Eddie Everywhere and Micky Milkshake have been as far as Tarrant goes. Eddie almost had a stroke when he defended Tarrant this year, and so did Micky..and what do they do?? Trade him to the highest bidder..Sure shows what loyalty means to them. And yet they expect loyalty from their players. Seems unfair to me. I truly expected Eddie & Mick to show more in that area. there is no doubt that what Shaw said was right, a pity that Eddie made such a fool of himself defending Tarrant.Oh well, what else can you expect from the Colliwobbles...Let's hope they don't have to defend anyone next year, just watch your back if they do!!!

Steady up mate. They did the right thing at the time by defending him because we were about five weeks away from a final series, and I think if I recall correctly, Tarrant was still playing for Collingwood at the time. I thought it was absoultely appalling what Tony Shaw came out and said about our club. It was true to form though because he's been canning our club for years now, and it really hurts us.

Say what you like about Tarrant, but dont come on and use anything as an excuse to Collingwood bash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

would rather tarrant of medhurst any day. i was always a fan fo his and still am. hope he plays well for them in all games excpet against us. its gonna hurt inside to boo him when he gets the ball against us....

good luck to him

__DaVE said:
would rather tarrant of medhurst any day. i was always a fan fo his and still am. hope he plays well for them in all games excpet against us. its gonna hurt inside to boo him when he gets the ball against us....

good luck to him

We won't be booing him. Only traitors like Nick Davis, Mal Michael and Heath Scotland deserve boos. This was a very amicable trade.

you idiot sheehan said:
Only traitors like Nick Davis, Mal Michael and Heath Scotland deserve boos.

i wouldn't call heath scotland a traitor, we delisted him, was angry at the time adn still am always liked him and saw him as our next buckley like player. instead hes at carlton and has no potential to aspire to anything in the AFL

Tarrant is a Traitor because he wanted out!

Tarrant the Traitor!

__DaVE said:
i wouldn't call heath scotland a traitor, we delisted him, was angry at the time adn still am always liked him and saw him as our next buckley like player. instead hes at carlton and has no potential to aspire to anything in the AFL

i'm almost certain he wasnt delisted. he wanted to be traded to carlton. i'm pretty sure we got a pick in return (2/3rd rd?)

Reading some of the comments in here ppl r talking as if they've just lost their gf's. lol

Nardz said:
i'm almost certain he wasnt delisted. he wanted to be traded to carlton. i'm pretty sure we got a pick in return (2/3rd rd?)
Wasn't delisted, but didn't specifically ask for a trade to Carlton - Just wanted to go somewhere where he'd actually get a game.

No hard feelings for Scotland - We told him we wouldn't play him, and traded him somewhere that would.

vinnie_vegas69 said:
Wasn't delisted, but didn't specifically ask for a trade to Carlton - Just wanted to go somewhere where he'd actually get a game.

No hard feelings for Scotland - We told him we wouldn't play him, and traded him somewhere that would.
impatient, and over rated himself. he was still young, and wouldve had the chance to prove himself, especally considering we were dessimated by injuries in the following 2 seasons.

That said, wasnt a great loss.

Nardz said:
impatient, and over rated himself. he was still young, and wouldve had the chance to prove himself, especally considering we were dessimated by injuries in the following 2 seasons.
How so? He had played in the 2003 Grand Final, was 23 years old and felt he deserved a regular senior spot, which despite playing him in that finals series and having several players on the verge of retiring, the club wouldn't offer him.

How could he have overrated himself? He's definitely gone on to prove that he belongs at senior AFL level.

I'm not saying we should have kept him, but it was hardly something to blame him for, or to have hard feelings against him over.

you idiot sheehan said:
We won't be booing him. Only traitors like Nick Davis, Mal Michael and Heath Scotland deserve boos. This was a very amicable trade.

i would boo him when he gets the ball, but cheer when he kicks a point, kinda opposite to when he was at collingwood

Wont be getting any boo's from me!

Even tho i can see the reasoning behind the deal, i think. Im still feeling a bit gutted about it...Think Taz has still got some good footy ahead of him but unfortunately it wont be for the pies..

Hope Taz does really well at Freo

Go Tazza

MarkT said:
I have thought for some time he should be traded. He’s let us down too often. Now he’s gone I have this horrible feeling he will burn though. He has undoubted talent and this could be the kick up the backside Tony Shaw rightly said we didn’t have the guts to give him years ago. The bottom line isn’t what he does at Freo though it is what eh would have done at Collingwood. We’ll never know I guess. Pick 8 and 10 should set us up for some time if we are smart (and lucky).

I can’t help but think we’ve shot ourselves in the foot. We’ve off loaded one of our tall three (supposedly Collingwoods strength), and arguably the fittest and strongest of them all. This was the first season in the last three years we had them on the park together, and blokes like Leon Davis and D Thomas were able to benefit from it. There’ll be bugger all rest for Fraser and Rocca now (and we all now Rocca needs continual rest through a game).

If only some of the twits supposedly called coaching staff had have worked on his kicking technique (which we all know was floored), we wouldn’t have watched him leave the club. Pickering on SEN reckons its just in his head and his technique is fine and he kicks all his goals at training – Bull*****.

If Scott Cummins was the bloke advising him then no wonder his technique was suspect. He may have been an effective kick of the footy himself, but you could hardly call him a beautiful kick or classic text book example of how to kick a football.

Taz had no problem getting the ball up the field when he went on the lead and he was generally prepared to run hard & presented as an option most of the time. Given the state of our midfield (WHICH IS STILL OUR PROBLEM) its no wonder he went in search of the pill up the field. Delivery to him and the other forwards is just not good enough.

Now we’ve still got a cr@p midfield and one less tall target who was actually capable of taking a mark. No disrespect to Rusling (who has obvious potential) but he has plenty to prove before he can be touted as our new Phil Carmen as many of you think he will be.

We’ve had early draft picks over the past six years for what exactly. Tarrant 26 entering the prime of his career now, and he’s gone (Mel Michael again?) – MM and his crew combined with Shaw & Cloke senior continually putting in their 20cents worth = shambles!

Good Luck Tazza – all the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

See Ya Taz

Remove this Banner Ad

Back