Seeking to adopt/buy small dog

Remove this Banner Ad

Family looking to adopt/purchase small puppy.
Best place in Adelaide?
Breeder or rescue centre. Not a pet shop. Research the breeder too.

Recommend anyone?
Rescue-wise, I think the RSPCA are at Lonsdale now?? For breeders, you'd need to decide on a breed, then look them up. You don't want anyone who looks like a puppy farm though or breeds for pet shops. Dogs should be bought by people who actually want dogs.

Good luck!

Recommend anyone?
Concur with dogs105

RSPSA for a rescue dog.

If you want a pure breed dog, check out local breeders & make sure reputable & registered with Dogs SA.

My Chow Chow pups would be too big for you. 1st one leaves the house tomorrow. Going to be much quieter come thr weekend.

• Banned
Concur with dogs105

RSPSA for a rescue dog.

If you want a pure breed dog, check out local breeders & make sure reputable & registered with Dogs SA.

My Chow Chow pups would be too big for you. 1st one leaves the house tomorrow. Going to be much quieter come thr weekend.

What do you charge for your pups?

What do you charge for your pups?
Depends on the parents, but many thousands.

Current litter the Mum bred from current world show winner & Dad imported semen from Canadian Champion.

More important to find the pups a good & suitable home than to make money from them!

As per the other thread, our current 2 dogs are from SA Dog Rescue - now SAHARA:

They are a very professional group; they'll come and inspect your property, check you out and there's a 2 week trial period. They are in the business of properly re-homing dogs to the right home, not just offloading them.

Adopting a rescue dog is a very good thing. But you need to be committed - be careful about adopting a dog with issues, and prepared to persist and work on it if they do have issues. One of our dogs is "problematic" but we have never given up on her and gone out of our way for her. She's only alive because of us.

(On the other hand, SA Dog Rescue warned us that the other dog might be "a bit aggressive", LOL, she's turned out to be a total softy!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back