Selwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Indeed...the other two go all right too

Yes, they do.

Here's a bit written by ant555 on the D&T board on #4:

Scott Sellwood – 184cm 81kg – Bendigo Pioneers. Gets a lot of publicity simply because of his brothers but as far as footy goes he is his own man. He isn’t as classy as Joel but he does have great skills. Isn’t overly fast and tends to crash through the smaller guys rather than beat them with skill. Has played a bit of junior footy at half back with no one on him so he finds the ball a bit but often I think he could be working harder during games. Needs to run and carry it more often. He is a good size kid who does seem to enjoy playing an inside pack crashing role.
Top 20 pick.

I think after the first Masten / Palmer / Ebert / Rioli pick, we should consider Selwood with our second pick... Selwood / McGinnity / Vezspremi - one of tehm would do nicely.

Yeah...what have we go pick 23 or something?
I don't think he'll go that deep though

24 I think. Huddo called him as a "Top 30" pick - but he might go earlier because of his name. This ant555 guy reckons Top 20. If they're keen, then they might have to try and trade up to another Top 20 pick.

I do like the sound of McGinnity also TBH... although he's only 5'11", not the 6'1" that Harvey reckons we're after:

Paddy McGinnity – 182cm, 75kg-Claremont- One of the lesser knowns of the all star WA midfield but deserves a mention in his own right. Took Cotchin out of the game in their game against Vic Metro while still winning his own footy. Can run with opponents all day and has good speed. Skills are good and he can win the footy at clearances. His tagging was very disciplined.
Pick 10 to 30.

Might get him with #24.

I think after the first Masten / Palmer / Ebert / Rioli pick, we should consider Selwood with our second pick... Selwood / McGinnity / Vezspremi - one of tehm would do nicely.

Completely agree. A Palmer & Selwood or a Rioli & McGinnity double pick on draft day would have my eyes rolling in the back of my head, a look only my wife sees;)
Just worries me that every Freo supporter on BF knows what we need which leads me to think Phil Smart will draft a "smokie" (another half back or forward).

P.S Was going to do a Oh Carol or Living next Door to Alice, Smokie pun but alas couldn't think of one:eek:

Completely agree. A Palmer & Selwood or a Rioli & McGinnity double pick on draft day would have my eyes rolling in the back of my head, a look only my wife sees;)
Just worries me that every Freo supporter on BF knows what we need which leads me to think Phil Smart will draft a "smokie" (another half back or forward).

P.S Was going to do a Oh Carol or Living next Door to Alice, Smokie pun but alas couldn't think of one:eek:

Masten & McGinnity. :thumbsu:

But any of them would do really... and you're no doubt probably spot on with the smokie... likely it will be a tall, creative HBFer... cos we don't have enough of them. :eek:

Having a Selwood would create a bit of interest cross town. I'd like to know his thoughts on Freo after the Des fiasco in D1 this year.

Listening to his mum talk, the family is pretty much comfortable with whatever fate brings.

If he gets a gig would set a knew standard having four brothers playing at the same time.

Any know if it's happened before ?

Having a Selwood would create a bit of interest cross town. I'd like to know his thoughts on Freo after the Des fiasco in D1 this year.

Listening to his mum talk, the family is pretty much comfortable with whatever fate brings.

If he gets a gig would set a knew standard having four brothers playing at the same time.

Any know if it's happened before ?

Terry, Neale, Tony and Chris Daniher.

I'm from bendigo and the word around here is Scott is the best of the lot. Don't know how much should be read into that but thought you would be interested to hear it.

I'm from bendigo and the word around here is Scott is the best of the lot. Don't know how much should be read into that but thought you would be interested to hear it.

I always thought "the word" was that Joel was the best, Scott was next, then the twins, with Adam edging Troy out.

Scott must be pretty good if he's better than Joel. That kid is a dead-set gun.

I reckon there might be a few recruiters willing to take a punt on Scott with a very early pick, hoping that he will be another Joel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott is not near Joel's league.

That said, Scott wont last past the first 20. I cant see him being at Freo tbh.

I always thought "the word" was that Joel was the best, Scott was next, then the twins, with Adam edging Troy out.

From memory Troy was always rated higher then Adam and was drafted before him. Through injuries or whatever else, it seems it's swung the other way.

Both more then handy though...

Scott must be pretty good if he's better than Joel. That kid is a dead-set gun.

I reckon there might be a few recruiters willing to take a punt on Scott with a very early pick, hoping that he will be another Joel.
ok. i went and spoke to a bloke who was involved with the all the Selwood boys in juniors, just to be sure.
here's what he told me.
Adam and Troy have amazing work ethics.
Joel has the smarts.
Scott has the talent.
again this is just one blokes opinion but it is a fairly educated one methinks. seems to know his footy.
I know based on this i want him at Hawthorn

ok. i went and spoke to a bloke who was involved with the all the Selwood boys in juniors, just to be sure.
here's what he told me.
Adam and Troy have amazing work ethics.
Joel has the smarts.
Scott has the talent.
again this is just one blokes opinion but it is a fairly educated one methinks. seems to know his footy.
I know based on this i want him at Hawthorn

Wow. Cheers for the info. :thumbsu:

Definitely reckon we should try and get ourselves the last one!

Scott is an inside mid, much like joel but with less skill and more agression.

Troy and Adam are outside mids and Troy has ben groomed as a tagger. I'd rate Troy over Adam, but Adam has the flag...

well two of the selwoods have medals now.
i think with the selwoods you atleast know what your getting. good hard running midfielders, with pretty good skills. sounds like any of the four would fit into the freo team.
and if adam is the worst of the lot, thats high praise for the others because i think adam is bloody good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Selwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back