Game Day Semi Final, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real-talk: both sides came out looking for a brawl and that's the reason why the umps are overofficiating the game - it's an attempt to regain control over the situation

Toby greene only getting a fine instead of suspended rightly as the whole of every other clubs was expecting has instigated this to a large degree.

The afl by not banning greene the grub has caused heat in this game

It’s time to unleash our best quarter. If we don’t perform here in the 3rd than I think GWS run away with it. Similar to Tigers last week.

We’ve gotta kick 4 goals straight just take a 2 goal lead. Long way to go but need a big quarter here.

Backing the boys in, think we have what it takes, come on Lions!!

Andrews and Adams have to lift big time. Having zero impact and being totally outclassed,massive disappointment up to now.
McStay has to get to more contests,and compete,Giants getting way too many easy marks in defence. We can’t win without a more competitive effort at both ends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are good at 3 qurters. It does feel that we need more goals from players who aren't Cameron. Looking at you Rayner, McCarthy, Big O and McStay. Back when we were really good in the season we were getting goals from our midfield such as Neale, McCluggage, Lyons, Zorko. Also Christensen, get some goals mate

Still in it but I hope we don’t run out of steam in the second half, I don’t think I have seen such a spiteful game this season. We just seem panicked yet again, not good signs.

Last edited:
U can't help but think the afl has an agenda to get gws over the line into the semis no matter what

Greene being allowed to run around just confirms this...

If the afl have to wonder why there are so many free kicks look in the mirror u d1ckheads

Andrews and Adams have to lift big time. Having zero impact and being totally outclassed,massive disappointment up to now.
McStay has to get to more contests,and compete,Giants getting way too many easy marks in defence. We can’t win without a more competitive effort at both ends.
Agreed, doesn't seem to stay in our f50 for long, too many easy intercept marks. They either need to contest or the boys need to stop kicking it so long and actually look for a target

Time to lift all over the ground. Need better defence, midfielders to get more of it and our efficient finishing best. I’m hopeful, but this is nerve wracking. Go boys!

Speaking of the AFL ... as a Lions season member I have sat with the same people around me for 10 years at the Gabba and gone thru thick and thin. Over the years we have got to say hello and talk. Then the finals tickets responsibility gets handed over to the AFL muppets and TicketMaster. Buy two tickets for the 1st semi final, no those lottery seats suck, hand them back, have another go, etc, etc about 20 times before getting something that's passable. How hard is it in 2019 to offer season ticket members their regular seats for 36 hours before they go on sale to the public. Bloody backyard sh*t from the AFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back