Game Day Semi Final, 2024 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s time to move Zac Bailey on. This season he has been so poor.

Disappointed in our effort tonight when the ball is in dispute and not going anywhere and we just throw it out into space hoping we'll run on to it. Dumb or just can't be bothered ?

Payne shouldn't have played and his body language says it all.

Ah well. Gws have done crazy well to shut down our strengths. They are playing man on man instead of zone defence when we are kicking in. They are all over us. Any disposal is rushed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get it. But the fact that is missing is that the ump clearly said, while GWS still had the ball, "Give it to Oscar". He then gave it to the giy who is 20cm shorter. Not smart.
Any chance that in the middle of a crowded stadium he didn't hear the name the umpire called? Looked around, gave it to the guy calling for it.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but seriously, Payne can't jump or put his full body weight through that knee. Joyce is at least a fit body.

Sadly I think Fagans got seduced by the idea of a fit Payne when in reality he looks at best 80% fit which is useless as he is very much a confidence player.

I'll certainly watch this second half, but it does look like we are two levels below GWS and are barely hanging on.

Will Ashcroft is a gun and Ah Chee has been good.

Big second half with a bit of a bake coming up. Half of footy is plenty of time to turn things around. Not a large margin

We're still only 21 points down and playing like crap. They're playing smart and could have buried us that quarter.

Honestly ,we overrate ourselves but some of our guys haven't raised a sweat and if they've got the pride and determination they'll come out firing in the second half.

That's what should happen if we're any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back